“Sun, Sea and Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Negril

Save Saved
You added Couples Negril to your Saves list
Couples Negril
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd. | PO Box 35, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 91 hotels in Negril
UK
“Sun, Sea and Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was our first time staying at a couples resort and let me tell you we were not disappointed. Firstly we were recommended to stay in the Negril area by friends who had visited Jamaica before and I too would definitely recommend this area. We were meet at the airport by a representative for couples and shown to a room where refreshments were offered while we waited for the rest of the group. Transfer time on a well conditioned mini bus was about 1 hour. Once we arrived at the resort check in was very easy and very quick. We were given information of where we could eat ( as we arrived at night) and then shown to our room. We did not book a specific room with a view but we were lucky to have a room with a sea view ( which I have to add was stunning). I do believe once walking around the resort there would not be one room with a bad view beach or garden.
The choice of restaurants was amazing, 4 in all, the quality of food was five star and we were spoilt for choice. The hotel is set on the beach and if you are going to this resort for a special occasion for an extra cost private dining in the tree tops or on the beach is available.
The beach was absolutely stunning pure white sand with crystal clear sea. The cushion from the sun lounges also became a lilo for the sea. Towls were provided and there was even waiter service for drinks on the beach. I have to say all staff were extremely friendly, wanting to stop and make conversation and making sure we were having the best time.
Some day trips are included in your holiday price like the glass bottom boat and the catamaran and we would definitely recommend these.
Room cleanliness was immaculate cleaning twice a day. Mini bar, well I say Mini bar, It was more like a normal bar with it being topped up daily if you wished.
Overall myself and my partner both agreed it was one of the most amazing holidays that we have had and we would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about going. If you are looking for sun, sea, paradise this is the place to go.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear First Time Visitors

We are very grateful to have had the opportunity to be your hosts for your vacation. We are also happy to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.

At Couples Negril we strive to provide all our guests with that superb romantic vacation that they are looking for, with varying choices in entertainment and food fused with what we choose to call “pleasant little surprises” along the way.

Thank you for making the choice to become a part of our family. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best regards.
Couples Negril Management

2,892 people have reviewed this hotel

2063
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
Whitby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed February 21 - 28th. Last year we stayed at CSS and enjoyed that resort as well. Transfer from airport to the resort went smoothly. Before leaving I tried to log on for the Romance Package (it is for returning couples), I was not successful. When we checked in I mentioned this and we were told they probably have the info. We mentioned again the next couple of days to guest services. No big deal, just wondered why no one looked into it. The Managers cocktail party we were talking to the beverage manager (Konrad, very nice gentleman)) and told him. He was very nice and said he would look into it and also invited us to join the special dinner that night for returning guests. We already had reservations at the restaurant so declined. He did look into it which we appreciated. We had a wonderful stay at Couples, we ate at all the restaurants except Asian and everything was very good. The staff very friendly red flag for drinks, the beach is great for walks. Yes the rooms could do with an upgrade and hopefully this will happen. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4310. Garden view. It is close to the main road, but did not bother us.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Recent Guests,

Reading your review has made it even more clear to us that we are meeting our objectives in providing a perfect romantic holiday. Our promise to you also includes taking the time to acknowledge your concerns and making an effort to address and we are happy to that Konrad took care of your romance rewards needs.

We are all looking forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Best regards.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

