“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Swept Away

Save Saved
You added Couples Swept Away to your Saves list
Couples Swept Away
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd | PO Box 3077, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 91 Hotels in Negril
Oakland, Maine
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 10-day stay at CSA that began on 3/26/2013. We have returned to CSA several times since 2001 and love coming back. We feel like we're coming home every time because of the warm welcome we receive from the Staff and other return guests. The beach here is spectacular. If you are beach-lovers, this is the place for you. We love walking the beach each day and swimming in the huge swimming area at sunset. A low pressure system was in the area for the first 48 hours that closed Watersports for a couple of days. We walked the beach, body-surfed the waves, used the hot tub and visited with Staff and the other guests. CSA made some nice changes since our visit last year. The restaurants are now non-smoking. They have a new dive boat called the Lady Jane, which made diving so much easier for everyone. They eliminated the beach towel policy that required a towel receipt to check out. They now offer wi-fi, but still provided the internet café, which we appreciate and use. We noticed an increase in use of the Trading Places program, which isn’t advertised, but people used it and loved the opportunity to visit their sister resort Couples Negril. Our friends stayed there, and we were able to visit them using the Trading Places program. Just remember the busses leave at 10 am and return at 4 pm. They were very prompt.

I dove alot this week and had a blast. The new dive boat is awesome and the dive team is first rate, they make diving a lot of fun. Saturday, we went on a 2-tank dive. On the second dive we saw dolphins around the boat. When we got to depth, we watched 5 dolphins work as a team to try to open a fish trap. What an amazing sight! While I dive, my wife snorkels. Everyone at Watersports makes her feel welcome. She loves being able to snorkel while I dive. She got to see the stingrays and the usual cast of characters on the reefs. Thanks again, see you all soon. We also enjoyed the Couples Massage spa services while we were here. We were able to have the same massage therapists we had last year, and they did a fantastic job once again.

The food and service at CSA is excellent. We dined in all the restaurants and loved them all. There is something for everyone depending on the mood you’re in. You can have a formal dinner at Feathers or Lemon Grass, or in a more casual atmosphere at the Patois Patio or the Palms. The Sea Grapes and Cabana offer quick meals for those who just arrived or who don’t want to change out of their swimsuits to have lunch or a snack.

We have been to many all-inclusive resorts over the years, but we continue to return to CSA because they just keep doing things right. If you need something at CSA, all you need to do is ask. For instance, our room’s clock radio wasn’t working properly. We called the Front desk, and within minutes we had received a new one. When they say “No Problem” they truly mean it. Thanks for another wonderful visit. We’ll see you soon - Peter & Cheryl

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1208. The room was on the second floor and was as advertised. No issues. Very c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Let me preface this with a little bit about us, which I think people who post opinions / reviews should share, we all know "opinions are like ........ , everybody has one". But your expectations may be much higher than mine, and therefore when I read your negative review, I assume I made a terrible mistake planning a great vacation for my spouse and myself. Therefore, we may have blown, what to us, is a substantial amount of money, when you consider flights and stay.

Our background,

-Every other year vacationers; 1st time at an All-Inclusive; in the 35 - 44 age bracket; enjoy good food of all types; accomodations don't have to be the Ritz, but nice and clean; service must be good, and considerate, but not over the top; Pretty laid back and enjoy relaxing together; we are the kind of people that put out the "do not disturb" sign every other day, so they don't have to bother with making up our room everyday. I can still pull up the sheets and position the pillows a couple times, even if I'm on vacation.

Obviously, my Wife and I just returned from a stay at CSA, we returned to the States on 4.16.13 and I felt one of the first things I should do was post a short review, because all of you that have posted, or been reading these reviews for the past 6 months like I have, deserve a good review. And, deserve alot of thanks for helping me prepare for our Vacation.

Here we go:

Arrival: Immigration/Customs was a breeze, we arrived mid week and it took us 25 mins from plane to Couples lounge. Don't forget a blue or black pen, and fill out the immigration form completely. Very easy to find the Couples Lounge, checked in there, had a Red Stripe (or 2), and we were being lead to the transport bus. Tipped baggage guys $2 per bag. Bus ride was almost 1:30, be sure to go to the restroom before you go, you may or may not stop half way through. Tipped Bus driver $10, they are not Couples Employees.

Check-In: Would've been great if I would have remembered there were 5 other couples on the same bus with me, so it took a little longer than expected, but the good news was, our room was ready! There were some people around check-in that their rooms were not ready, I understand it's an inconvenience, but do you really have to interrupt the person that is helping me, to have her stop and see if YOUR room is ready? Apparently, when they get back to the States..... expect another poor review! LOL!

Room: Garden Verandah Suite, Corner Room, Building 10. Room is very nice, private, clean, and comfortable. View from the terrace was of the gardens with a very small view of the beach and Caribbean, Fantastic! Our luggage arrived shortly after, and then our requested mini-bar beverages arrived. If you like to start drinking soon after arrival, do a pre check-in via the romance rewards program on the main Couples website. Worked perfectly! THE ROAD NOISE WAS DEAFENING! (Just Kidding!) I read alot of reviews about the road noise in a GVS before arriving, we sleep with a noise maker, a downloadable app for iPhone; (thanks message board) and it was perfect. If you get up at 6:00 am like I did and want to sit out on the terrace, yeah, there is road noise, but I had absolutely no problem with it. Housekeeping, was great when we used it. Turn down service was nice, but that again is something I don't have to have to make my vacation great. Can you believe I read reviews of people complaining about it being too late, or not nice enough? Like I said, I read ALOT of reviews!

Beach: Incredible! Soft white sand that you can see for miles in both directions. We got to the beach most days by 9:00 or 10:00 and most of the Palapas were already taken, no big deal. We had no problem rolling a couple chairs under a palm tree, for some early or late day shade. The water was incredible, just the right temp to cool you off, and to drag your cushion out and float on your cushion for a while. If you don't go out and float in the Caribbean, you are missing out on one of the many great experiences they have to offer. Beach vendors were never a problem, if one came up, we just said no thank you, and that was enough. Beach security is awesome, always roaming around if you need them.

Pool: We only spent our time at the pool with the swim up bar, so I can't speak for all of them. This is a great place to spend your day if you've had enough sand between your toes. Sure, it gets a little more loud as the day goes by, but we found it to be more fun. I guess if you have a problem with that, there are 2 or 3 other pools you can hang out at.

Bars: Loved every one we got service from. All of the Bars are a great place to meet new people, hang out, and enjoy your time there. A few highlights: Bob Marley Shot - beautiful in the glass, and really warms you up inside. Patois: Ask Frazer to make you a "Frazer Special" , it was our go to drink before dinner. Please try the special of the day, to turn you on to new beverages. All of the drinks I had were absolutely great. Aura Nightclub was fun, Don't miss Ultimate Chocolate at the Piano Bar.

Food: Outstanding! We ate at all of the places except Lemongrass. Went to Rick's that night and jumped instead. Really disappointed to have missed that one, next time we'll go.

Palms: Awesome! Great buffet! We had breakfast and lunch there.
Sea Grapes: Fish Tacos, Sweet Potato Chips, and Roasted Beet Salad. May be the best lunch I had.
Cabana Grill: Great food, great service, even late!
Patois: Fantastic ala carte breakfast and dinner! Banana stuffed French Toast!
Feathers: Almost felt out of place here, my fault not theirs, best meal of the week in a great setting, and A/C. Guys, don't forget slacks/khakis and closed toed shoes. It is worth it to pack an extra pair of shoes, slacks, and a collared shirt.

The only excursion we took was the Cat Cruise, as 1st timers, I was really looking forward to it, and was not disappointed! If it is your 1st time, and you don't get seasick, you need to book it!

In a nutshell, (finally). We absolutely loved every minute at CSA, and 1 day after getting home, are already planning a return trip for next year with my Brother and Sister-in-law. So, 1st timers, and veterans: I'm pretty sure our stay was what you all expect every time you are there. And all of you that had nothing but bad things to say about CSA, I'm just glad I don't travel with you.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went for five nights back in February and had a great time. We had a great room not on the beach but with a beach view and it felt so private even though we were surrounded by other rooms. It's a more established resort and is huge. There is everything you could want on site, amazing food, frozen drinks around every corner, and the beach....oh yeah, the beach. Easily the nicest beach I've ever seen. Crystal blue water in the mid 80's....it doesn't get much better. We traveled with two other couples and had a blast.

The service was underwhelming but for some reason that didn't seem to matter at such a beautiful spot. The 'no problem, mon' attitude affects everyone on the island! There's no tipping, but we found an 'advance $20' secretly given to your bartender or server would step it up a notch.

Understand that the resort is an hour and a half bus ride from Montego Bay airport. This is where you get to take in the sights and sounds of Jamaica. It's in bad shape and parts of it looked very third world (trash/waste in the streets, lack of infrastructure, tons of people hustling). I was very surprised that such pristine and 'high-end' resorts exist amongst such a vast wasteland of poverty. I'm cringing at the thoughts of how much the staff gets paid. Once you can get past that, it's an amazing, beautiful place with great people.

Be sure to check out the catamaran and snorkeling trips which are included!

Room Tip: We got the garden verandah and it was perfect.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Couples Swept A... M, Operations Manager at Couples Swept Away, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks for your review, we are glad that you had a great time and found Jamaica to be an amazing and beautiful place with great people.......we wholeheartedly agree!! We are constantly working with our staff to ensure that the service delivered is what is expected and that this is done without the need for tips. We discourage individual tipping because we feel that every guest should get the same great service whether they were to tip or not, furthermore a tip only benefits the last individual who delivers the service but what about all those who work behind the scenes to enable that great service? We allow all our staff to share in a gratuity so that everyone in the resort benefits; however if some of our guests feel that they would like to show their appreciation to the staff overall for the excellent service and enjoyable vacation then they could leave something (for the staff in general rather than anyone in particular) at our Bureau which is upstairs on our Mezzanine level and this would be added to the gratuity pool that is shared by all staff.
Finally Jamaica is a Third World Country that has people of varying fortunes living in and around such places like Negril where the resorts such as CSA provide an opportunity for gainful employment. We at CSA are very proud of our involvement in the communities where our resorts are and where our staffs reside. Through the Issa Trust Foundation (which each of our guest has the opportunity to contribute US$5 or more if they wish) we bring down each year a team of doctors who work for free in the communities where our staffs live providing necessary and vital medical services. We also donate medical equipment to the hospitals that serve these communities so this is one way that we at CSA and you our valued guests can partner with us to help the wonderful people who live and work and hustle in this Jamaican paradise.
Thanks for choosing Couples Swept Away and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Lexington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our second stay at Swept Away...the first almost 20 yrs. ago so a lot has changed since then. My wife and I have traveled a fare amount... Cancun,Cozumel, St. Martin, Playa del Carmen, Hawaii and few more European stops so I think we have a good feel for nice vacation properties. I just want to start by saying that for the most part most all the staff is rather helpful BUT there where also several who really didn't seem to care if they helped you or not and I think this has to do the "no tipping" policy. Of course we wanted (and DID) tip the staff we felt went out of their way to be helpful and kind but you had to be secretive about it because if they get caught taking tips they can be terminated !?! Anyway the property itself is a bit dated and we had mechanical issues with our shower and a few other things in the room but you don't let that interfere with your vacation.. Our bed was nice and firm and very comfortable (to us) BUT our room was next to the main road and despite what you will be told there is significant traffic noise so if at all possible you want to be as close to or on the beachfront.The food overall was good... sometimes great... sometimes not so much. There are many positives to this property (tons of things for you to do like exercise,crafts, trips scuba etc.)and a few negatives (not consistent with food quality, service) but you will notice they have a bunch of repeat customers (they must get the special kool-aid ) I just can't see coming back so many times when there are so many other choices. I could go on on and don't really feel like typing any more so feel free to contact me for any additional first hand info I can provide "no worries man"

Room Tip: If at all possible try to get a room on the ocean front... perfect setting... step out our your room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We are avid travellers. Been to Cuba 3x, D.R. twice, Mexico once, Jamaica twice, and have been backpacking in Asia, Australia, NZ, Fiji, and Bali. We have stayed at 5 star resorts, hostels, and everything in between. My wife is pregnant and we chose to spend one week at Couples Swept Away (CSA) as it will be the last trip just the two of us!! We had an AMAZING time!!

Transportation:
Couples had their own lounge inside the Montego Bay airport that only people going to CSA or Couple Negril can use. The lounge was air conditioned, had bathrooms, had sofa's to sit and relax on, and a bartender that served Red Stripe beer as we waited for the shuttle bus (we only waited 20 minutes). It was a great start to our trip!
Plus, the shuttle bus was strictly for CSA guests. The shuttle bus was small and comfortable and went directly to CSA. Compared to other resorts where a large shuttle bus drops off guests at numerous hotels/resorts along the way. This was NOT the case. There was only 1 stop and that was half way and gave guests a chance to purchase a Red Stripe or food for the last half of the drive. Then we arrived at CSA...

The Resorts/Ground:
The resort was smaller than what we were used to. We've stayed at Iberostar's, Gran Bahia's, etc and CSA is much smaller than those big chains. We liked how it was smaller in size. It was easy to get from one end to the other (some resorts need a golf cart/shuttle). CSA was a leisurely 10 minute stroll maximum to get from one side of the resort to the other. The landscaping was just fine with nice interlocking stones that led up to every building. At night when it gets dark there are beetles that make a soft chirping noise while you sleep. At first I thought it was going to keep me up all night. But after 5 minutes I forgot they were even there. In fact, I found it very relaxing and exotic. So did my wife. And I am not a heavy sleeper.

Beach:
Perfect! What can I say...one of the best beaches in the world. My husband and I walked all of 7-mile beach and CSA is located on one of the best sections. White sand, clear water. It was paradise.
Shade huts are hard to come by, but there is lots of palm trees for shade as an alternative. I heard some (crazy) people saying they woke up at 4am to claim a shade hut. To me that's insane. My wife and I woke up at 8:30am every morning, had breakfast, and were on the beach by 10am, and there were loads of beach chairs available and lots of shade to be had. I can't stand those people who wake up at 4 or 5am just to put towels on a pair of chairs, only to be left empty for the next 4 hours when they could have been enjoyed by someone who actually used the beach. You know who you are! Quit being so selfish.
We were never bothered by locals trying to sell us stuff. Security does a great job at monitoring them. Those that do walk the beach are nice. Once you say "no thank you" they usually reply with a "yeah mon". One guy named Ice Block who sings while playing the acoustic guitar was amazing. We paid him a couple dollars each day and in return he sang some songs for us. My wife really enjoyed it. We actually looked forward to him coming around each day at the beach.

Food:
Amazing! Lemongrass was my favourite and my wife loved Feathers. All the food was fantastic, we never got sick of it. The beef patties and jerk chicken at the Cabana Grill was great for lunch with a view of the water. Some people ate their lunch at the swim up bar (which is right next to it), some actually seated in the pool while eating, which I thought was gross. I suggest eating your lunch THEN getting a seat at the swim up bar.

Rooms:
We stayed in the Atrium Suite (room 1224). We found the rooms clean and very comfy. The bathroom was a little dated but what do you expect. I would have booked a room at the Trump Plaza or Hilton PH Suite if I wanted granite counters and marble/hardwood flooring. We were hardly in our room so it was just fine with us. The only complaint, if we had to knit-pick, was that on a couple of occasions we ran out of hot water and my wife found the hair dryer too weak. Next time she will bring her own. But really, we found the rooms just fine! Beds were comfy, no bugs, mini-fridge was always stocked, nice breeze at night, and the nightly turn-down service was a nice touch! We did not hear the road from where we were (we know some people complained about that on other reviews).
The beach front suites were PIMP! They were out of our league but if you can afford them, get them! They are steps from the beach and I'm sure the waves crashing up on shore can be heard at night.

Beverages:
They have all the premium booze you want. You may just have to ask for it. For instance, when I ordered a rum and coke, they would pour me Appletons rum. But I prefer Malibu (or Coco Mania) so I just had to ask. Not a big deal. The bartenders were happy to please everyone.
One thing we loved, the bartenders don't expect tips. Every other resort we have been to we have to tip just to get noticed! It can be very annoying. But at CSA they don't expect tips. In fact, I think they get in trouble and can be fired for accepting money. We slipped a couple employees a few dollars for their exceptional service but we made sure nobody noticed. Despite no tipping, the bartenders and restaurant staff always made conversation, always smiled, and were always pleasant. We didn't experience one employee who made us feel like we were bothering them. All they expect is a smile and thank you in return!!!
Also, upon departure there is a comment card they ask everyone to fill out. We made sure we mentioned some of our favourite staff members because we were told that the positive feedback from guests is better than tipping.

Overall:
CSA was the best all-inclusive resort we have EVER been to. Everything was exceptional. We didn't want to leave on day seven. It will be a while before we can return (since my wife is preggers) but I assure you, we will be back!
Don't listen or read-into those negative reviews. Visit CSA and see for yourself!!!

Room Tip: Room off the ground floor will add some privacy.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm pretty late writing this review because there is just so much I want to say about our amazing stay at Couples and it's been hard to get it all in writing.

I poured over reviews before our trip and enjoyed long and detailed one's - so that's what you're getting here - bear with me.

We got to the airport lounge without any delays and were basically immediately shown to the air conditioned van.

There were 2 other couples in the van with us and the drive was about an hour, but it went quickly because there was so much to see. We didn't stop for drinks/bathroom breaks because we all agreed we just wanted to get there.

As soon as we pulled up we were greeted by Couples employees who unloaded our bags, and served us chilled towels and champagne.

Check-in went smoothly and we were in our room within 30 minutes of arriving. The bellboy showed us how to operate the A/C, safe, locks, shower, etc.

I was actually traveling as the visiting group fitness instructor and was anxious to check out the fitness facilities where I would be teaching for the week, so we ventured out to the sports complex across the street.

OMG - this resort has OUTSTANDING exercise facilities. They aerobics studio is large, modern, air-conditioned and has tons of equipment as well as Spinner brand spin bikes. We got a tour of the rest of the facility and they also have an outdoor gym with treadmills, weights, etc, an Olympic lap pool, squash courts (indoor), numerous tennis courts, and lush walking path around everything. The fitness complex also has a bar with smoothies, vitamin water & beer. This is also where the spa is located. Basically - you CANNOT beat this resort's sports complex - I have never heard of, let alone seen, anything that can compare.

I'll now review other specifics, not necessarily in order of how we experienced them:

The Beach:
Perfect. White sand, crystal clear water, plenty of shade and lounge chairs with removable cushions that doubled as rafts. Basically - we spent the better part of every day of our vacation lying on the beach and just enjoying life. If we got warm we'd take a quick dip in the ocean. One day, I rolled my lounge chair to the edge of the water and let the gentle waves lap at my feet while my husband floated nearby on his raft. It was perfect! Occasionally vendors would ask if we were interested in anything, "necklaces? bracelets? fish? ok, ganja?" but we'd always say no thanks, and they'd be on their way. Vendors were never a problem. We had a perfect spot close to the beach bar every day and even though they offer drink service, it wasn't any hassle just walking a few feet to place our order.

The Pools:
The pools are nice and we spent some time at the main pool. Because the ocean and beach are so perfect, there wasn't a huge draw to the pools though. The main pool has the swim up bar, so there were usually people there. Both pools has tons of shade and lounge chairs available.

The jacuzzis:
There were several and they were great - but it was a little warm when we visited (August is their hottest month) so we tried to use them a couple times, but didn't last too long. We did really enjoy using the jacuzzi one evening by the Palms when they had live music going.

Included Activities:
Couples offers TONS of inclusions. We were a little lazy so we didn't do much. But while we were there they offered: couples massage classes, basket weaving, jewelry making, shirt tie-dying, and more I'm probably forgetting. There are also a huge variety of included water sports. They offer snorkeling, kayaking, an evening booze cruise, and even scuba! Tons to do if you want it! If you want more info about all that - just check out their website. Everything they list on their website, they truly do offer.

Restaurants:
We ate at every restaurant and loved everything!

The Palms:
This is their buffet restaurant. We had a couple breakfasts and couple dinners here. Great ambiance and great selection. Food was always the correct temperature, and quickly restocked. There was plenty of variety and the menu changed daily.

Patois Patio:
Patois was my favorite place for breakfast. This is an a la carte restaurant and even though their breakfast menu was simple - the food was amazing. They serve you fresh fruit when you sit and they always have a new tropical smoothie every day. We had dinner at Patois only twice, but I would probably eat their more often next time. Their pizza is TO DIE FOR, and my husband raved about his steak. Overall Patois was perfect for us. It was nice, but didn't require a reservation.

Feathers:
Feathers is their fanciest restaurant and you need reservations. We had a fun getting dressed up and it was a nice change of pace to eat in a full enclosed, full air conditioned restaurant. We'd heard about their small portions, but since everything is all-inclusive - we just ordered several things. Between me and my husband we ordered 1 soup, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and every dessert on the menu! (And then we headed to the beach grill a couple hours later). I really enjoyed eating at Feathers, but would only do it once per trip since the other food is equally delicious and more plentiful.

Lemongrass:
Lemongrass is the other reservation-only restaurant and serves Thai food. We had eaten at Feathers the night before so we were expecting similar portions. We ended up ordering waaay too much food but it was sooo good. I really enjoyed the ambiance of Lemongrass because it's on a patio above The Palms restaurant. You can still hear the music from the Palms but it's a little more secluded and romantic.

Sea Grape Cafe:
This lunch restaurant is on the beach and serves the BEST fish tacos I've ever had. They also have amazing sweet potato chips and flavored hummus. They also have self-serve Red Stripe and soft-serve frozen yogurt. We ate here several times and next time we go to CSA this will be the first place I head.

The Cabana Grill:
Here is where you can get jerk chicken and typical bbq food (hambugers, hot dogs, fries, etc.) at pretty much all hours of the day. (I think they actually close at 6 am and reopen at 11 am). Unfortunately they were re-roofing the cabana when we were there, so even though they were still serving food, we couldn't sit out on the patio. We ate here numerous times and loved the self-serve nachos!

Bars:
There are several bars around the property. My husband and I aren't big drinkers but we enjoyed what we ordered. The bartenders were all super friendly and willing to make creative drinks if I didn't know what I wanted.

The Room:
We stayed in a garden view veranda room and it was perfect. We had a huge balcony that looked out on to the lush gardens and felt very secluded. We were on the first floor so if we ordered room service breakfast they would deliver it straight to our patio. The king bed was amazing, the A/C worked great, the TV had plenty of stations, and the water pressure on the shower was perfect. We had no problems with our safe and we LOVED that we put our wallets in on the first day and literally, never took them out until the last day when we wanted to buy souvenirs. The maids cleaned the room in the mid morning and then would return for turn-down service in the evening. I loved all the special touches like fresh flowers and towel art. Some people have complained that the rooms are a little outdated, but my husband and I agreed that the room was perfect. We liked that it felt authentically tropical. Sure, there's no marble or chrome - but we don't want that. The room was spotless and comfortable and we wouldn't have it any other way.

The service:
The service was outstanding! No one ever seemed to expect a tip but were always ready with quick smiles and a "no problem." Like they literally say "no problem mon" to everything. You could ask for the moon and they'd say "no problem."

Misc:
•We brought a bag of various school supplies for the Issa Trust Foundation and were surprised (and a little guilty) to find a gift basket in our room thanking us.
•We walked the beach (both ways) because people recommended seeing the sights. It was fine, but we probably wouldn't do it again. The resort offered everything we needed so even though it was interesting to see some of the other hotels and homes, I'll go to a couples massage class or something next time.
•We bought most of our souvenirs from the vendors on the beach and didn't go to the hotel gift shop until the last day. I wish I had waited! The hotel had better prices than what I found on the beach! Next time, I'll get everything from the gift shop or the airport.

Finally - the romance. Because Couples is specifically geared toward couples - everything just oozed romance. It might seem a little cheesy - but we actually really enjoyed this type of atmosphere. It's nice knowing that no one there is scamming on other people and that everyone is focused on the person they're with. It made me feel more comfortable walking around and talking to people because I never felt like I had to be on the defense.

Basically we loved our time at Couples Swept Away and it's not a question of if we'll return, rather, when.

Room Tip: no need to upgrade to beach front room... garden veranda is literally 30 second walk from the sand a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BOONVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Couples swept away resort located in Negril Jamaica is an all inclusive resort on 7 mile beach They have different room types to fit everyone's idea of a carribean vacation. The people are friendly the food is good and service is great. Room service for breakfast was a nice treat,along with a frig stocked with water, juice, beer,wine. maid turn down service at night. They pick you up at the airport and take you to your resort

Room Tip: rooms in the middle of the resort are more quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!