“As gorgeous as the pictures” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockhouse Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
You added Rockhouse Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West End Rd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #3 of 90 Hotels in Negril
New York City, New York
“As gorgeous as the pictures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Note: Traveled in April 2013. My friend and I had an amazing stay at Rockhouse! The can-this-be-real? photos were exactly how the resort looked in person. It is absolutely stunning- the nicest swimming I've ever done. The service is excellent. We took an 8am yoga class and loved swimming in the clear water, which felt so private and different from the nearby resorts. The on-site food was on the pricey side, but very good. We loved the local band playing at the more casual restaurant. Even though we stayed in the garden suites, it felt so luxurious. The massage at the spa was fabulous, and next time, I'm going to request that I have one outside by the water!! The one inconvenience was that we put cash out for the Mini Bar food we took in the room, but the cash was interpreted as tip and we were charged for the food and drinks after we left. We ended up getting this cleared up fairly quickly with the resort via e-mail. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. I even inspired someone else to go after I put up a photo on social media!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is my second time staying here and it's still as beautiful as it was a year ago if not more. The staff is friendly and helpful and the entire place seems like it was designed for complete rest, relaxation, and beauty. The rooms are lovely and clean, and it's extremely private, no matter how loud anyone wants to get its highly unlikely what u would disturb anyone. I will definitely be back and bringing new and old friends. Jody approved

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I decided on this boutique property based on alot of research on trip advisor reading reviews. The pictures dont lie, let me tell u what u see is what u get plus more! I also wanted an environmentally friendly place without alot of tourists- this place exceeded and met all that. To start we used kennys shuttle service and he made us feel very comfortable- the cars are very clean and employees well groomed- also very prompt(we will definitely use them again on returning to jamaica) if its 2 person expect to pay$80 US total. When u arrive at the airport expect to go thru customs about 1 hour waiting in line. Ok back to the hotel, the staff are immediately accomidating and they make u a complimentary drink. Then carry your luggage to the room - we stayed in garden villa 20(by the pool) I highly recommend this room or any other garden villa the premiums are too much$( yes they are very nice ,but u will see they actually only have the benefit of being closer to the restaurant and little private entrances) if u stay anywere else u have all of the same benefits, and who doesnt want to enjoy the walk thru the fabulous gardens-the walk to the push cart is a little ways but nice. the push cart had the best food and drinks! Also it was very reasonably priced, the peppa shrimp was sooo good( i luv spicy) and the view is just stunning. the gift shop is great, we bought alot of starfish products and shirts. but keep in mind across the street there is a shop called juddys she offers lower prices for souviners. her shop is very clean and organized also she owns the shop next to it with alot of bottled drinks for cheaper. The staff on the property are very well trained, they give u privacy but are still attentive when u need them. The rockhouse also makes u feel secure, I never felt unsafe-the whole time i was there i felt sooo safe! This is worth my hard earned money- and we will come back again and again, and the grounds are so kept! everything is run like clockwork and with such efficiency. also they conveniently let u charge anything on the property to your room -then bill with an itemized receipt of all purchases-i luv that! The bed was very comfy and firm- i am never able to get a good night sleep in a hotel, but here at the rockhouse- i slept like i was at home!! the air can b turned on at the push of a button when u enter the room and it turns off when u open or close the door to villa. i luv the fact it does this to save energy, why b wasteful when nobody is in the room. the room doesnt take long to cool once the air is on, so people should stop being so wasteful wanting the air to stay on -and having staff come to adjust. Anyway, one thing i should tell is -because of the humidity stuff takes a long time to dry, they have drying rack in the closet u pull out and use. But i found using a hanger on the back if the stairs leading to second level in villa was more efficient and dries faster. the outdoor showers are soo lovely and a great experience! we had No problems with mosqitos at all nowhere on the property. i did bring some -just neem adios outdoor body spray -that i used for just in case and also it was effective to soothe my sunburn (please use sun block, i misjudged the power of the sun here u will get burned fast) we walked to Ricks it was not close as we thought! 7 mile beach is a very short ride aways like 5 minutes. We stayed at the hotel for 5 days 4 nights and wished it was longer, but this was enough time to soak everything in and get everything we wanted to do accomplished. You will not regret choosing this place!! I checked out some of the other propertys near by and they are all not this nice! Room service is no extra charge and the banana pancakes are delicous! Also the safe is pretty roomy and has 1 key that u will carry, the fridge is always restocked daily and a price sheet lists everything. We drank alot of the bottled water conveniently in the fridge $4 a bottle, but the bottle is huge. Stay at this place and u will want to come back, no regrets!

Stayed July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have been many places in the Caribbean by far this was the best! People, food and service A plus! Its a must to stay in the villas! Nelson with Kenny tours rocks! Thank you rockhouse we will be back next year!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We did not sleep at Rockhouse Hotel, but we did spend several hours in the spa. My boyfriend and I made a day trip to Negril and got body scrubs and deep tissue massages in the cabana on the beach. It was perfect! The body scrub had the most incredible smell that lingered in my clothes for weeks even after washing. I brought a little paradise home. :) The scrub we had was blue mountain coffee and sugar if I remember correctly. The service was incredible, and included a complimentary foot soak when we arrived. Our massage therapists were very welcoming and attentive. It was worth every penny. I don't much about the rooms, but it was a long walk to the cabana for our massages and I will say the hotel is very safe and peaceful. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway right on the water, it's seems like the perfect place. If we ever go back to stay in Negril, I will definitely pick Rockhouse over the all-inclusive, subpar resorts that are in Negril.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
statesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I hate to give a perfect review because I don't want everyone to know about my amazing Negril hotel! This place is over the top everytime I visit! If you enjoy relaxing in a sun drenched and gorgeous tropical foliage location with amazing rooms and food - then go to Rockhouse! What I really enjoy the most are the private cottages ( I have stayed 2 levels from the highest ( cottage 5 ) do the one just under the premium ( 18 ) and both were quite fantastic. you have a wonderful patio on either cottage level and a private sun bathing area near your cottage with comfy sun chair and umbrella. I love that you can jump into an amazing coral reef experience to snorkel right from your room - and the snorkeling there is wonderful and not ruined by tourists who have no clue. You never have to book an excursion when staying at rockhouse. the pool bar and grill has great and fun service and the grill is so GOOOOD! healthy burgers and chicken with fresh salads and wonderful drinks. The PushCart restaurant also a fun casual and the center lobby restaurant is also a great food treat. There really is no bad room in my opinion - our kids stayed in the smaller hotel rooms with garden views and were just fine with the experience - they would come to our room each night for wine and watch the sun set - which you should take in every night you are there! The showers outside also a fun and different vaca experience and don't forget to visit the spa because it is so relaxing and first rate and a great price in my opinion compared to other resorts where they charge an arm and leg. There is NO beach at this resort - you are set a top the gorgeous cliffs - so don't go expecting beach walking. If you want to visit the beach, it's a ten minute cab ride away. Venture out to the fun restaurants around, it's all part of the fun and very safe - visiting the roadside bars along the coastline - also a fun afternoon adventure.

Room Tip: cottage 5 is set back just enough for shade and privacy on your patio if you need shade, cottage 18...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel! Beautiful view from our balcony. The room was on the small size but that was fine we really weren't in it to much. They have a fantastic restaurant and bar. The food here is very, very good. The pool area and outside bar area is amazing. We loved lounging in the pool drinking dirty bananas and looking out into the sea. They have a great deal, you can rent snorkel gear for the day for $5. I absolutely recommend this hotel. The only issues we had is that it is an Eco friendly hotel. When you enter the room there is a button on the wall to turn on the a/c. When you left the room it turned itself off. The staff was understanding and wonderful about coming up and setting it so it ran constantly as it was very hot and humid. Great place to vacation.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor which I highly recommend! The hotel itself only has 34 rooms. The...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!