First time have stayed at a couples only resort & my Husband & I were very impressed.
The hotel could not be faulted on anything as nothing was too much trouble.
Room was clean, tidy & just as stated in brochure. Mini bar was replenished daily with a phone call.
Staff were very friendly, excellent service in all regions.
Very good choice of restaurants with excellent food served at all of them. All freshly made, well presented & no dodgy tum throughout the whole visit.
We were there for our 35th wedding Anniversary & my birthday so celebrated with private dining on the beach. Out of this world a memory we shall not forget, & we also had a cake & plate of handmade chocolates at the end of meal.
Beach cleaned every morning as were the gardens.
Each evening entertainment was laid on at a very good standard, also events throughout the day in which you are given play money that you can use to bid on items in a twice weekly auction. I came away with lovely handmade pair leather flip flops from this.
Certain traders are allowed onto the beach & sell beautiful handmade goods reasonably priced as well.
Trips booked through agent at hotel ***** for prices as cheaper than rep! Would highly recommend Black River, YS Falls & Appleton tour, also dolphin encounter.
This is the first time I have come away from a resort & said I would like to go back, as was FANTASTIC :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Dear Recent Guests,

Congratulations on your 35th Anniversary. It was a pleasure for us to have shared with you in such a joyous occasion.

An excellent holiday resort is what we aim to provide for you, our valued guests which entails incorporating an array of fun activities and comfortable accommodations with a vibrant and helpful team. We are glad that you were able to appreciate all our inclusions in addition to the Jamaican country side.

We await your return.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

stayed from the 17th March for two weeks and was our second visit.It was as beautiful as we remembered. the staff Carlos,Nelly, Ruthann,Kiev and Keano were fabulous and entertaining and looking after us all.Jovane at the water sports and Tennyson and Omar at the bar,remembered us and welcomed us back and looked after us for our stay. All the staff were fabulous and the repeaters dinner was lovely. the beach just beautiful and the water fabulously clear.All the restaurants had fabulous food and the housekeeping staff never seem to stop. our room was immaculate. we only left the hotel once to re visit Ricks Cafe for the sunset and the divers, which is always worth a visit.
We were asked why we came all the way from England wasnt there somewhere closer that was hot, we replied yes but no where that we got looked after like this place.
Thankyou for giving us another fabulous holiday

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Repeat Guests,

Thank you for your support of Couples Negril. All our guests are considered a part of our family, so we take it as a privilege to ensure that you are taken care of on your visit with us.

We are humbled by your appreciation of our team members as they work toward creating that perfect romantic holiday just for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back home to Couples Negril in the near future.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Couples Negril is a great all-inclusive resort which offers great value for money. Based on our recent travels, here is my top 10 list for this resort.

10. Couples Negril is a small resort which allows you to locate everything on the first day of arrival. This is a huge plus because you aren't spending days trying to find a restaurant or the gym.

9. Mini-bar to order - Although some reviewers complain about having to call down to re-stock the mini-bar, we found this wonderful because we could order exactly what we wanted versus being stuck with the hotel's choices. We could order brand name diet cola and even large bottles of wine. We actually ordered so much on the first day we didn't need to call down to re-stock.

8. Food - The food is really quite good. The Heliconia served a very nice lasagna and a fabulous salad with apples, feta cheese and a pineapple vinaigrette. I also really liked that the breakfast buffet offered whole wheat pancakes & waffles (less guilt). My husband liked the smoothie bar.

7. Free room service breakfast - Each night before 1am, guests who wish room service complete a continental breakfast card which is hung outside the room door. We found it very relaxing to have a basket of croissants, banana bread, fresh fruit and coffee to eat on our balcony each morning. Pure bliss.

6. Free WiFi - Wifi was terrific, even on my phone. We had no problem with reception anywhere on the resort. In addition, Couples offers an internet lounge with printers which allow guests to print their boarding passes. Very convenient!

5. Lounge pads that float - The lounge chair pads double as air mattresses which can be used in the ocean or pool. They were very thick and comfortable. This proved a great way to cool off. By the way, you didn't need to worry about reserving any chairs because there were plenty to go around.

4. Red Flag Service - Bar staff came around with flags for guests to raise when they wanted another drink. This was wonderfully convenient but I did find it just as easy to go to the pool bar. If you were far from the pool bar, you did wait a little longer for a cocktail.

3. Amazing Yoga Instructor - Although I am only a novice yogee, I really liked the yoga classes which were offered on a covered deck outdoors. The instructor works with the group and challenged us when we needed it. During the week, I went to 4 classes and my friend went to 5 classes we liked them so much. Aqua Fit at 11 am each day is also lots of fun.

2. Friendly staff - As mentioned in many of the reviews, the staff are great and lots of fun. Kiev made sure we were entertained and was a great recreation coordinator, even grabbing a few board games when we encountered rain.

1. Excursions included - Yes, this is by far the best perk of Couples Negril. So many activities are offered free to guests. These include great snorkelling (lots of fish, sting rays etc), shopping shuttle, catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat tour, tennis lessons (great instructors), paddle boards, water skiing and golf! I travel quite a bit and have never seen so many excursions offered free of charge at any other all inclusive resort. We figured we saved approximately $400 over the week.

What could be improved:
- Rooms are very basic. Although I understand an update is in the works, the rooms are a little outdated. They have everything you need, but they need some updating.

- Wine is not great. I like my wine and I found it mediocre. The Merlot is the better of the 3 reds.

- Drinks are too strong. Hey, I like my cocktails but often my friends and I couldn't even drink them because the alcohol overpowered the drink. The resort would probably save a fortune in booze if they just cut down on the heavy pours.

- Not a lot of activities at night. Although this is not a big deal for me, most of the activities in the evening are bands. They do offer a nice bon fire with a great singer and jugglers another night but for the most part, the activities happen during the day. If you are a night hawk, this isn't the place for you. On the other hand, if you like lots of activities during the day, you will LOVE the resort!

Room Tip: The resort is a series of 3 story buildings. We liked our room on the 3rd floor because it offered a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear valued guests,

It is very nice to hear from you. We appreciate you taking the time to create a list of your favorite things about Couples Negril.

The Couples Negril brand strives for excellence and we’re always glad to hear from guests as it relates to their time spent with us. Our many activities and services offered were borne out of the idea to create the perfect all inclusive experience for vacationers.

It’s our objective to meet your expectations, creating that dream getaway just for you. We are always drafting new ideas to completely wow guests, your suggestion as it relates to the wine selection and room décor will be kept in mind.

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.

Regards,

Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed for 7 nights in December just before Christmas. Everyone at the airport lounge was very friendly, the bartender there took great care of us. The shuttle took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the resort, no stops luckily. The resort was beautiful and very relaxing, never had to worry about getting a chair on the beach no matter what time you make your way there. Our room was an ocean view, nothing like waking up in the morning and seeing the water from bed. We spent most of our time either at the pool bar (thank you Franklin and Ivy) or on the beach using the great red flag service. The food was delicious and the bacon at breakfast was amazing. We went on the glassbottom boat tour and the sunset cruise, both were so much fun. The only thing I feel is a con about the resort is the rooms are in need of updating and we didn't feel our room was actually being cleaned but that didn't ruin our vacation. We met so many couples who were repeaters........7, 12, 18 times. Everyone, staff & guests were so friendly. The biggest decision we had to make was where did we want to eat. We loved CN so much we are coming back in July for our wedding.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ricardo B, General Manager at Couples Negril, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest:

I am pleased to read your review and share in your experience.

All our inclusions are for your enjoyment and we feel a sense of accomplishment when our guests express satisfaction, as that is our ultimate goal.

We are presently reviewing our rooms and putting plans in place to begin upgrades this year. We will also review the cleanliness issue.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your destination wedding.

Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went with friends and we all loved this resort. It wasn't crowded. You could always find a chair at the pool and the staff was wonderful. Rooms were clean and a nice size (we were on the beach side). Restaurants had great food and were easy to get into - no waits. My husband scuba dives and loved it there. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Recent Guests,

It was a pleasure hosting you and your friends recently. Happy to know you liked the rooms and enjoyed our restaurant meals and services and also the diving inclusion.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Couples Negril Management.

Been to Couples Negril? Share your experiences!