“Budget perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Lighthouse Road, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #21 of 91 hotels in Negril
“Budget perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

4th time to Negril and always wondered about this crazy castle looking place. We took a look after spending two weeks at Samsara and moved instantly. Private waterfront balcony beside a odd but super room in the turrent. Very good water access with !bonus! Cave to swim into. Coffee served in am on lawn beside ocean to handful of guests. Chef Teddy kicked it in the kitchen breakfast lunch and dinner for fair prices. Overall great experience and as a side note probably the safest spot should the zombie apocalypse happen

• Stayed May 2013

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Returned to BCC--this time with 2 new girlfriends and once again Petrona (manager) and staff rolled out the "red carpet" service - seamless/easy/no-hassle checkin/checkout/all of our special requests/needs are met!

Tips:
Taxi: ask security to call preferred taxi driver--negotiate rate PRIOR to getting in---shouldn't pay more than approx $3-$5 max to go down to 7-mile beach (1-2 persons)
Load up on snacks / drinks from convenience store across the street & to the right.
Snorkel early - water gets rough in afternoon at times

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Minster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We are getting ready for another venture to Negril. There is nothing better that we have experienced than the Blue Cave Castle. There is no question about where we will stay because of the excellent and outstanding service they provide. The BCC is like a family that has invited you to their home. The staff and the Owner treat you as a real person and not just another tourist like the big resorts provide. A 5 star meal is only a two minute walk from our room. The HIDEAWAY EATERY is one of the best kept secrets in Negril. Teddy is an absolute personable chef and the food is outstanding. We would put his food and the prices at the top of the list...A truly hidden secret. Add his personality to that and what more could you ask for. All the staff from Petrona to their beautiful guard dogs make this place just wonderful and a real paradise. We recommend the Blue Cave Castle and the Hideaway Eatery to everyone that is traveling to Jamaica. That is where we will always be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
MIlwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been coming to Negril for years now and have stayed many places. The Blue Castle far exceeded all of my expectations and came out as my absolute favorite place to stay in all of Jamaica. When I arrived I was immediately greeted at the gate and walked directly to my room (number 4). No need to check in - they knew exactly who I was! Room 4 is amazing, with french doors that lead out to a private balcony over looking the ocean and grounds. There is no air conditioning, but sleeping with the doors open was amazing and let in a very nice breeze. The room is very comfortable with items found rarely in Negril (fluffy towels, wash clothes, good, firm mattress, free safe, fridge, etc). Being able to get coffee from the hut was incredible and sipping it on the quiet, peaceful grounds was amazing! We had breakfast at Teddy's every morning. We'd put in our order and he'd bring our food out himself, anywhere we wanted to eat (we usually chose to eat under the gazebo). Milly, a local, came each morning to sell us a bottle of fresh squeezed juice and a bunch of bananas. Most of the time, we felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. We spent some time at Samsara's pools and bar as well as the beach, but couldn't wait to get back to our castle. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet, peaceful getaway. Very romantic!!!!

Room Tip: Number 4 has large, private balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the castle with our family. But Chef Teddy was the highlight. Food was amazing and priced very reasonably. Chef Teddy even took my son fishing. Great people nice property, we would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: There is no pool, that was the only downside.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

To start I wanted to book BCC last year. I didn't because i wanted a flight, hotel, and transportation package. Silly me I had no complaints about where I stayed last but I really wanted to stay at BCC this year. Everything fell into place. I booked the room #14. It was suggested that I go with room #10 instead. Guess what it was a great room! I wasn't sure how my Wife would take to a non AI resort. She had no issues at all. We love the grounds, the room and the staff. When we arrived it was after 5 or 6 Mike the guard to us straight to our room. No forms to fill out no hassle. Met Patrona the next morning, she helped with a few questions. shes awesome. We met the owner Susan(nice lady) she suggested a few things to do and see. Teddy of Teddys Hideaway WOW !!! I had an awesome breakfast and dinner. the Guards Mike and Went are true professionals. We will go back to BCC!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a tv book a room with one. theres no pool but you have the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Moncton, NB Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

For years I drove by this castle and I was always intrigued, sooo glad I decided to give it a try, it's a perfect and unique spot, the location on the cliffs and all the little details around the property are beautiful, the staff always so friendly and pleasant and the Front office manager so helpful and a very nice and caring person, it's like being home away from home, except that it's in a caste, how awesome is that :-) the food is always so fresh and tasty in the restaurant and they even have room service, I also enjoyed the little coffee hut in the morning where you can go help youself to a fresh cup of tea or coffee and take it all in.... on their beautiful grounds...I have been here twice already and plan on returning often, I highly recommend it !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Cave Castle? Share your experiences!