“Love this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Lido Negril

Save Saved
You added Grand Lido Negril to your Saves list
Grand Lido Negril
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, PO Box 88, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly Breezes Grand Resort & Spa Negril All Inclusive)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Brantford, Canada
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

What can I say about Breezes Grand?! My wife and I started coming to this resort 5 years ago when it was still Grand Lido Negril and we fell in love from the start. We've been there every February since, including our wedding at Breezes Grand in February 2011, and the thing that brings us back the most is the home feel you get each time you visit. The staff are so welcoming, and almost make you feel like family. We look forward to seeing the same familiar faces every time we go back. Just to mention a few of the best, Michael in food services is exceptional and very helpful every morning at breakfast. Tannif had to be the world's best wedding co-ordinator, and will help you with anything you need. Sheryl is an amazing woman - she even sat down to have breakfast with us a couple times and she was very entertaining. Behind the bar, what can you say about Shayne (Chris Rock)? He's a very down-to-earth kind of guy with a fantastic personality. Cleon and Dwight were also terrific. And at the beach bar, my wife thought Rohan was a sweetheart - always courteous and smiling.
For those who've never been there, what makes the place terrific is the down-home feel, the excellent food and the gorgeous beach. I still scratch my head when I read reviews about the 'terrible' food and the 'unfriendly staff' - I'm not sure where some of these people eat or what kind of personalities they must have, but if you go to the islands with a smile and the thought of enjoying yourself, I'm not sure how people couldn't enjoy themselves and be treated with warmth and kindness. It truly is what you make of it, and if you're willing to make the most of it then this resort is a tremendous experience. My wife and I are already booked for round 5 in February and our 2nd anniversary, and we're looking forward to seeing all our great friends again :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Understand that we arrived at the property at the tail end of Sandy and the week of the presidiential election. Hence the resort was very quiet as were the others around us. This had some pluses and minuses. Seems that activities and services were cut back to accommodate the low occupancy and maybe hope for some cost savings in the long run.

The property location was great. At the end of the beach with the nicest sand and view however you can tell the property is in need of TLC or was missing a little bit of that extra that you would expect at an Adult resort. In short, the following.

- No towels in room at arrival. Called 3 times and eventually had to visit the desk to get the message across that we had travelled all morning and was waiting to shower still at 7pm
- Minibar in room was bleak. 2 pops and 2 beers. Sometimes you get bottled water. I've been to a Breezes once before about 8-10 years ago and we got a whole lot more then.
- Activities/entertainment were bleak in low occupancy. Seems as soon as the excitement was just starting, the entertainment closed up and went home. ie. Showtime, Piano bar etc...
- Our room was good but bathroom a little left to be desired. The jacuzzi tub had been caulked to death and caulking full of mold as some of the tiles. The shower hear rusty.
- Although not the hotel's responsibility, we did a Best of Jamaica tour where we were to be on a catamaran but was on a fishing boat, was to eat at a buffet but got table served and was to go snorkling however cut short as me, a friend and another got stung more than 3 times each by jelly fish. Man, how painful. On the plus side, friend got good medical attention at resort.

The positive, friendly staff, food was good although Japanese extremely salty. We liked that we weren't over crowded or in a monster of a place and felt more intimate. Hopefully Breezes can step it up again to what I remember but will not likely be back to the brand or location for a while. Too much else to discover out there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our trip to Breezes was scheduled for the day the hurricane Sandy hit. The hotel was more than easy to work with. They rescheduled our reservation so we wouldn't get there until after the storm crossed the island and extended our time an additional day. Every staff member we met was upbeat, cheerful, and professional when we would meet them. Just to mention a few; Leroy, a grounds keeper was always friendly. Sherice, who kept the drinks flowing at the beach bar. Dane, in La Pasta for taking ownership and providing the kind of service you expect. Doshane, always at the breakfast buffet with a smile.

We found the food to be excellent in taste, flavor and presentation. The beach party and gala events were outstanding. There was a steel drum band that was the highlight of the entertainment. The bars were fully stocked with top shelf brands and the drinks were generous.

The room was adequate, cleaned daily, and the refrigerator was restocked with drinks we asked for. There was plenty of hot water and the power never was off.

The beaches were being cleaned of the seaweed that had washed up as a result of the storm and our impression was that management brought in additional help to get things done as quickly as possible. The pools and hot tub were tested and cleaned every day.

Recommending this hotel is easy. This was our second trip and we’ll certainly return.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at Breezes Grand Negril Oct. 25-Nov. 4. Because we were scheduled to arrive at Breezes on Oct. 24, the day Hurricane Sandy hit Jamaica, we needed to move our reservation back a day, and the Breezes reservations desk was more than cooperative in helping us do that. This was our second stay at this resort, and we enjoyed it every bit as much as our first visit. The rooms are somewhat dated, but very clean. We had no interruption of power or hot water during our stay. Our in-room refrigerator was stocked daily. Maid service was perfect. Air conditioning was cool and unfailing.

