“Unbelievably fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hedonism II

You added Hedonism II to your Saves list
Hedonism II
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Boulevard | PO Box 25, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly SuperClubs Hedonism II)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
30% off Thanksgiving Sale
Ranked #36 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
“Unbelievably fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I’m almost inclined to call this the new Hedo but that would not be accurate. Since the new owners took over a couple years ago the improvements have been exceptional. The new courtyard is beautiful and functional and the facilities continue to be expanded and improved. There is a limit to how much can be done to the rooms but some have been completely renovated into luxury rooms with some nice extra benefits. The others have been fixed up and are quite functional. But by far the most significant improvement is the quality of the staff. They can be rightly considered the best staff in the Caribbean. Everyone goes out of their way to be friendly and provide the best service possible. The influence of excellent management involvement is evident. I even experienced one of the managers coming to the beach to specifically ask each guest if everything was OK in their rooms. It was. I have been to most of the nude resorts in Mexico several times and, in contrast to its Mexico competition which constantly and aggressively pressure for tips, the Hedo staff never showed any hint of bucking for a tip. Whatever management is doing, it works. I never experience any poor service anywhere in the resort. Again in sharp contrast to Mexico where no tipping frequently meant rude, slow and sloppy service. The best food is at Martino’s restaurant but the Friday Chef’s extravaganza with grilled lobster tails is fantastic. The Japanese themed Harry san restaurant has entertaining chefs that cook great food and provide a fun evening. However, I won’t call this a new Hedo because the guests are the same fun loving and friendly people that have made this resort the most comfortable and happy place anywhere. There are a couple of great nude cruises that are a lot of fun and a ‘pub crawl’ that is unique and memorable. The piano bar is as great as ever and the disco is improved with a more reasonable volume level and better music and lighting. One night there was a bubble foam event in the disco that was unlike anything I ever experienced and more fun than you can imagine. It is supposed to become a weekly event. Towels, beach chairs and umbrellas were plentiful and never a problem.
Overall, Hedo is better than ever and is by far the best place to go to really enjoy a special vacation.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are the best value because you don't spend much time in them anyway but if you...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Glendon, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've just spent a week at hedonism 2 and I must say it is hard to leave. The people where friendly the service and entertainment where fantastic and the beach was like a dream. The greatest part is the people who come here they are all so friendly and approachable. You meet all types of people from all walks of life and they all mingle perfectly. I'm leaving this place with knowledge I will be back and everyone I've become friends with here says they will come back as well.

Room Tip: I wish I hadn't been cheap on the room I would have loved to see the sunset from a jacuzzi on m...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My hubby and I just returned earlier this week from our 3rd trip to Hedo II, this being our first time going for 10 days. The other times were a week and that just wasn't long enough. 10 days was perfect. When we came out of Sangster Airport and took a deep breath, it smelled like home.

The staff at Hedo II are top notch, from reception to porters to the entertainment staff, even the groundskeepers, and every single person greets you with a smile even if they've seen you 20 times already that day!! Last year my hubby and I renewed our wedding vows on the beach, so this year was our "1" year anniversary. Lorna was so helpful in arranging our wedding that I'm sure it wouldn't have been quite so beautiful without her assistance. When we ran into Lorna our first day there this year, she gave us both huge hugs and each time she saw us after that she made sure to ask if we were having a good time and if there was anything she could help us with. I also want to thank Siquo, one of the waiters at Martino's for making us a special desert plate to celebrate our anniversary dinner (he remembered us from our wedding dinner last year). Special shout-outs also go out to Ricardo (hubby owes you a re-match at the pool table next year), Delroy & Augustus who both work so hard every day to make sure the Prude side beach is beautiful, Austin at the omelet bar who never failed to greet us with a smile every morning , Julian in Watersports who always made sure we were having a good time at the main pool, Tista at the main bar who likes to shake his booty while fixing up some amazing cocktails, the captain and crew of the Booze Cruise who made sure the spirits were flowing nicely and the party kept going until we docked again. Damn that was fun!! Even the security guys were very nice and one of them made sure to have some bread on hand so we could feed the fishes when he saw us make our way over to the pier each night. That's pretty cool to see and we even saw a few sting rays. The ladies at the spa who gave us such wonderful massages to pamper us for our anniversary. And to everyone else who makes Hedo II such a special place to be, sorry I can't recall all the names but know that you guys are what keep bringing us back every year. You also make it more difficult to leave every time lol.

