“Fabulous !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Negril
NYC
“Fabulous !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2004

What the rooms lack in amenities the Staff and Owners make up for in charm and kindness. I spent August 16th thru the 23rd at White Sands and have so many positive things to say about the Hotel and Negril. I loved it so much that I will be back in Negril the first week of February. When people say that you are treated like family, they are not kidding. As a Woman traveling alone, you have to be really careful and not once was I afraid at White Sands. There were so many wondferful people staying at the Hotel who had been staying there for years. All of the positive reviews are true and I would like to thank all at the Hotel, especially Sammy!

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2004

Spent a week in Negril at the White Sands Hotel. Francis and his family run a hotel that really understands how to make thier guests, from all over the world, feel comfortable and welcome! There are a variety of rooms to choose from. It's private, clean, and most of all a place where you can go for a stress free holiday.

• Stayed January 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2004

I recently returned from Jamaica where I stayed at the White Sands in Negril. (Aug 2 thru Aug 10, 2004) I was part of a group of four, two co-workers and my sister. (This was my second time there, the first time was a group of 14 in June of 2000. 8 of us stayed in the villa and absolutely loved it.) The family that runs the hotel are very friendly and eager to make you feel at home. It was my sisters first time being away from her 4 boys and we were able to rent a cell phone from the hotel. Being able to call them gave her much comfort. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. We took pictures of all of the fruit trees and plants. After seeing the pictures everyone wants to go there. This is an excellent value for the price. Being part of a group of women traveling it is very important to feel safe where ever you stay, and I felt safe there. There is a feeling of family looking out for you. This will definately be where I stay on my next visit. Thanks Frances, Henry, Patrick, Ethel, Tiny, and the rest of the family and staff for making our stay so wonderful and a lifelong memory.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2004

Just back from Jamaica (August 10, 2004). There were four of us that stayed at the White Sands Hotel. Frances, Henry, Cory, Ethel and the entire family and staff at the White Sands are the greatest group of people you could ever meet. This group makes everyone feel like family. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are nice and clean with a lot of space at a very reasonable price. We enjoyed Patrick the bartender,as well as Patrick our van driver. For a great time of fun and relaxation without worry, this is the place to stay. We felt very safe. We are already planning our trip for next year. Thank you to everyone at The White Sands Hotel. See you soon!
Patrice

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2004

We visited White Sands for a 3 week vacation with 3 kids, 11, 13 and a 18 month old baby, and we rented the one bedroom cottage. Honestly there was something for everyone. We had a great maid, she cooked for us whenever we needed her too, and she even watched our kids for us, a few nights when we managed to get a night out. Whatever we asked for was provided. My toaster broke and within the same day I had a new one. Our kids were always busy if it was playing pool in the games room or swimming until 9:00 every night, or of course playing in the ocean, you can't go wrong by staying at White Sands, we travel alot and my favorite question I ask everone when they go somewhere is, Would you go again? Well my answer to my own question is FOR SURE, my husband and I are planning a 5 day long weekend there in November.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

When I went to Negril, this hotel was rated # 3 on this web site; for the price, I thought "great". I don't have any nightmare stories, nothing terrible to say about this hotel and no complaints. But I don't understand what's so great about it. My husband & I are very low maintainence, so we didn't really expect or want anything special. Although no one was rude to us, no one was exceptionally nice, either. The beach side of the hotel looks like an old, rundown apartment building. The rooms were clean, but could use some upgrading. We felt really lonely, too. I think there was only 1 other couple there. We went in October of 2003 & the kitchen on the beach was closed and so was the pool. We didn't really mind this 'cause we'd mostly go elsewhere to eat & spend the day on the beach. If we ever go again, we'd probably stay at Kuyaba, it looked really nice & affordable and dinner was great there.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2004

What a charming place to stay. I had one of the apartments which was very spacious, with a lovely kitchen, and living room. The hotel's guest services were excellent from currency exchanges, taxi's to and from the airport, and the cleaning service was great. The extremely helpful Management Staff pointed out the great reatraunts and attractions while offering all types of recreation from parasailing to sailboat cruises with snorkeling. The bar/cafe on the beach was the perfect place to watch the ocean from while having lunch or dinner. An exceptional hotel.

Been to White Sands Negril? Share your experiences!