“Nice to visit in early morning.” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Pirates once haunted this seven-mile stretch of golden sand beach, now ruled by pleasure-seeking beach bums and sun-worshipers.
Needville, Texas
26 attraction reviews
“Nice to visit in early morning.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very pretty beach, but a similar cousin all over the Caribbean including the gulf states. Great for a pub crawl and messing with hustlers, but my wife and other women feel uncomfortable with unwanted attention which is continuous if not with companion. Nice to visit wouldn't want to stay there. I enjoy staying up on the cliffs much more.

• Polish first
Woodbridge, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
“Great beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Beaches are clean and soft of the feet! Loved them! Of course if you walk off the grounds you will have people coming up to you trying to sell almost everything... We never had anyone become rude with us if we just said no thanks...

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Quiet in the morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

beautiful and peaceful until the vendors start walking and selling (not horrible but a little overwhelming at times). I advise walking with no money then you can't be tempted- ha. or keep super small bills -NO ONE will admit to having change.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“dirty water dirty people”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

the moochers and vendors very aggressive the part of beach we saw was dirty unkept locals all over and begging the vendors were rude and aggressive would not go back there at all

Indianapolis, Indiana
17 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous beach and water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

If I were choosing a vacation just for the beach and the beauty of the water, this is the place to go! The water is crystal clear with many blue tones! My husband and I spent quite a bit of time in the water and never saw any sea creatures nearby.

There are seven miles of beach to walk. Although some of the peddlers make it onto your resort beach area, not as many as there are outside the resort beach area. We didn't mind the peddlers all that much. They are selling anything from painting to jewelry to marijuana. If you don't smoke, those peddlers are the easiest to get rid of. We just said, "we don't smoke." The peddlers selling other items are frequent. I like to buy and bargain so it didn't bother me. Also, my husband and I hired a driver to see the communities in which the locals lived. After that, I didn't barter so much. Tourism is the big money maker there.

There are many small crabs to see along the beach at night. You will see MANY of them just before sunset and after if you have a flashlight. They are fast as lightning but if you hold still they will too.

The beach is deep in front of the resorts and the sand is super soft.

Like I said, if you are going just for an awesome beach and gorgeous water this is the place for you. We didn't think the Jamaican resort staff were very friendly at the resort so we don't plan to return.

If you do make the trip, make sure to walk the beach at sunset. We loved walking the beach then!