The past 2 years we have been there during "BLOOM" week, and let me tell you, those boys can party!! There seemed to be a bigger group of them this year than last, but they are so much fun to be around. It seemed way too quiet after they left lol.

I was surprised by the number of Canadians (mainly Ontarians) there this year. I was very proud to hear several people comment on how nice and polite we are :)

I have just a couple of minor complaints. The dancers are absolutely fabulous and I could watch them perform for hours, but I find Winston/Winstina to be so way overdramatic that I can't stomach sitting through his show (sorry). Owanna on the other hand has a beautiful voice and I loved hearing her sing. She sat with us one afternoon at the hammocks and was explaining some of the fruits Jamaica has and how they differ from ours, thank you for that, it was quite interesting.

The bed in our room was way too hard and killed my hips every night causing me to toss and turn.

And the last negative is about the fridge. We paid when we checked in to have it stocked at a cost of US$15/day so $150 for the 10 days. The first day was a waste of money as by the time they filled it we were ready to call it a night after travelling all day, the second to last day nobody came by to stock it, and then the last day we had to be checked out by 10 a.m. Next year we will arrange to have it stocked for the 8 days in between and forget the first and last days. The plus is that they supplied us with bottles of Grey Goose Vodka, Appleton Rum and champagne as well as the usual Red Stripe, water, soda and juice.

Sorry this review is so long but I wanted to make sure I got it all in because I didn't review last year. Thanks everyone. Can't wait to see you again next December!

Room Tip: If you stay on the prude side ask for a room away from the disco as it can get quite noisy until 3 a...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I booked a premium nude ocean view jacuzzi suite. The room it's self was standard but considering the amazing view from the patio jacuzzi, we didn't mind. The main dinning hall is a bit dated but the Buffet was excellent and had something to offer everyone. Both restaurants, Asian and Italian, had a nice atmosphere and a decent menu selection. The bartending services were ample and I highly suggest the rum piña colodas. What really stands out at this resort is the staff. We were met upon arrival by our personal concierge Damien Allen who went above and beyond our entire vacation to ensure that we had a wonderful stay. He is definitely an asset to this resort and I will return to Hedonism II based on his exceptional professionalism and diligence to customer service. All of the staff and entertainers were outstanding and worked relentlessly to provide quality service and entertainment. This resort is a fun and alternative vacation spot to standard, run of the mill, stuffy resorts.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a premium nude ocean view jacuzzi suite. The view, not to mention the patio...
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

if he change 1 terms will be good place if let people feel comfortable not to force him to be naked staff its very nice but almost people complain or they don't want back because you don't enjoy if you keep your close,, all the party in naked side and you need to be naked to enjoy it or you can stay in other side and its soooo quiet we are 6 couple we decide to go desire you don't feel any pressure ....don't loose your money in hedo if you curious

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Since new ownership it is obvious that they are serious about bringing changes and necessary improvements Buffet is great . The Japanese restaurant is good eating and good entertainment all in one Italian is a little more quieter and elegant Grounds are lovely and well kept Stay on the prude side and relax on the nude side . If you wish quiet stay nude on the prude side The vast majority of the clients are nude at the beach and pool anyway Enjoy they are really nice

Room Tip: Rooms in the 1600 block are quieter Beachfront rooms have a hot tub just outside the door Ask for t...
Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from eight days at Hedo 2 and were ready to go back. All the staff were great and Lorna made our stay even better with her help at check in. Improvements to resort continue and the food was excellent. Already trying to plan our spring 2015 trip. We took TimAir from Montego Bay to Negril. Wasn't as smooth as past trips as we waited over an hour for another couple to fly with us. Took Rocky's Taxi back to the airport which was way better than the group bus. I think the drivers name was Wayne. All the bar tenders at the pool bar were great and it was good to see Ricky again. Edwardo was in the disco bar most nights and he was at his best even if we were the only couple in there. We had an issue with the air conditioner one night but the resort took care of it. We have 2-free night from the stay 14 get 3 free that we are not going to be able to use. Getting late in the year to fit in one more trip. Can't wait to go back to our second home in Jamaica.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hedonism II? Share your experiences!