“Best Vacation Husband and I took!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hedonism II

You added Hedonism II to your Saves list
Hedonism II
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Boulevard | PO Box 25, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly SuperClubs Hedonism II)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 88 Hotels in Negril
“Best Vacation Husband and I took!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed on the Nude side having never experienced an all inclusive and let alone a nude inclusive, the food was top notch and fresh fruits and vegetables and variety of meals to choose from. The entertainment was outstanding and the staff friendly and helpful and went so far to recall your name and the drink you liked at the many open bars! We loved the nude side and am going back! The beach / sand is breathtaking and watched two weddings and got massages by the water, which were top notch, we recommend the catamaran ride to the pirate caves, skip Rick's Cafe, not worth it. They had champagne and strawberries as my birthday was during the trip without having to request it!! 5 star all the way for fun and adventurous and making friends. We went with Rachel Rascals Week, which is November and May!!!

Room Tip: I would choose the premium ocean Nude side as they were newly upgraded.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just got back from visiting Hedo 2 for the third time in a year and a half as my boyfriend had been going there since the 80s, hadn't gone for awhile, but heard it had improved-- and according to him, a Hedo OG, it did. When people ask about it, I just say I'm gonna be naked with a big hat, a pina colada, some jerk chicken and some 'locally grown organic produce'--- what could be better than that? Basically camp for adults. It's even set up somewhat like a summer camp with the dining hall, pool area, tennis area and the like... So, as some of the other reviewers have said, there are improvements that have been made each time I've visited such as the free WiFi zone, a coffee bar, wine bar (which I have to admit, I didn't try as the house coffee and wine are fine, but good to know they're there). There are also some funny moments like a weird 'casino' with ancient machines that no one uses. I am a foodie and I feel the food, although not 'gourmet' is very fresh and I especially like some of the local produce such as white sweet potatoes, roasted Jamaican pumpkin and of course the requisite fruit like papaya -- even their oranges and bananas taste better than the ones here in the US-- I'm thinking most likely b/c they're not factory farmed. The Benihana style Japanese restaurant is the bargain basement version of the one my dad used to take us to when I was a teenager in 1978. It was good to hear that they're renovating it. I also haven't tried the other restaurant 'Pastafarian' but I think only because I eat a lot of pasta at home and there are always plenty of good choices at the buffet. One negative thing that happened is that when we arrived last week, the Friday evening before Memorial Day, the hotel was booked to 101% capacity and the room we were assigned had an air conditioner controlled with a simple 'on/off' light switch. Being that the hotel was packed, there was no way to switch rooms. Our room was as cold as a meat freezer and we couldn't control the temperature. My boyfriend and I told someone about it and they tried fixing it that night but ended up breaking it to the point where we couldn't even turn it off!! I asked the desk for an additional comforter, but only got a potato chip thin blanket. The next day, Charlene, (I think she's in charge of operations/customer service)who remembered us from last time, walked past us on the beach and asked if everything was okay. We told her about the a/c lack of thermostat and that we hadn't gotten the extra comforter--- well, by the time that evening rolled around, there was an adjustable thermostat on our a/c and we had the 2 comforters that we'd requested. If not for her, I think we would've been very uncomfortable. She really went out of her way to make sure we were happy. Jermaine was with her that day and we became fast friends, stopping to chat about fashion each time we bumped into each other. The décor and rooms at Hedo are very circa late 1970s or 80s, but at least they have flat screen tvs now. You don't go here for upscale anything, but it will certainly be fun.
I like swimming or floating on the blue 'floaties' in the beach area which is wonderfully flat -- like a swimming pool, unlike many Caribbean destinations where you fantasize about going in the water and then the surf is too rough to actually swim in. Make sure you have water shoes as I had to find out the hard way during my first visit that there are sea urchins in the water. I stepped on one during that first visit and had to have the nurse pull the spines out of my foot with a special tool. She said I was lucky that I hadn't been allergic as my foot would have puffed up beyond recognition and I'd need a doctor and some medicine for which there would've been a charge. Honestly, I think this should be made clear at the front desk when you sign in as even though now there is a sign (which there wasn't the time I stepped on one), it's easy to overlook or not take seriously. Honorable mentions include Windira in the dining area who we met the first time we were there and always greets us as old friends and helps us with whatever we need there and my boyfriend and I love Austin, the omelette guy-- a great attitude all morning, every morning, and doesn't make bad eggs. This time he told us 'I didn't find the eggs, the eggs found me'. There is music and dancing every night. The performers, both male and female, are all gorgeous and super talented. Everyone from the bartenders, waitstaff, towel people, housekeepers are some of the nicest people I've every met. Even though I gave Hedo 4 stars, I give their staff 5!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at this location during Memorial Day weekend. There were several groups there including Mocha Fest and Stimulation Overload. This turned the resort into an all day party. Most of their activities were on the clothing optional side of the resort so I did not get too familiar with the nude side. The main pool is pretty large with an awesome water slide and can be turned into the nude pool anytime you'd like. We stayed on the prude side but it was not too far from the main pool, beach, or restaurants. Everything is centrally located. Do not go here expecting luxury or to be pampered. That is not what this resort is for. I always felt comfortable and everyone was respectful. The rooms are sufficient, the food is great, but the drinks just never seem to quite get you "there". The entertainment staff is very friendly, especially Ashiel. She's hilarious!

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We are old Heodites. We have been going to Hedo once or twice a year for the past 15 yrs. We have lots of love and memories at Hedo!!! We were there two yrs.ago during the buy-out. We stayed at Sandals butler suite one week then Negril Hedo for a week. The resort had gotten very run down, but while we were there the buy out was made and we were so glad that Hedo would be saved. We went to Mexico for the next two years to give Hedo some time for re-structure and we were so amazed at all of the wonderful improvements that we saw when we went back this year. The wine bar is an amazing improvement and adds a lot of class. All of the improvements are going so well. We were very impressed. We always travel with groups and bring new friends. We love the staff and always bring gifts and tip well. We always participate in the theme nights (I bring three trunks of clothes) and try to be the ultimate guests. However, after six nights, we were having a great night at the piano bar ( which Dion and his lovely lady who always do such an amazing job) we went to the nude beach for a mid night snack before going to the disco and ordered a pizza. There is no other food available except at the nude beach at night. Samuel made us a special pizza and we were going into enjoy it under the stars and celebrate our 15th Ann. When all of a sudden Shantel the security guard came up to me while I was sitting at the picnic table and started to shout at me in front of everyone that I needed to be totally naked to be eating at the beach. I said that I was topless and that there were other people who were fully clothed encluding my husband who were eating and that I did not understand what she wanted. She was joined by another security guard named Connrad who started shouting at me as well, in front of other guests, and demanded that I had to " take every stitch of clothing off" to remain. I asked why no one else had to and said that it was My understanding that women can have bottoms on at the nude beach. Again, she demanded the I must "take every stitch of clothing off". I simply asked for their names and asked to speak to a manager. I went to the lobby and talked to the night manger,Raymond, who apologized and said that he would take care of it. When I got back to our room my husband told me that after I left the beach other women got their food and sat down to eat fully clothed. He asked Conrad why these women were allowed to eat with their clothes on while "you attacked my wife." He was told, " you need to get your wife under control and don't tell me how to do my job. " I could not believe that myself and my husband were being treated like this. I went back to the lobby to tell Raymond, buy Conrad was there and he started to scream at me. He said " were you there? Did you see it?? It was not me. I told him that obviously I was not there, I was in the lobby talking to Raymond, but that was what my husband had told me. I suggested that we go and talk to my husband. While we were walking back through the lobby some locals that had been on the beach stopped us and said, we were there and "you totally disrespected this woman". They said that "you did not even give her a chance to comply. You just kept berating her". I thanked them for standing up for me and went on while Raymond and Conrad kept arguing with them and asking why they had a right to be there. While walking back, a group of our friends that we had brought with us asked what was going on, and I told them that I was scolded for nor being naked enough on the beach, although I was totally topless and had more clothes on than anyone else. Raymond and Conrad followed me shouting for me to stop. I told them that I would not talk to them unless my friends were there so we went back over to my table of friends who said that they had eaten on the nude beach every night with clothes on and have never had a problem. Raymond told them that after 2.AM it is ok but that I was there at 1:45. I left and went back to my room. Before going to bed, I went back to the nude beach fullly clothed to get ice and found people eating with clothes on at the bar. The next day I went to speak to management. They were very apologetic about the incident. They were astounded to hear about the so called rules on the beach and when we got home we received another apology and a certificate for a free night. I do appreciate the concern for this matter, but I am totally flabbergasted to have been treated in this manner. Especially since we are loyal returning guests. I still do not know why I was singled out and publicly humiliated for not being nude enough while every other people around me were fully clothed. I am 61 years old and have never felt so humiliated and unjustly attacked in my life life. I cannot imagine going back without constantly having to look over my shoulder for Shantal and Conrad to attack me again. I suggest that if Hedo has rules that they are going to enforce so stirckly, that they need to inform guests upon arrival so that they will not be embarrassed. I think that the security staff at Hedo have a sense of entitlement that comes off as very intimidating and that they could benefit with classes on customer relations. It would cost the resort very little and make a hugh difference in their future success. We love Hedo and truly hope that they get the kinks worked out so that possibly we can conceive of going back again sometime in the future.

Ft Myers, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I booked here hoping it would be like the photos and website. FAR from it. Beware. Of course unless you are older (not in best shape) nudist. This is a resort for nudists. Which is fine but the it should be portrayed as that on the website and elsewhere. Was the longest week ever! Food was basic and could survive. Place is terribly old and needs a ton of renovations and money to be put into it. The "upgraded" room that I paid a lot extra for was a complete joke. Air conditioner barely worked. Cracked tiles and old furniture. Was very disappointed. Beach and water is not nice here. Walk to sandals resort next door and it was amazing. That goodness Mocha Fest goers came a couple days before we left. They brought some light and fu to the old place. Will never need to go back here. I have photos but I can't post them. LOL

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was our 12th trip to Hedo and I would say our best trip so far. The resort itself is undergoing some major improvements. The new court yard is fantastic, loved hanging out there after supper. The food was excellent, service was excellent!

I really can't say enough about the staff, they have to be the best in the business. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful. The bartenders, housekeeping, grounds maintenance, watersports, everyone is fantastic.

The food was much improved this trip, not that it has ever been bad, just a little extra this time. Top shelf liquor, and you don't have to ask for it. If you order Crown the first time, the bartender gives you Crown the next time. They are not skimpy on the liquor.

Everything Hedo does is to make your stay the best possible experience. I highly recommend it. Since coming under new ownership the improvement in the whole resort is amazing. Looking forward to next year and trip No. 13, sure to be an epic adventure.

Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is a great place for couples to vacation. Good food, beautiful sandy beach and a lot of fun people. If you enjoy clothing optional then this is the resort to stay. Planning a return trip in January 2016.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hedonism II? Share your experiences!