Four of us stayed at Swept Away from 6/3 to 6/10 and had Atrium Suites. This was our second visit to Swept Away. During our first visit in November of 2005, my husband and I had a Beachfront Verandah Suite. The resort is still, in our opinion, the best All-Inclusive in Negril. We have stayed at three others.
What we like about Couples Swept Away and why we stayed there a second time:
1. The variety of choices in the restaurants. With a total of six restaurants, Swept Away offers more in food options. All six of the restaurants are very good. We especially enjoy Patois Patio, Seagrape Cafe (directly on the beach with some tables actually in the sand serving healthy AND absolutely delicious food), Feathers and Lemongrass. During our first visit, we ran out of time and did not get an opportunity to try Lemongrass. We made reservations this time and truly enjoyed it. I had the yellow curry steamed snapper. It was excellent! Feathers is always a treat. I appreciate the way that the management and staff really work to make this a "special occasion" and dining event. You feel special from the moment you walk in the door and the food is very good. Well done!
2. The beach. This resort sits on one of the best stretches of beach in Jamaica. The water is calm and the beach is wide and level. The view is amazing. I noticed on this trip that we had a little easier time finding a seat in the shade and were even able to secure palapas a couple of days, once in the morning around 10:00 and one afternoon after a rain shower.
3. Security. The security team is always visible and works hard to ensure that no one comes onto the resort who is not a visitor.
4. The Staff Members. I can honestly say that as much as we enjoyed Swept Away the first time, we enjoyed it more on this trip. The staff did a superb job. I did not find one staff member who was not trying and who was not pleasant and helpful. A special thanks to OShane at the beach bar along with Colleen, Doreen, Terela(sp?) and all the other wonderful staff members who work hard to make this resort run like the well-oiled customer service machine that it is. It is a relatively large resort, so I can appreciate all that goes into making the experience what it is.
5. The front desk. The check-in process was easy and painless. We were very pleased with the rooms we received. We even had a pretty decent view of the ocean from an Atrium Suite which I was totally not expecting. I have noticed other reviewers saying that they changed rooms on the second day. We were completely pleased with our rooms on the first time out.
6. The entertainment. We think the entertainment was even better this time than on our previous trip. We had the opportunity to see the wonderful singer at the beach bonfire again on this trip, Shayam Moses. He is always magical. We also really enjoyed the shows in The Palms. For entertainment, you are going to have a difficult time finding any better consistently good entertainment every night at any All-Inclusive in Negril than at Swept Away.
7. Water Sports Option. We did the catamaran trip to The Cliffs and the snorkel trip. There were several other water activities that we meant to try, but we got too relaxed on the beach. The staff members who did the snorkel trip were great. I wish I could remember their names, but the captain who was Rasta was a great leader and very enjoyable.
Just a couple of suggestions:
1. Maybe mention to people with a first floor room that if you go out to the beach through your verandah door using the provided key and have the deadbolt on the front door, your room will not be cleaned. Now, I realize that this is common sense. But, it just never occurred to us.
2. Our suite had one of the remodeled bathrooms that includes a very nice large shower and no tub. Supply an absorbent bath rug to absorb water from the shower. Water tended to pool in the floor over near the commode.
3. Maybe it's just me, but I have stayed at three of the four properties owned by the Couples Resorts organization. In two of three resorts, I have found that the lighting can be an issue. It can be too dark in the rooms even with all of the available lighting on. I did not experience this issue at Couples Negril. Perhaps this is because their decor is a little brighter without the darker wood that makes the rooms so special at Swept Away and at Idle Awhile. I love the look of the rooms. Just makes it difficult to see.
We love Swept Away and would recommend it to anyone. It is a very natural looking resort with a true Jamaican feel, great food and a hard-working group of staff members committed to providing guests with an unforgettable experience. Don't go expecting perfection and you will have the vacation of a lifetime. It is a truly special resort on a perfect piece of beachfront in Negril which boasts one of the best, if not the very best, beach on the island of Jamaica. Everytime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril