“You'll never want to leave!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“You'll never want to leave!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2004

We had 5 days for a honeymoon and it was perfect!! From the time you enter the gates at Couples to the time you leave, you are in paradise.
I heard some complaints about the food, but these people had been eating grill cheese sandwiches all week, so too bad for them. The food was awesome, and there was somthing for everyone. I gained 8 pounds in 5 days all because of the excellent menu at Couples. When we were not eating or drinking on the beach or in the pool we were out on one of their five hobi cat's. Here is a hint guys, when you arrive, lock your wallet and money in the safe in your room and forget about it. We spent $12 the entire time we were there. It is amazing that all of the staff treats every guest like they are a VIP and they do not accept tips. The staff is what makes Couples Negril the best place on earth. I have never seen a group of people so intent on making sure you are happy. If somthing is wrong they will make it right, and then do all they can to be sure you have the perfect vacation. We got back last night at midnight, and I called my travel agent at 9 this morning to book our next trip to Couples.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2004

I did not have high expectations for this resort, or any Jamaican resort for that matter, after spending my honeymoon in Hawaii. Boy, was I wrong! The warm, calm, crystal blue Negril waters were magnificent.
You'd be hard pressed to find a more romantic sunset. Grab a drink at the swim-up bar or have it delivered to your beach chair...or hammock!
I hate to sound like an advertisement but Couples Negril is just that good!!! Loved the complimentary breakfast delivered to our balcony overlooking the gardens--don't waste your money on beachfront. The rooms are well styled but a bit musty; water pressure can be an issue during peak usage. That being said, we spent very little time in our room. Food was excellent with ample choices. Be sure to visit my friend Joseph at the Beach Grill for a late-night burger, fries, nachos, jerk chicken, or ice cream. Water sports were well staffed and maintained.
We spent 6 days at Couples Negril could have stayed 6 more. Above all, the true stars of the resort are the friendly and accomodating staff!
Don't hesitate to book your vacation at Couples Negril...I know I'll be back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2004

My husband and I just returned from an amazing trip to CN. We were married at the resort and could not have been happier with how everything went. The staff really made the event special and we were happy to have the traditional vows as part of the service. We didn't know what to expect going into this trip, but were overwhelmed with how classy and elegant this place was. The staff was awesome. You can tell they have a lot of fun too and truly do enjoy making sure you have a good time. The dive instructors were very professional and we felt safe diving with them. I recommend making your dinner reservations as soon as you get there (desk across the lobby from the front desk), as they book up quick - and it is definitely worth it. Trust me - you will love your stay at this place. I would be hard pressed to think of something they need to improve on!

Moreno Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2004

My wife and I stayed at Couples Negril from Dec 24 to Dec 30th.

This was the BEST VACATION that we have ever had by far!! The resort was beautiful. And the staff was excellent. We are already making plans for our next visit.

The beach at Couples is awesome. And if you are not a beach person, then you can simply hang out by the pool, which is also awesome.

If you want a great vacation then go to Couples Negril. You can fill your day with the many activities and excursions that they offer or you can do nothing at all. It's all up to you. And what we really liked about Couples Negril was that it was an all-inclusive resort. All of our food, drinks, and non-motorized water sports are all included. That made for a worry free vacation. If you go to some of the off-site excursions, there may be a fee. But Couples offers many of their excursions as part of your stay there. that was very cool. If you want to ride a jet-ski, you cannot do that through the resort, because that is a motorized water sport. But if you walk down the beach a little bit, you can talk to one of Jamaicans there who will rent you a jet-ski. Make sure that you negotiate with them, because when you ask them how much to rent a ski, they will give you some outrageous dollar amount.

We also did the shopping trip excursion that the resort offered. That was mostly a waste of time. We kinda knew that already, but we went anyway, so that we could see for ourselves. The only place that was worth buying anything from was the crafts market. The rest of the places were a waste of time and money. If you want to buy some Appleton Rum or Blue Mountain Coffee, you would be better off buying it at the airport before you leave. The prices are actually a little better and it's duty free. I paid $13.00 for a bottle of rum on the shopping excursion, and when I saw the same bottle at the airport, it was $ 12.00. But oh well, we live and learn. We also took the sunset catamaran cruise to pirate's cave. It was offered by resort at no cost to resort guest. That was a blast. Once you get to pirate's cave you can go cliff diving. Which is exactly what I did. The resort also offers transportation to Ricks Cafe to view the sunset. We missed out on that because we were so relaxed that we ended up missing the van. I guess I will have to do that on our next trip.

In closing, I would like to say that I have no idea how anyone could go to Couples Negril and not have a good time. I read one review that said that the food wasn't that great. Well, those folks must have very sensative taste buds, beacuse I thought that the food was excellent and very plentiful. They had so much food at this place, that you could easily find SOMETHING that you like. My wife and I have stayed at many hotels and resorts and I would rank Couples Negril very high on my list. It's not the best as far as the rooms are concerned, but it was very clean and it looked exactly like it did in the brochure when I saw it in person. The thing that made it the best in our oppinion was the resort as a whole. The beach, pool, staff, service, ammenities, location, etc. etc. etc.

Another thing that was very nice was that they had something to offer everyone of every age group and backround. My wife and I are in our mid 30's. They were couples there who were older than us and couples that were younger. And the reosrt had something to offer all of us. We will definatly be back at Couples this year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2004

Overall was a wonderful weekend. A little pricey for a weekend trip, but hey, you only live once. Three days is not enough time to enjoy all that the resort has to offer. We did spend some time with the paddle boats and hobie's as well as the sunset catamaran cruise to the cliff's. All was wonderful. Food was very tasty and the drinks were made to our liking. Although the entertainment was okay, it doesn't compare to the entertainment offered by the cruise lines. The rooms were adequate but not extravagant. Definitely not dirty or odorous. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. If I were to ever get married again this would be the place to do so. The beach was beautiful with trees and vegetation to within a few feet of the shoreline which was much different than the beaches in the US. You could actually enjoy the beach in a shade. The sand was not as white as I had hoped. I thought it would be like the Florida Gulf Coast sand, but was a darker color.
We experienced our first Au Naturel beach. The area was not large, but adequate with the small number of people that were using it. We didn't feel crowded at all and had good conversation with the others that were brave enough to enjoy the experience. Very few of those outside the Au Naturel area would even go topless, which made me feel a little uncomfortable to do so. The wait staff were friendly and willing to get whatever we wanted, but not hurriedly. (Jamaican Timeframe). We took the free shuttle to The Jungle (nightclub) one night. The shuttle was about a half hour late picking us up and when we arrived at the club there was nobody but us there. They provided entertainment for about 45 minutes, then left us to enjoy the club. Wasn't much to enjoy. We took the first shuttle back to the resort, as did most of those that went.
We also took the shuttle into town for some shopping. The storefront shopping didn't seem to be much of a bargain, but was able to pick up some nice things from a roadside market for good prices. The trip from MoBay was not as scary as many would make you think. It took about an hour and a half on the trip to Negril, but took about an hour on the trip back to MoBay. The driver on the return trip was a bit more adventurous, but still not too bad. Countryside was very pretty.
Ratings as follows: Flight from ATL to MBJ: 3 Stars *** disappointing because we booked thru Air Jamaica Vacations and were expecting complimentary Champagne and Red Stripe on the way down. The flight was operated and flown on Delta which does not serve the complimentaries.
Took forever to clear Customs at MoBay. Couples Negril Resort: 4 Stars **** Beautiful Atmosphere, adequate rooms, gorgeous grounds, nice beach, good watersports, good food and drinks, needs help with entertainment, non-existent nightlife. (BTW, $30 US for cab into town if you call it into the resort, $3 if you go out to the street and catch one).

Would definitely make a return trip, but not for less than a week.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2003

My husband and I stayed at CN from Dec. 17-23, 2003 and had a WONDERFUL time. The service was always courteous and quick; most of the employees there even remembered our names and drink selections. The room and grounds looked just like the pictures in the advertisements..
oversized, comfortable bed; excellent food & resort restaurants; beautiful white sand beach; and plenty of fun activities. We did not have any problems with bugs, stale-smelling rooms, etc that some others have stated on the comment list.

Because we were celebrating our 9th anniversary, we received complimentary flowers in our room and champange. The nightly turn-down bed service was also a treat......housekeeping also left nightly "advice" cards on the beds which had romantic poems and/or quotes. VERY Nice touch!

We will definitely be another one of their repeat customers. On the second day, my husband (who is not easily "sold" on anything) whispered to me, "we're coming back next year".

T Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2003

My fiancee and I stayed at Couples Negril from Nov. 30 - Dec 6. This was our second time at Couples, the first was in Ocho Rios. The reason that we choose Couples Negril is because it was a 'Couples' resort. We consider them to be 'the' best all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. I would not be able to choose between the two, except to say that they are both excellent in their own way. Ocho Rios I would consider 'old grand', and Negril 'new chic'. As in Ocho Rios, the facilties, service, food, watersports, off-site excursions were all terrific. We elected to catch a cab with another couple to see 'Rick's Cafe' instead of the resort trip to Margaretaville. Now that I can say I've been to Rick's, we could have just gone to Margaretaville. Come 7pm at Rick's, all the tour buses left and there were about 10 people left in the bar. We considered trying our last 3 days at Swept Away (just to see it) but then decided we didn't want to pack. We asked to go for the day and we informed that it would be $74 US per person. We felt that since we had already paid at one Couples resort, we shouldn't have to pay at another. We didn't go. We really appreciated the 'return guest' specialties. Special supper in the Ophaiete Restaurant (spelling?), the 1/2 hour massages, t-shirts and complimentary champagne in the room.
Overall - our next trip will be to Couples Negril Swept Away. We can't say enough about Couples.

Been to Couples Negril? Share your experiences!