Loved our May 4th-12th stay!!! Good food, good employees, beautiful beach! Don't listen to the negative reviews. Some people can't be pleased!!!
Front desk- No problem with check in. We got there at 4pm and our room was ready.
Room- We had one of the rooms near the road (4305) and had no problems sleeping. The bed is big and comfy! We had one incident with our room during the week where the bathroom stink was covered with ants. We called the front desk to let them know and when we got back from dinner that night the problem was solved and we had no more ants during our stay. We never lost power or lost hot water. The patio is awesome and offered a beautiful view of the garden.
Food- Food was good and offered a lot of healthy options. We ate a lot at Patios and thought it was much better then the Palms buffet. Seagrapes and the Cabana grill were awesome for lunches. Feather's was excellent and Lemongrass was good. ( We ate at both twice during our stay) The only complaint I have is most of the times for dinner service was slow. We always had late reservations, because we were always on the beach for sunset, so between 8:30 and 9pm we were eating and it was always a 1 and a half to 2 hours for dinner.
Beach-We are beach people, so we opened the bars, but never closed them unless it was the beach bar. lol ;) There is not alot of beach huts, so if you want one like we did wake up at 5:45-6 am to get one. We our at the beach all day, so I didn't feel bad about claiming one. It is a nice break from the hot sun when you need it. The water is so nice and tons of cool things to be found. We found several huge starfish during our stay. Don't be a jerk off like the lady who took 2 live ones to dry out and take home. Take your picture and put them back. The sunsets are amazing and not to be missed. Vendors do come up to you, but a simple no thank you and they let you be. Shout out to my favorite beach musician Ice block. He rocked it out all week. Buy his cd for 15! I also want to give a shout out to my favorite beach bartenders Peter, Lanette (aka rookie) and Natasha. They took care of us all week with a smile.
Gym-My husband thought it was awesome.
Overall, I think this resort is very good and worth a visit. You can be as active or lazy as you want to be. ( We opted to be beach bums and didn't take advantage of the activities). ;) There is a orientation, but we figured things out on our own and didn't want to waste the time to do it. Can't wait until our Christmas at Couples Barbados in Dec!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril