We went as a couple at the end of September. Having never been to this or any similar type of resort, we knew we were taking a risk but figured we'd be brave and give it a try. This ended up being the most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. The staff was excellent - everyone was friendly and helpful, and the entertainment staff was great and really made an effort to involve guests in activities. My husband's birthday fell on our third day there; I had put a 'happy birthday' sign on our door as part of a few decorations I brought for our room, and a random member of the groundskeeping crew knocked on our door with a beautiful bouquet of flowers had had put together himself. When we returned to our room in the afternoon we found a chilled bottle of champagne and a birthday cake - I did not request any of this, we simply listed his birthdate on the form that all guests fill out upon arrival. We got used to the nudity thing pretty quickly, it's true what we read that you see people of all shapes and sizes so it's easy to feel comfortable. We did see some public sexual activity, during the day it wasn't overt but in the evenings at the hot tub it was more open. Most of the guests were very friendly, having been to the resort many times prior; we did meet another couple who invited us to join them for adult activity, but we politely declined and continued to have normal conversation. What we couldn't get over was just how relaxed the atmosphere was - you basically just did what you wanted. We enjoy snorkeling and simply had to show up at the dock to hop on a boat and were taken to a variety of snorkeling spots just minutes from the resort. The food was decent, nothing out of this world but there was so much of it that it was always easy to find something that worked. The only downside was our room, but we had researched in advance and were therefore not expecting anything great. It was certainly dated with some tacky furniture and old linens. Our bathroom door did not close all of the way. For 80% of the time we had hot water, the other 20% we had warm water. Our AC worked great and so did our TV. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job, our room was spotless each day with fresh towels and flowers on the bed. Our room was a Jacuzzi garden suite on the nude side - we really loved having a private Jacuzzi on our small terrace and were pleased to see that it was drained, cleaned, and refilled about every other day during our stay.
We are not swingers but did enjoy the option of sunbathing nude and having the public intimacy option if we so chose. The beach was beautiful and the people were friendly. We saw some crazy stuff here and there but weren't offended because we embraced the to-each-his-own vibe that was happening. For the most part we kept to ourselves and did our own thing and it was great - in fact, it brought us closer as a couple to go on this crazy adventure together. It was a really interesting and extremely laid back atmosphere; we remember our trip very fondly and we have no doubt that we will return.
- Also Known As:
- Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Hedonism Ii Hotel Negril
- Hedonism Jamaica
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Negril
- Hedonism 2
- Hedonism Resort
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Jamaica Hedonism 2
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hedonism II, a legendary resort! Here you have a real life garden of Eden where the only thing you have to worry about is your drink of the day. Cascading plunge pools, waterslide, beachfront pools with in-water pool tables, swim-up bars, jungle bridge taking you from the main hotel straight to the beachfront, glass bottom boats, snorkeling, scuba-diving, kayaking, every non-motorized water sport you could imagine, pool watching from the disco, all glass walls, gaming lounge, rock climbing wall, air-conditioned fitness center, Sauna and Steam room. You won't confuse it with Kansas. A lush garden of pure pleasure. For singles & couples 18 yrs & over who are ready for a party. If your wondering....just come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Hedonism II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.