Our last visit to Hedo was in late June 2011. This review will focus mostly on the changes between then and now.
The entertainment was over the top. They must have recruited a whole crew of new performers. We were very impressed by their choreography every single night. They did an amazing job each and every day. Can't say enough about them.
The food was fine for me, but the wife still isn't impressed. She continues to expect a higher quality food selection than what they offer. However, we can both say they are making improvements step-by-step. Ricardo was a great entraining chef at the Japanese restaurant and Austin was always very nice to talk to each morning at the omelette bar. His omelets are great!
The rooms are a toss up. The newly remodeled ones look cool, but we booked on the cheap side and didn't get a new room. Our room was the same outdated 80's look as last time. I'm excited to return some day after all the renovations are done though. I'm looking forward to the modern look of the redesigned rooms. We peeked in on a display room and it looked sweet. We never had any problems except the one night the power went out briefly. My wife complained the A/C was making the room too hot and I thought it was making the room too cold. Can't fault the resort of that!
Finally, we will give props to Lorna. She helped us arrange for a vow renewal right on the beach to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. She was extremely helpful by taking pictures for us throughout the entire ceremony and even during the mini-reception in the piano bar. My wife and I were blown away by her sincerity and attention to detail. She really made it special for us.
- Also Known As:
- Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Hedonism Ii Hotel Negril
- Hedonism Jamaica
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Negril
- Hedonism 2
- Hedonism Resort
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Jamaica Hedonism 2
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hedonism II, a legendary resort! Here you have a real life garden of Eden where the only thing you have to worry about is your drink of the day. Cascading plunge pools, waterslide, beachfront pools with in-water pool tables, swim-up bars, jungle bridge taking you from the main hotel straight to the beachfront, glass bottom boats, snorkeling, scuba-diving, kayaking, every non-motorized water sport you could imagine, pool watching from the disco, all glass walls, gaming lounge, rock climbing wall, air-conditioned fitness center, Sauna and Steam room. You won't confuse it with Kansas. A lush garden of pure pleasure. For singles & couples 18 yrs & over who are ready for a party. If your wondering....just come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hedonism II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.