“Never had a bad meal...” 5 of 5 stars

Country Country Beach Cottages
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #18 of 91 hotels in Negril
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Never had a bad meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

In the past 10 years, my wife and I have eaten at Country Country many times. Mind you we have never stayed at the hotel..only eaten in its outdoor beach restaurant. We can only say good things about all of our wonderfully delish and creative meals. From Mahi Mahi, Tuna steaks to red pea soup! This is a restaurant that should not be missed on your trip to Negril! Big Up, Respect everytime!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very nice, I would go back for the relaxing environment. breakfast a little too oily but the staff made very good effort to appease. Lady at front desk Serita was very pleasant and made every effort to ensure all was well

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

For $10.00 [US], I got a carafe of coffee, juice, omelet, and 4 types of fresh fruit, served at a beachfront table by a pleasant and efficient waitress.

By far, the best beach breakfast that I have found in Negril.

Portions are a healthy-size [rather than the typical over-indulgent resort size] and the chef and wait-staff all seem genuinely concerned that you are happy with your meal and your overall experience at Country Country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love the restaurant at Country Country. The staff is great and the chefs are remarkable. Although I don't always stay here, I eat breakfast there every morning. It is some of the yummiest food bar none. A great view of the beach, and good vibes all around. It's a gem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I planned to come back to Jamaica on our 5 year anniversary (we got married in Negril in 2007). We came with my best friend and her husband, and planned to stay 4 nights on the beach and 4 nights on the cliffs. We made our decisions on where to stay based on the type of people we are. My husband and I are both vegans, so all inclusives are usually not much good for us, and my husband doesn't drink. We always choose smaller, more laid back places to stay, because we are not the type of people that stay in a big-name, 400+ room resort. We like to interact with the local people and really indulge ourselves in the culture when we are there. Country Country seemed like the perfect place for us. Upon checking in, I already felt at home. Monique, the manager, was there and was the sweetest thing. The girl checking us in actually worked at the resort we got married at, and my husband recognized her! So right away, we felt comfortable. The rooms were adorable. Exactly what we had hoped for. You really feel like you are staying in a cottage, and not a "Holiday Inn" type resort. The grounds are immaculately landscaped and the beach is just perfect for relaxing. The spot is on the perfect part of the beach, where the sun shines pretty much all day, and the water is pretty calm. The security is by far the best I have seen. No one will mess with you there! Breakfast every day was delicious. The lady in the kitchen and my husband hit it off from the start, and she made us a special "rasta" breakfast everyday to accommodate our dietary restrictions. Overall, I would say this is the best place I have stayed in when it comes to Negril. If I wanted to come back and stay on the beach in Negril (which I guarantee I will!!!), it will be at Country Country. It by far exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Country Country in April 2012. It was our first beach vacation with our 15 year old and it was heaven sent. From check in to check out it exceeded our expectations.We wanted to experience the culture and not be limited to an all inclusive resort. We couldn't have made a better choice. The restaurant was 5 star. Sampled all breakfast choices... awesome Had the pleasure of having dinner on 2 occasions. Service and food were top notch. . Thank you to everyone who made us feel like family. To the lovely ladies who blew up my sons air mattress and arranged a meal when he wasn't feeling well... thank you. To the wonderful men and women who keep the rooms and beach so immaculate and to security who keep watch, thank you also. And to the drivers, so helpful. Last but not least, Monique , I am also in the industry, and I can say without a doubt, you are as professional as they come. Thank you, for a life long memory. It couldn't have been more perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Greeley, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

First of all I can't recommend Country Country Enough. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Monique, the manager, was a delightful and always willing to help us. Jason, security, was very helpful in setting up excursions. Roy, the driver, was one hell of a nice guy. Eulalee, our housekeeper, was a gem.

My wife and I traveled to Country Country November 25-30th for our Honeymoon. We didn't want to deal with all the people at an all inclusive and wanted to stay at a nice small resort where they knew who you are. We got exactly what we wanted. Our cottage was the furthest from the beach, but still only a short walk to the water and restaurant/bar. Our room was very clean and had a fridge, TV, ceiling fan, a/c, and safe During the day we shut off the a/c and opened the windows. We would shut the blinds and turn the a/c off in the evening, and the room stayed very nice. The rooms were not fancy, however they had everything you need and a little more to make the trip enjoyable. My only complaint of Country-Country would be the beds, they are hard.

The beach was kept in immaculate condition. The water was so calm and crystal blue we never wanted to leave the beach area. We ate most of our meals at the restaurant there. The food was outstanding. I received only 1 meal that I thought was alright, as did my wife, but only 2 meals were average out of everything we ate.

Country-Country is perfectly located on 7 mile Beach. Margaritavile is 2 doors down (it's overrated). There are several souvenior stands located close by. One word of warning they will try to sell you anything and everything. If you aren't interested just say no thank-you, and be firm. Best-of-the-West Jerk Stand is a short walk, and It is awesome. Harley-Davidson is just past the jerk stand.

We will definitely be headed back Negril and will be staying at Country-Country

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Country Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!