It's been a week since we arrived back home, so I figure its time to write this. I planned our trip after checking out the list of groups that would be attending Hedo, and when. To my surprise, when I went to book Sept. 14 to 21st, it was available. What better time to go to a place like Hedo than during an Erotic Film Fest and the first one ever at that? We weren't disappointed. Hedo itself was exactly as I'd read about in other reviews. The other visitors are accepting and open minded. We even are facebook friends with some of them now. There is no pressure (my partner told me a few of the guys asked him if I was a swinger, but they didn't approach me ) and everyone really does do their own thing. The entertainment staff is awesome ( I now know why others spoke so highly of Winston...) and work very hard to make your stay memorable. We had no problem with our room (I actually won the stay through a radio station in Nova Scotia... thanks Energy 103.5!) which was on the prude side garden view. As well, housekeeping staff was awesome! Denise never failed to amaze us with her towel sculptures. Loved the painted rock idea and we have one we placed near our room so when we come back, we can get the new date painted on. There is a guy on the beach who does this for 30 to 40 dollars US, depending on the size of the rock and the detail of the painted design. The food was wonderful, and they have two specialty restaurants, one Italian and one Japanese, which you have to reserve in advance. One night, we had a suckling pig (my first) and another night was chinese food. As well, deserts were awesome and I continued to feed my chocolate addiction...They also had an ice creme machine. Breakfasts were full of choices with smoked salmon, croissants and champagne and OJ among my faves. I also really liked the Hedo bucks idea. Once I participated in the events the first time, I was hooked. Some of the staff couldn't remember my name so they would shout "Canada, get up here" and I was only too happy to oblige. On our last day, I traded in Hedo bucks for a tshirt.
I have to mention the Film Fest. again because I found the lectures on Tantra, sex toys and more added to our experience at Hedo, as did the nightly viewings of the movies nominated for awards.The people involved are top notch ( thanks Laurie Handlers, and Dr. Ava) and if you can go Sept. 2013 for year two of this event, it is well worth the wait.
Well, nothing is perfect, so here are a few minor criticisms, and suggestions. First of all, it would be nice if they offered you a drink when you arrived. The trip from the airport is a couple hours and this would be much appreciated. We did ask, while waiting to register, where the bar was and my boyfriend went to get us drinks. Also, since it wasn't offered, I asked if I could get our keys hole punched (I noticed someone else with this done and asked him about it), and for a lanyard. This is so much easier when you are on the nude side so as to not lose your key. In a week, I found two on the ground... (not ours). Make sure to drink a glass of water every second drink, and try to get what the repeat visitors call a Hedo nap....sometime between 4 and 7 pm, especially if you are over 40,lol... Bring lots of costumes ( there was naughty school girl night and pirate night among others when we were there). There is lots more I could say,but those are the most important things. Oh, and at 3pm daily there is a FREE glass bottom boat tour. There are others that go out deeper but we found this freebie fine, as we had no interest in scuba diving, just looking. So there you have it, have fun and remember, what goes on at Hedo, stays at hedo! Irie!
- Also Known As:
- Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Hedonism Ii Hotel Negril
- Hedonism Jamaica
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Negril
- Hedonism 2
- Hedonism Resort
- Superclubs Hedonism Ii Hotel
- Jamaica Hedonism 2
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hedonism II, a legendary resort! Here you have a real life garden of Eden where the only thing you have to worry about is your drink of the day. Cascading plunge pools, waterslide, beachfront pools with in-water pool tables, swim-up bars, jungle bridge taking you from the main hotel straight to the beachfront, glass bottom boats, snorkeling, scuba-diving, kayaking, every non-motorized water sport you could imagine, pool watching from the disco, all glass walls, gaming lounge, rock climbing wall, air-conditioned fitness center, Sauna and Steam room. You won't confuse it with Kansas. A lush garden of pure pleasure. For singles & couples 18 yrs & over who are ready for a party. If your wondering....just come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Hedonism II reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.