Bear in mind that this review is about the resort and not the people there.
Rooms are outdated but functional, however bathrooms are so small there is no way to be two in there at once. Hot water was a luxury and the shower system itself is a nightmare (complicated with multiple (sandblast) jets that go off (with cold water) when trying to adjest the main shower head). The food at the main buffet is horrible with little choice or variety; on Jamaican night (monday) book at another restaurant or plan to diet. The Japanese and Italian restaurants were much better. The prude beach grill was very good and by far the friendliest,
Just too often they were out of beach towels, and they allow folks to reserve chairs indefinately, which were in short supply on the nude beach. The chairs themselves are also old (stretched) and uncomfortable. There were also insufficient bartenders at the nude pool so you waited forever. Security was very lax and was letting folks with clothes on the nude side, including single males which was inappropriate. There were also issues with single males anoying couples in the hot tub at night with no security in sight.
Entertainment was better than most places, especially in the piano bar. The theme night formula is outdated as there was very little participation (only about 10% actually dress up for the theme nights while we were there - but that increased by the end of the week with a large takeover group coming in). Most folks simply get anoyed of being pushed by staff to parade on stage for a few useless "hedo bucks" and be patronized by staff with an attitude - Toya what an anoying b.... Don't get me wrong, we enjoy and participated in all theme nights, but without greater participation.... they need to do more to encourage folks.
The staff was great which is why I am not rating this as terrible and kept the place very clean. Especially Augustus that works non stop to keep the beach clean and and to ensure the guests are well taken care of - thanks. Safety deposit box kept giving an error and maintenance came and fixed it immeadiately.
Bottom line, old, run down, bad food, great staff (other than security).... but most of all, the people and vibe is just too much to keep us away and we are already planning our return.
- Also Known As:
- Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Hedonism Ii Hotel Negril
- Hedonism Jamaica
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Negril
- Hedonism 2
- Hedonism Resort
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Jamaica Hedonism 2
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hedonism II, a legendary resort! Here you have a real life garden of Eden where the only thing you have to worry about is your drink of the day. Cascading plunge pools, waterslide, beachfront pools with in-water pool tables, swim-up bars, jungle bridge taking you from the main hotel straight to the beachfront, glass bottom boats, snorkeling, scuba-diving, kayaking, every non-motorized water sport you could imagine, pool watching from the disco, all glass walls, gaming lounge, rock climbing wall, air-conditioned fitness center, Sauna and Steam room. You won't confuse it with Kansas. A lush garden of pure pleasure. For singles & couples 18 yrs & over who are ready for a party. If your wondering....just come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HostelWorld, Tingo, Otel, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hedonism II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.