“Escape to Hedo II, you'll love it!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hedonism II

You added Hedonism II to your Saves list
Hedonism II
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Boulevard | PO Box 25, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly SuperClubs Hedonism II)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer & Fall Special
Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Oshawa, Canada
“Escape to Hedo II, you'll love it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I decided to go to Hedo II for our 20th Wedding Anniversary, and I was our 1st time at Hedo II. First of all thanks for the wonderful upgrade to an Oceanview room on the naturalist side without even asking for it and at no charge, that was really nice and very much appreciated!! We have been to Jamaica before and I love the island and the people, they are the friendliest, warmest people I have ever met. Negril is beautiful and Hedo II is the best resort we have ever stayed at. It is an experience that you have to allow yourself to live, even if just once. No other resort we have stayed at anywhere in the Caribbean is as laid back, relaxed, and as much FUN as Hedo II. Yes, the resort is 30 yrs old this year and it's not the fanciest but it is kept impeccably clean, rooms, diningroom, grounds, pools, beach as any 5 star resort than I've been to. Beds are comfortable, a/c worked almost too well, the beach is raked daily, pools sparkling (that's the nude pool), always coffee for the morning and drinks of any kind. Food was good at the buffet, lots of variety for fussy eaters like me and the Japanese was exceptional, Italian was very nice and food was really good too. The staff work non-stop to keep guests happy, if you want anything, just ask and they will get it without any problems. Hedo II was the 1st and only resort we have been to that truly caters to its guests, making our vacation the most relaxing and fun filled. You can skinny dip after dinner if you want, in the nude pool, that was a 1st in a very long time, enjoy the "show" at the infamous hot tub some nights. Remember these are all consenting adults just enjoying themselves and their partners and not hiding in their rooms, not vulgar or bad just having a good time in a place that lets you just be free. We are not swingers or lifestylers but that was fine too, nobody stops talking to you if you don't and no one pushes their views on you either. We met all sorts of good, fun loving, down to earth, non-judgemental people from all over the place, mostly US and Canada and had a few, ok lots, of drinks and laughs. We are already planning on going back next year, Hedo II is an experience, not just a vacation resort, that's why there are so many people that keep going back. Thanks Hedo II for the wonderful memories and I can't wait to go back, RESPECT!!

Room Tip: This resort is not huge, everything is within easy walking distance so room location really isn'...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

OK, if you go to Hedonism II with 'expectations', you just might be disappointed, but if you go with no expectations, chances are you will have the time of your life ! Your can certainly explore your limits at this resort !

The property is 30 years old this month, and while it has been pretty well maintained, there are still some issues (but not a lot compared to many years ago) with hot water, food variety and availability (no lettuce some days, no jerk chicken at the nude pool other days), clogged drains etc. but nothing that the responsive, willing and well meaning staff are not willing to help resolve (if they can). But value for your buck, we think Hedo II is great and we love it ! We've been 8 times over the past 15 years, and twice within the past year ! The staff makes us feel like family, are extremely helpful, and especially Sophia Haughton, at the Guest Relations desk in the reception area, wow, what a fabuluous job she does to ensure you have a wonderful Hedo experience !

Hedo listens to customer comments and feedback, because we've seen dramatic improvements over the years (except for the internet computers which are slow and always present availability challenges).

And we especially like the Watersports department and their professionalism (and fun) with the scuba diving operation. A big thank you to Derrick, Ritchie, Denton, Grantley and Noel for making our scuba experience a fantastic one.

The service staff in the dining room is so pleasant and responsive, special mention goes out to Darryl, Kimola, Angela Reid for their extra effort and smiles ! And we should always mention the fabulous bar service staff who keep cranking out those fabulous drinks with a smile every time; Scumba, Matta, Paulette, Sheldon and of course, Delroy, to name a few.

And then there's the hard working entertainment staff, who really go out of their way to make you feel like part of the Hedo family. What a show they put on for the 30th anniversary on November 1st ! We're talking real professionals here ! Unfortunately, we don't know all their names, exxcept of course the infamous 50, and Winston. Pianoman Leon and his sidekick Michael always keep the piano bar hopping with good dirty fun !

DJ Phillip does a great job in the disco. Many thanks to Hedo staff for 'listening' to our previous comments, and toning down the Disco's 'boom boom' and volume in the late hours to make the sleeping experience in the rooms nearby more pleasant and bearable.

The housekeeping staff has always been top notch in our opinion, Special thanks go out to Sheryl for an excellent job (room 1131). And congrats to Hedo staff for regulating the beach towel availability issues !

Throw in some outdoor hedonistic experiences around the property, and you will have a great time at Hedo II. Don't focus on the small stuff, and just let the experiences happen, participate a little, and you probably will be pleasantly surprised !

We are already booked for our next trip with the Fluffernutters group (Fluffernutters.com) Feb 24th ! Can't wait !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

To preface, we have been to Hedo 3 about four times, and Hedo 2 once 5 years ago. Since the closing of H3 we decided to try H2 once more, though we knew the accomodations were lacking, because we thought Halloween & the 30th anniversary would be really fun.

First Impressions:
In general getting to Negril is a pain. If you dont do the direct flight the shuttle can take FOREVER. Our plane landed @1:30, and it was 4:30 when we got to our room. Our room didn't have any functioning AC, just some floor fans. So we had to be moved to another room. Why would they even put guests in a room with no A/C when other rooms are open??
Rooms/Resort:
The facilities/rooms of the hotel are 30years old and very basic. Small bathrooms, crappy bed linens, mold, etc. Aesthetically the resort does not have a "wow" factor at all, just seems run-down all around. However the gym & spa are nice.
Service:
Yes, I understand Jamaicans are very impoverished and feel oppressed. But its quite depressing to be around workers that never smile and constantly have blatant looks of contempt/disdain towards you. The only "friendly" workers we encountered were:
1. Massage ladies trying to sell us massages
2. Security guards/watersports "chatting" us up for the sole purpose of trying to sell us drugs
3. Some of the Entertainment people that were possibly genuinely just saying hi/small talk
4. Maintenance/etc workers that would wait around the paths as I walked by to "Psssstttt" at me or make some kind of cat calls

Customer Service:
--we are generally pretty low maintenance guests but upon checking into a room with no working AC I called down to the front desk twice to ask to change rooms and both times was put on hold or hung up on, so we had to go back to the front desk to take care of it

--One night outside the disco our table of friends was joined by an angry single guy spewing obscenities about some woman in the disco that made him mad. I don't know if if was one of the prostitutes (ah yes, another charming hedo aspect) or one of the guests that most likely rejected him but he had been punching walls. He accused me of taking his cigarettes and was trying to start fights. His parting words involved how he was going to meet his contact in Negril to get a gun to shoot that person (being totally serious). I went to complain to the disco bartender that the guest was being violent and making threats but the bartender acted like it was no big deal. I did find out a that after more complaints a few hours later the guards were trying to kick him out. However I saw him again the next day drunk in the afternoon. Basically hedo safety and security (between the locals coming in/prostitutes/drug dealers/violent guests) left me not secure in walking around by myself, and I am a pretty independent traveller.

A note about drug salesmen:
Wow,they interrupted our vacation so many times and EVERYWHERE, we encountered them:
1. Asking if we want drugs while sitting in the superclubs lobby at the airport waiting for the shuttle
2. On the shuttle/mandatory rest stop
3. Outside the resort lobby (on our way across the street to breezes)
4. As soon as we walked past sandals the property line (while trying to take a nice beach walk)
**We also had hedo guards making catcalls at us while we were walking on the beach WITH OUR HUSBANDS two feet behind us (stay classy Jamaica)
5. On a fishing boat parked at Hedo, so every time we walked on the beach, walked on the dock to look @the fish we had him yelling@us, circling his boat around
6. A guy on a jetski coming up to us while we were paddleboarding for crap's sake!
7. A guard approaching us while we were trying to have some nice quiet time wading around the ocean @sunset..(he was getting persistent and annoying he basically ran us off the beach!)

Day entertainment:
--Very Important: If you are not willing to take off everything and hang out at the nude side, there is NOTHING else to do during the day here--unless you like the idea of hanging out at completely empty pools/beach (prude side). There are no activities on the prude side. If you have your period and have your bottoms on the nude side, be prepared to feel like you are doing something wrong.
--Hedonism attracts an older crowd, nothing wrong with this if you are in this category but younger couples seem to feel out of place. The website ads are so far from the truth, yes there there some decent looking fit middle age couples but for the most part its a 50+ crowd. And yes everyone is beautiful in their own way but its a lot of unattractive naked people to take in--clothes can be a good thing.

Nightime entertainment:

--Setup is terrible for socializing/meeting people at night. The dining room doubles as the theater for shows. The shows/music goes on FOREVER....from 7:30 to almost 11:00! During this time most everyone is just sitting at their tables. Some people hang around behind the stage to smoke, around the bar, but there are NO bar stools so its not very comfortable. There is no where else open to escape as the piano bar doesnt open till 10:30.

--FInally when the shows are over people head to the piano bar. By the time the disco gets going most guests are tired and go to bed or the hottub--so the disco isn't very fun anymore.

--There were also a lot of single guys hanging around the disco and hot tub late at night so it was creepy. Particularly the hot tub, you couldn't get in there as a couple without a half dozen naked single guys swarming around you.

Hedo Loyalists:
These are the people that have been going to this place for years. (BTW: we've gone 6 times over the past 7 years) THey are generally the older crowd and they LOOOVE this place and rave about how fun it is and are fiercely defensive about any criticism. Well these loyalists are letting superclubs know with their repeat business that its ok to keep charging premium rates for subpar service and facilities--not cool!
Well, I understand everyone comes to hedo for the nude party atmosphere, and there arent alot of other places to do this--but to sacrifice service, rooms, food, etc--just to party naked doesn't make sense to me. And yes there ARE alternatives to hedo, just do a search on lifestyle travel for other resorts/cruises/hotel takeovers etc. This place no longer gets any of our money (Nor does Jamaica in general)--Fool me once....shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This was our 12th trip to Hedonism II. People ask why we return to Hedonism every year and I am about to tell you So many reasons why you need to Vacation there Yourself.We had a smooth shuttle ride to Negril (about 1 1/2 hours from the Montego Bay airport).We were processed immediately and taken to our room.Our safe did not work so they sent Howard and he had it fixed in under five minutes,My cell phone for some reason would not make outgoing calls or texts and I needed to call my Mother in the States whom is in her 80's.A wonderful employee named Navlette( I hope I spelled it correctly) reached into her pocket,pulled out her personal cell phone, and told me to call my Mother and not to rush my conversation.She also refused any compensation for the call.Within minutes a complimentary bottle of champagne in a bucket full of ice and two glasses were delivered to our room as a gift for our birthdays.Thank you Hedonism, a very nice gesture and extremely thoughtful.

The next evening was my husband's birthday and a wonderful, young woman on the wait staff heard me talking about it and asked me if I would like a table decorated.She asked me to specify which table and my husband's name.She also informed us that she did not work that day , but she would be sure that it was taken care of correctly.When we arrived in the dinning room to eat the Buffet (we think it is wonderful) our table was decorated with flowers and Happy Birthday was written out in Jamaican flowers(see attached pictures). The night time dinning room manager pulled me aside and asked if he could send over yet another bottle of champagne on ice and even came back himself to open it and pour our first glasses.Thank you again Hedonism, a most welcomed and extremely thoughtful group of things you did to make my husband's Birthday special.Winston( an original Hedonism Entertainer) had just arrived back in Jamaica and took the time to come and speak to us even though he was not scheduled to work.He took his personal time off to come and wish us well and then hurried off to rehearsals for the upcoming shows.Keep in mind this was after 9 pm. Thank you,Winston. I am proud to call you my friend.
We had one Hurricane and a Tropical storm that just skirted around Jamaica and brought some waves,but we had sunny, beautiful weather with a light breeze and afternoon showers.Augustus,Noel,Karl,"Big Boss" Crafton, and the rest of the water sports guys were constantly raking up seaweed and burying it so that the customers had seaweed -free water.I think this is a tad insane because they do it all day every , single day, but they do it so we are as safe as possible from sea urchins.If you like to walk in the ocean ,please bring beach shoes.They can not control what naturally occurs in the ocean.A big thank you to Crafton for trying to teach me rapid Jamaican at the water sports office. I am afraid my friend that I did not learn well,but Crafton's belly laugh at my attempts were worth the effort.
I got yet another excellent massage from Rosalyn,but the rest of the Spa staff is also just as talented.If Rosalyn is booked, do not hesitate to use any of the staff.They give you an option of a massage in the actual spa which is gorgeous or one in a large room on the beach.I personally like those the best.I love to hear the water lapping on the beach.
Hedonism II employs an extensive security staff.This tends to freak people out on their first trip.The shoreline in Jamaica is public property and any Jamaican has the right to inhabit it.They do have Jamaicans that try and come to the guests to sell sea shells, fish, lobster, and cigarettes(see attached picture of the lobster man we use).When this folks are allowed to walk down by the water; a security guard takes every single step with them.If you buy something from them , the security staff watches the transaction to be sure you are safe(they could care less what you buy).I got into a boat with a former ,water sports employee named Devon, and a security guard took my name and room number even though he had known Devon for years.They keep people from other Resorts from sneaking on the property without a day pass, and basically are visible 24/7.They are there to protect you and nothing else. Security has Always taken care of us.
The Entertainment was outstanding.I am extremely Loyal to Winston, and "Baby Boy" Deen(orignally from the Circus school) that are original Hedonism II Entertainers.Fifty and Little Leon(he had been there only 7 days) punked me and got me on stage during lunch because I told them I only do things for Winston and Deen.What ensued was nothing short of hysterical, and I am pretty sure the customers got a huge laugh.I did warn them that I would get them back,but we left too soon to exact my revenge. I will be back guys..watch your backs. I actually had a great time on stage after the shock wore off and both needlessly apologized to me.Get to know the Entertainment staff, they are a blast.I saw many truly great performances,but none were as good as the night of the 30th Anniversary. I am not a big fan of just dance numbers and the Entertainment Staff more than impressed me that night.The entire night of Entertainment was jaw- dropping and my hat goes off to all the people responsible for the show(see attached pictures).Deen, you have become an incredible dancer,Fifty is amazing and has more energy than anyone I have ever met. He also has a grin that is infectious.All the Entertainers have special skills.Winston, thank you for singing in the dining room,I never tire of your great voice.
Thank you Delroy,Scumba,Grace, and all the other wonderful Bartenders.I will never understand how you work so quickly, always with a smile, to service so may people.
My hats off to the Ladies in House keeping that took care of us and our room.I am sorry I did not get any of your names because we were on the beach when you came to clean.You did a wonderful job and we had plenty of clean towels and our room was spotless.
The reason we went to Hedonism was to try and experience the Mind, Body,Spirit, Soul, experience that Hedonism uses as their mantra and we return every, single year to experience it again.Check your "judgment" at the door and let yourself embrace the beauty of Hedonism II.We mainly return to see our "friends", the Hedonism Employees.Do not yell at them.Ask nicely and you will receive a grin that warms your heart.Yell at them and a guest will get up in your face and tell you to be "nice". If I am there and you yell at them ..I suggest you run.I have taken on more than one "spoiled customer" and I will continue to do so.I will defend them night or day and If you are stupid enough to put your hands on one of them in anger,you might just find a smallish ,blonde woman up in your face, screaming,and I might even chase you off the property.
Hedonism has made improvements since our last trip.New fans in the dining room,but it was still pretty hot in there during the night time shows.A new wooden bridge to the beach from the main prude pool has been built and looks great.They offer more T.V. channels, waitresses on the beach,more great food, a number of new seat cushions.Hedonism could use some remodeling,but they never claimed to be a 5 star resort.The rooms are clean,comfortable,with good air conditioners and great views.We either eat the buffet or beach grill,but have eaten in all three restaurants.Many folks from Breezes, another Superclubs Property spent all their time at Hedonism.
Miss Sophia, here is my review as promised.We stayed in room 1207 from October 24th - November 2nd. I use an alias for my reviews so check to see who I am.I am pretty sure you will remember my insistence about you listening to me about Navlette's act of kindness.Sunshine, Thank you for checking us out and it was really wonderful to have a few minutes to chat now that you are no longer an Entertainer.We miss your gorgeous voice and stage presence, but understand why you put your child first.
The only "criticism" I have is that the employees did not look Truly happy.I have known most of these folks since 2002 and I can tell when I am getting a Real smile and I honestly did not see many.I was also very upset to find many long -time, Hedonism employees gone.I do understand the economic pressure that Hedonism is under,but it saddens me to ask for someone and to find out they are no longer there.

Do yourself a favor and book just one trip to Hedonism.If you are unhappy they will gladly move you to another Superclubs' Property. I have already started saving for trips next year and we got home last night.We remain hedonism enthusiast and I do NOT Ever see that changing.Be well my Jamaican Brothers and Sisters..I will be back "Home" as soon as Humanly possible. Until then "RESPECT".

Room Tip: We stay on The Prude side which is clothing optional and very close to the dining room and nightly e...
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My 2nd of 3 resort stays during this trip to Jamaica, I was only disappointed with the food in the main dining area. The first 4 days I wasn't impressed. Many complaints about the selection and quality aside from the salad and desserts. The last 3 days however, the food was delicious! Hmmm... a great way to get people to remember their last days. They should have that same calibre all wk long however. Will I go back? Most definitely! The thing about Hedo is, you don't go there for the food or the decor (which wasn't as bad as some comments suggest). You go to Hedonism for the experience and oh my what an experience it is! ~

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My first 2 days there I felt quite disappointed for the price I paid.
Walked into the room and felt I had walked into a time machine. Back in the 80's
Dining area needs upgrades and clean seat cushions. Some paint and fix ups
around the pool area. Tiles falling out, pool bar counter falling apart. .........
The food.... not much of a choice when we talk about the Buffet. Variety was not
there. Quality either.
Sure I had a nice time. BUT its about time they clean up and bring it back to the 21st century.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Coventry, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had been to Hedo III previously but had never tried Hedo II. We found it to be just as wonderful at Hedo II. The staff was great and we even got to see some of them from Hedo III (Serena, Fifty, Melody, and Shaquie - so sorry I do not know how to spell it) as well as meeting new staff (Winston, Delroy, Maxton, Sharma and many others). We found all of the staff to be excellent.

The room accomodations were quite comparable to Hedo III and our room had been recently painted. I loved the layout much better (no stairs yeah!). The beach was way better. The food was excellent as well and we ate at both restaurants as well as the buffet. The Lobster night was AWESOME!!!!

The only issue we had (and it is a small one) is the changing of the theme nights AFTER we got there. So just be aware the posted theme nights may not be correct - of course alot of people just wore their planned outfits anyway and that was OK too.

For anyone who likes the free spirit atmosphere of being Nakey and talking with anyone I would highly recommend this resort. We will definately be back!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hedonism II? Share your experiences!