“I dreamed of paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #18 of 91 hotels in Negril
“I dreamed of paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Country country I love love love you!!! Me and a friend stayed at country country from sep 6-10 and we enjoyed every minute! You can say it was love at first sight! If you're looking for an uppity faux Jamaican experience this isn't the place. It's like a big family who all takes care of each other. I love that we went during down season because it was like we had everyones attention. i got a little jealous when more visitors checked in and we had to share the love lol. When ever we left security always made sure they knew and checked on us to be sure we made it back safe. I caught my own crab, swam every day , went parasailing and rented jet skis twice! We even paid a guy named flakey to take us out on his speed boat for a while. I loved the vendors and all the staff Stacy Africa and Zumba were the best !!! The security Albert Miguel and Jason were the best too. By the end of the trip a rasta from town asked if I was Jamaican ... That's when I knew I had really absorbed the culture of these lovely ppl and would return soon . Ps when the guys say ure real and proper just answer with respect lol

• Stayed September 2013

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I went to Jamaica for the first time and Country Country exceeded my expectatations. I learned of the resort from living social, thus I didn't know what I would walk into being that it was such a great deal! I recommend this resort to singles looking to have fun as it is right next to Magaritaville, some people complain about the noise, but I had no problem with it. I am a 24 year old single female, so it was perfect! However, if you're looking for a couples retreat, you may want to do something else. I went during the first week of September, which is slow season there, I loved not having to share the resort with so many others, but if you want that- then December- May is the time you want to go. I will break down my critique of the hotel now:

Cleanliness- I am very particular about staying at certain hotels, I bring my own sheets and pillow cases. However, after inspecting the room I didn't feel it was necessary. The sheets were very clean and the bathroom was clean as well. The only thing you will need to watch for is lizards and or other creatures. This has nothing to do with the upkeep of the hotel, it's the environment. So keep doors and windows closed at all times.

Service- Very personal and intimate. Every employee there will know you and the room you are in. They keep track for your safety. Also, if you have questions about where to venture to everyone is more than helpful. I specifically had great encounters with Lee, one of the bell hops, Africa and Stacy (bartenders), Zumba (chef), Miguel, Jason and George (security guards). They all made my friend and me feel right at home.

Location- Excellent. Country Country is in the middle of the infamous 7 mile beach. Again it's next to Magaritaville, perfect for partying. Also our room was steps away from the beach. We were also not too far from the town, so if you want to venture out with the locals it won't be too difficult

Food- Great! I was expecting bland hotel food, with a little cajun seasoning thrown on the plate to make it feel "authentic" however I was pleasantly surprised yet again. Every night there is a menu of about 4- 5 entrees, along with appetizers and dessert. The chicken Dijonaise was my favorite dinner meal, for breakfast I enjoyed the banana pancakes. Conch fritters were my favorite appetizers. But everything was delicious, you really can't go wrong!

Convenience- Poor. Wifi is only in one lounge. Of course I would have loved to have it in the room and on the beach. But that's a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Overall I loved my stay at Country Country, it is quality and comfort all in one. I will definitely go back!!!!

Room Tip: Request to be nearest to the beach
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a fantastic, relaxing week! I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. The property is very well maintained, and the staff are wonderful. The cottage was very clean, comfortable and provided plenty of room. I stayed in #501, which was closest to the front office and the lounge - sometimes I could pick up the Wi-Fi from the lounge on my porch. At night the property was pretty quiet, just the sounds of tree frogs which I found very relaxing. The A/C in the cottage worked well, and cooled down the room pretty quickly. The cottage had a mini-fridge, so I took a trip to the grocery store early in the week to stock up with bottled water, juices, snacks, etc. The beach bar and restaurant were wonderful - the included breakfast was amazing! The beach was kept very clean, and security usually chased off anyone trying to hassle the guests. I was traveling alone, so the staff kept their eye on me and kept me company throughout the week - there was not a moment that I didn't feel safe. Big shout out to my new friends Omar, Andre, Ernie, Eulalee and Afrika! Ernie, the driver, provided me with a custom tour and recommended many delicious restaurants. The sunsets from the beach were amazing!! I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation, and I'm already planning my next trip back!

Room Tip: 501 was furthest from the beach, but was one level so there was no one above me. It was also closest...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed in numerous hotels on the Negril strip and can honestly say this was the best. We stayed the end of July 2013 with our teenaged daughter (19 yrs). Cottage was very clean and homey. No problem with tracking sand into sleeping space. Basin was provided on porch for washing feet when you left the beach. Food was great! We bought lobster on the beach and the cook prepared it for us. Employees are wonderful and helpful. It felt like home away from home. I had to leave to visit family inland and did not want to leave. We will definitely go back. Daughter loved the banana pancakes and we had jamaican breakfast everyday! Most relaxed we have been in a long time! Greatest place ever!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Jamaica after having spent 4 weeks travelling across the US from Australia. We were tired when we arrived and a bit stressed out..We stayed at country country for the week and were very sad to leave...great rooms, great food, great staff. Very relaxing and safe. Ernie was a fantastic driver and took us on an amazing journey into the mountains of Jamaica and to some great local food places. If 5 star luxury is your thing, stay elsewhere. If relaxing in a chilled out place is your style, Country Country is for you. Why is Jamaica so far away from Australia???

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I checked into room 522 mid August and was delighted with my room. French doors open out onto a large, private upstairs porch. I felt like I was staying in my private tree house. Sue, my house keeper, was super friendly and efficient. My room was spacious, and the storm shuttered windows are a charming, tropical touch. It was really fun every morning flipping my shutters open to let the bright Jamaican sunshine flood into my room. The staff made every effort to remember guest names, and preferences. The beach location can't be beat! The restaurant opens right out onto the beach front. I love breakfast particularly, as I enjoy sitting on the restaurant deck, drinking my Blue Mountain coffee, along with the Jamaican special breakfast. The beach sand is so white you need to wear sunglasses. Ms. Monique and Mr. T stay on top of things and see to it that every thing runs smoothly. A shout out to Sue, Lee, Ernie, Omar, Angie, Opal, Ski, Stacy Ann, Neville, Charmaine, Jason, and I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel has good and not so good qualities! Big Up! Sereta...for your pleasant manner. I have to say the room needed updating..I was in room 522. Their beach hotel is in a nice location. I felt safe..when walking to the room alone in the evening. The hotel staff...seemed uneventful. Why hardly anyone (staff) had a smile on their face...well I have ..no clue???? The maid was lazy..she could have done a better job to make sure the ..bathroom was sanitary..before and during our stay. When we arrived our room was not prepped...hot and seriously sticky :(. We had a dysfunctional airconditioner that died a day or so before my departure. They jeri-rigged a portable one that blew out coolish air ...sporadically...actually sucked! Anyway..I'm a bit turned off from Country,country. My stay at SEASPLASH was better on last years visit!..I probably will try Treehouse in the future.
TEE

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Country Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!