The beach was beautiful! Bloody Bay is a long stretch of fine sand and gorgeous blue water. There are more than enough loungers on the Breezes beach with shade provided by palm trees. The loungers have thick pads that really make your day on the beach more comfortable. Towels are available at the Sports Center or at the c/o pool. The guys at the Sports Center will take you for a ride on one of their Hobie Cats. Lots of other activities available too, i.e. glass bottom boat, snorkeling, scuba, jet skis, and parasailing. (Not all of these are free, but are available.) A few days after we arrived, the beach was besieged by loads of seaweed from the hurricane. Breezes was on the job with bulldozers working, even at night, as well as manual laborers scooping up the seaweed. They were doing everything possible to keep it under control. Our beach looked much better and more inviting than the other resorts on Bloody Bay. Within a few days, things were back to normal.

Food/Entertainment: Lots to choose from at breakfast. There were two omelet stations as well as made-to-order waffles. Fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads, pastries, potatoes, sausage, bacon, French toast, etc. Service was efficient and friendly. A special thanks to Doshane for his friendly smile and attentive service. The lunch buffet was very good as well. Quite a variety…and there was a pasta chef as well as someone making made-to-order wraps. The Gala and Beach Party nights were fun. So much food and a great variety! The night they had the beach party, the entertainment was the Island Steel Drummers, and they were excellent! Very talented and entertaining. Our favorite restaurant was and is still La Pasta. Delicious Italian food. Dane was there on our first stay at Breezes, and we were happy to see him still there, friendly, courteous and accommodating. The Japanese restaurant was fun too, and the food was very good. We were happy to be able to get some of those delicious lamb chops at the Reggae Café this year…don’t think they were available at this restaurant on our last visit. It’s a great place to sit outdoors and enjoy a casual meal and drinks. At the Grand Café, the menu was different every night, and we enjoyed our meals the two nights we ate there. Special thanks to Sherice and Derrick at the c/o bar and grill. It was good to see their familiar faces when we returned. They do such a superb job, and always with a friendly smile. Of course, our thanks to Gloria and the other security guards as well as Leroy and the other groundskeepers. Everyone was friendly and offered their assistance.

It was a pleasure to spend some time at this resort. We are planning yet another stay here in the very near future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I got married at Breezes Grand Negril and I must say it was amazing. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, I felt fantastic there. Everyone was so wonderful. The staff did everything to make my time there and my wedding as beautiful as can be. Tannif, the wedding coordinator, did not miss a beat. She was with me from the very start to the finish. She did everyting to make my day wonderful. After our wedding, we were getting compliments from other guest about how beautiful our wedding was. I have to thank Breezes for that. The entire time we were there, we enjoyed their wonderful water sports, excellent foods and amazing drinks. I cannot wait to return. I've been telling everyone I know back home about our wonderful trip. =)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I will be heading back to Breezes Grand in Negril the week of Dec 10, 2012. I can't wait. This will be my 4th time. I love this place. It is like going home! The staff are great and the food is wonderful. The spa amazing. I usually travel with my sister but we went to Italy this year so I decided I would take my husband to this great resort. He will be 50 on the 12th.

Can't wait

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Westbrook, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Breezes Grand Oct 23-Nov1st for our honeymoon. We arrived at the resort by 2:00 and check in was quick and easy. Staff were already preparing the resort for Hurricane Sandy. The staff did a great job keeping guests updated on the progress of the storm. After the storm passed the staff did an excellent job of keeping the grounds clean of leaves, seaweed, etc. The water sports were not offered during our stay because of the aftermath of the storm. While we were looking forward to snorkeling, kayaking, etc., we had a great time and have a high level of respect for the staff's decision to restrict these activities. Better to play it safe.

Our stay was unexpectedly extended when Hurricane Sandy hit New York, and our flights home were cancelled. Renae at the concierge desk was amazing as we tried to contact the airline and make arrangements to get home. At one point, she gave me her cellphone to make calls from since the numbers I had were not working through the land line. I sat at her desk for 2 hours (on hold with the airline), and she never seemed to mind. Because JFK was closed, our flights were rescheduled for 2 days later. The resort offered us a discounted rate for these additional 2 nights. When our rescheduled flights were cancelled, Renae again came to the rescue. This woman should be sainted for all the help she gave us while laughing and making us feel right at home.

The bar staff were friendly, and remembered what we were drinking. We never had any trouble with asking for extra towels, bottled waters or bottles of red stripe in our fridge. We left a note out when we needed something extra and it was always there when we returned. Some have complained of bugs in the room. We had the occasional bug in our room, but this was never a problem. We made sure to rinse out glasses and not leave food around in the room.

Overall it was a great relaxing trip. If you need anything while you are there just ask Renae and she will take care of you.

Room Tip: room 2049 has an amazing shower with 8 shower heads instead of the jacuzzi tub.
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Lido Negril? Share your experiences!