We have just stopped at CSA for 1 week after being on an Caribbean cruise. After arriving at 2pm & checked in I was advised with the rest of the group our rooms would not be ready until 4pm. This seems to be a recurring theme at this resort looking at a few other reviews & our experience. It was made worse that it was raining when we arrived so we where kept in the reception area which does not have a bar or snack bar.
The staff are generally friendly & welcoming. There is a good selection of food in the buffet restaurants. We have ate at the two reservation restaurants which are good, but no better than the buffets. We stopped at the grand house & found the rooms are spacious & have a large bathroom. They where always cleaned everyday & your bed was turned down when you went down for dinner, which is nice. We went down to the beach every day, however found that there was limited shade which is a problem for my wife as she is fair. They really need some more sun covers on the beech rather than just relying on Palm trees (other people have commented on this as well). Also there are only two small pools. WIFI was available all over the complex which was excellent.
To sum up CSA, it is more 4* than 5*, they need to improve the checkin procedure & provide shade for sun bathing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril