We stayed 5 nights at CSA then 5 at Sandals and ended with a few days up on the cliffs. Wanted to get a feel for the differences and decide which is best to book again.
Couples Swept Away was on the best stretch of beach by far! Water was clear and the beach wide. No seaweed or grass in this area. There were plenty of chairs and trees for shade. The floaters on each chair - excellent! Water sports were great. Take $5-10 with you on the Catamaran though as the operators are not CSA staff and they count on tips.
Beach bars made good drinks and had good selections- ask for the good stuff by name if thats what you want though.
The check in was a little chaotic and the concierge was never friendly- thankfully we only dealt with them a couple of times during the stay. Overall the service was outstanding. The staff are all so friendly and really make you feel at home there quickly. Housekeeping great. Can't complain about anything with the room or the service.
Food- only okay. I have to admit to being a food snob and living in a city with top tier chefs. I think the food at CSA was bland or sometimes over salted. The Lemongrass was the worst. Feathers prob the best. Breakfasts were good. I don't mind buffet for breakfast but despise them for dinner.
I will add that this is not a place for friends or sisters of same-sex couples! This place has a specific target and that is heterosexual couples. We (2 women) didn't feel discriminated against or anything but we were asked a dozen times where our husbands were. I also watched 5 couples take a sailing lesson on the beach and then the instructor told the "ladies" to relax for 15 minutes while the "captains" all went into the water for part two of the lesson. Seriously? I wondered if any of the "ladies" were offended or if CSA just attracts people who respond favorably to this kind of misogynistic crap. (Women in Jamaica don't drive or sail??)
Nightlife ok. Decent live music every night at 9:00 I think.
If same sex couples were more welcomed and the food were better then I'd go back to CSA without a doubt. These are my issues though. If these things don't bother you then this is your place. Friendly, clean, laid back and killer beach.
I am happy to answer any specific questions or things not addressed in my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril