“Our second home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Duluth, Minnesota
“Our second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My wife and I got married at BCC in 2008 (24 Guests). BCC staff was wonderful and the wedding was Beautiful. We been there 3 times since then, and have loved every moment. We will stay there maney more years to come before We retire there someday. Jamaica has the most wonderful, loveing, people I will venture to say in the whole world. I have been to Jamaica 5 times and make less then $22000 per year. Most trips being up to 17 days . This place is for the person that a makes a lower wage or one who likes to veture out into the world. But if your looking for a big party resort or all inclusive like scene this is not for you.I usually spend about $1300each including air from msp and Hotel and spending for 14 days. Great cheap place to visit and well worth every cent.

Room Tip: the tower rooms are small but the best and cheapest with waves hiting the walls all night longmaking...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Beautiful scenery. Everything I wanted in a hotel. (More like resort) Staff super friendly, Easy check-in, Great food and service. Will return for another Girls Weekend next year.

Room Tip: Big super fan in the non a/c rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I just visited the Castle for the second time. We went with a group of 9 people for New Years and had such a great time. The Hotel is a beautiful castle with amazing views of the ocean and sunsets.I enjoyed just walking around the grounds and seeing all the beautiful scenery around. They have a wonderful friendly staff lead by Petrona who is always there to help with any requests. It is a great place to relax and soak up the sun! The rooms are nice I had the Deluxe Room 4 and it was nicely decorated with artwork and had a very cool vibe to it. I felt very safe and comfortable staying there, they security at the gate of the entrance to guard the castle and two of the cutest dogs to guard as well. The castle has its own restaurant where Teddy cooks some of the best food ever. I love the lobster salad, pumpkin soup and his chicken alfredo.The day i returned back home (Chicago) I couldnt think about anything other than planning my next trip back to the castle. Our group has already reserved our rooms for our return trip in December I cant wait!!! I would recommend the castle to anyone traveling to Negril. I love Blue Cave Castle!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I went to Jamaica with my husband and 8 of our closest friends. We stayed in the stunning Blue Cave Castle. The room that we had felt like it was designed for a queen. Satin curtains and satin sheets with a cool breeze that made sleeping through the night a synch. The staff are very friendly and I could leave my lap top out without worrying about anyone taking it. It is a beautiful castle with spectacular views and incredible food. (This is coming from two chefs). A week after returning home to the windy city we booked another trip with 14 of us. I would never dream of staying at another resort or hotel because this castle top's the cake. I highly recommend this delightful place to others because of unique design, above and beyond staff and sensational food that Teddy makes. Looking forward to my return in 11 months. Let the countdown begin.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
green bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed at BCC again this year, We had room # 11 this time(we've had the Egyptian room previously) This is a great room. The patio is private and large. The staff was helpful as usual and the food from Teddy was yummy(except the pizza, sorry Teddy). I was very stressed when I arrived but that all melted away with the first sunset.I've said it before.If you don't have a good time here, you came expecting something else or you're just not a fun person. Loved it!

Room Tip: bring your own shampoo and conditioner
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Albuquerque Nm Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Booked this based on the recommendations here. It was a few months before we were traveling in December so the penthouse was booked. But we did well with Room 11 which is shown in their website and the price was right. It's a big room with a big solid bed with a large bathroom and a large, separate patio that you go out to through a great set of wooden doors and that looks out over the ocean and you get a nice view of the rest of the "castle", so to speak.

Part of the reason I chose it was to do a little snorkeling. But it was really windy when we arrived for 4 days and while it tapered off over the weekend, the water was still too choppy and dangerous to take advantage of snorkeling at the cave but those are the breaks.

The location is fine just down from the start of on the cliffs on the south end of Negril with no big resorts nearby as opposed to 7 Mile Beach. I did have a rental car which made getting around easy but we seemed to be the only ones staying there doing that so I don't know how the other guests got around as there was nothing really close by as far as food and drink that looked decent.

We didn't try the restaurant as it seemed too quiet and a bit overpriced as the prices were similar to the two really nice restaurants that the Rockhouse has about 2 kms further south (we ate at both of them).

The staff were cordial enough and service fine though there were a couple of things that could be addressed. For one, they had a liquid soap dispenser in the bathroom but when we arrived it was completely empty. We asked them to fill it-they said they would but they never did. Second, the shower needs to have a simple soap holder for the bar of soap provided. There was no where to put your soap or shampoo, etc.

In closing, we chose this place to offset somewhat the cost of doing Couples Tower Isle near Ocho Rios for 3 days and because it appeared it was relatively easy to have a rental car and go to 7 Mile Beach as well as take a day trip to Black River and YS Falls which we did. However, if I did come back to Negril, I would consider the Rockhouse as the rates didn't seem all that much higher, it's pretty new and somewhat lavish and it might be a place where you need no car as the restaurants are there, etc.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed in the penthouse as recommended by others on Trip Advisor. What a great way to spend time in Jamaica. I was calling it the Full-On Penthouse because of the sun you will absorb. All the private decks are fantastic if you love to sunbathe. The views of the cliffs and sunset are incredible. This accomodation is very secure. You have a security guard at the gate 24/7 and a dog barks when anyone tries to enter that he has to call back to let you in. Very friendly staff and great food , breakfast and dinner is all that is available. On the down side , you can't really walk from the castle. We did but you have to pay extra attention to where you step as the roads are very narrow here , and I mean narrow ! Also , you can only swim if the water is calm. They put ladders in for you to climb down into the water and pull them out if the waves are too big. We enjoyed the entire experience and it's a great place for the price. You are very close to many of the top rated restaurants here too. You really feel like a king when on top of this castle. Thanks for everything Blue Cave.........
The negative reviews for this place are insane. It's sad to see that people complain about almost anything.This isn't 5 stars. Pay 5 times the price if that's what you are expecting. You are on vacation people. Slow down , kick back , and enjoy what you have............all good mon , no problem !!!!

Room Tip: The Penthouse is the only room we would stay in.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Cave Castle? Share your experiences!