“Exceeded all expectations - see you soon, Rockhouse!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockhouse Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
You added Rockhouse Hotel to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West End Rd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #3 of 90 Hotels in Negril
NYC
“Exceeded all expectations - see you soon, Rockhouse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

So many wonderful things have been said about this hotel and I agree with all of them, so I will keep it to my *very* favorite elements:

1. The staff - the perfect balance of being attentive but not overly so. Every single person at Rockhouse is friendly. Many have an uncanny gift for remembering your name - within 24 hours I felt right at home.
2. Morning yoga overlooking the water with Fanette. I am not even a huge yoga person but she is so lovely I went every day and was surprised how much my practice progressed with her guidance.
3. The spa - of course my husband and I both enjoyed our treatments (massage for him, scrub by the sea for me - wow) but when I came back the next day with a sea urchin spine in my big toe, they took care of that as well.

We'll be back next spring.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Jay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

flew down for a friends 40th birthday.. What a great trip.. Service was Awesome, accomodations amazing, SPA out of this world..
Really enjoyed just a laid back time. everyone should jump off the bridge into the carribean sea at least once!
Already planning trip back for next year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

First time in Jamaica and the Rock House was the right choice. Love the pace, friendly laid back caring and attentive staff.Views from the cliffs are magnificent particularly sunset. Very helpful in arranging trip and off site activities.
Two nice restaurants and great rum punch.
Yoga in the mornings was a perfect way to start the day in these serene surroundings.
Spa treatments, massage and pedi, were wonderful.
Highly recommend this area of Jamaica in the cliffs and especially the Rock House.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Want a gorgeous room,great view, fabulous staff, and amazing spa? Stay here. It's our fifth trip and we wouldn't be anyplace else. The Rock House never disappoints. The location is spectacular and the food is really the best ( though not the cheapest) in Negril. The staff is very helpful with information, excursions, and activities.

Room Tip: The premium villas are worth it, and 1-8 offer the most privacy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Rock House for our first Jamaican vacation. A week long stay with beautiful cliffside accommodation. Better than that was the staff. Really knowledgable and extremely welcoming. On friday night we spent happy hour at the pool celebrating one of the staffs birthdays with her. The bartenders really made us feel at home and celebrated along side with us. Even with all of the amazing experiences we had in Jamaica we can say that this really made the trip special. We are staying in touch with some of the staff after we leave and definitely are comin back!!

• Stayed March 2014
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I spent two nights here while attending a destination wedding. This was one of the most interesting places I've stayed at. The grounds sit on cliffs that overlook the ocean. The views are just breathtaking; make sure you get to experience a sunset.

I stayed in one of the thatched huts. The room was a very nice size with a large bed on the bottom level and a loft on top with more beds. The bathroom was adequate and the shower was actually outside, but private.

There is a nice pool with a view. There is also a restaurant on the grounds, but I only got to try one breakfast there since both evenings were covered by the wedding festivities and some of us went next door to experience a authentic Jamaican breakfast one of the mornings. There are a few spots on the grounds to have alcoholic drinks. One is in the restaurant bar and another is near the pool. If you get a chance, try a dirty banana. It is made with several types of Jamaican rum, bananas and banana liqueur.

The staff is friendly and helpful. When I told one of the staff that my son collected coins and currency, he made sure I had a wide selection of coins and currency when I exchanged my American money.

There are boats that you can hire to go for a ride on the ocean, go snorkeling, parasailing, etc. Even though I had a short stay, I managed to go snorkeling for a few hours by some coral reefs.

All in all, this is just a great place to spend some relaxing time. This place has it all, the ocean, a pool, scenic views, and things to do, if you want. I just wish I had more time to really enjoy this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Rockhouse is an amazing hotel. The hotel is located in such a nice location; swimming in the ocean and jumping off of the cliffs into the water is so much fun. It is only a short distance from the 7 Mile Beach which is a enjoyable part day activity. All of the staff are incredibly nice and helpful and all of the food is really good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!