My wife and I just returned from a 10-day stay at CSA that began on 3/26/2013. We have returned to CSA several times since 2001 and love coming back. We feel like we're coming home every time because of the warm welcome we receive from the Staff and other return guests. The beach here is spectacular. If you are beach-lovers, this is the place for you. We love walking the beach each day and swimming in the huge swimming area at sunset. A low pressure system was in the area for the first 48 hours that closed Watersports for a couple of days. We walked the beach, body-surfed the waves, used the hot tub and visited with Staff and the other guests. CSA made some nice changes since our visit last year. The restaurants are now non-smoking. They have a new dive boat called the Lady Jane, which made diving so much easier for everyone. They eliminated the beach towel policy that required a towel receipt to check out. They now offer wi-fi, but still provided the internet café, which we appreciate and use. We noticed an increase in use of the Trading Places program, which isn’t advertised, but people used it and loved the opportunity to visit their sister resort Couples Negril. Our friends stayed there, and we were able to visit them using the Trading Places program. Just remember the busses leave at 10 am and return at 4 pm. They were very prompt.
I dove alot this week and had a blast. The new dive boat is awesome and the dive team is first rate, they make diving a lot of fun. Saturday, we went on a 2-tank dive. On the second dive we saw dolphins around the boat. When we got to depth, we watched 5 dolphins work as a team to try to open a fish trap. What an amazing sight! While I dive, my wife snorkels. Everyone at Watersports makes her feel welcome. She loves being able to snorkel while I dive. She got to see the stingrays and the usual cast of characters on the reefs. Thanks again, see you all soon. We also enjoyed the Couples Massage spa services while we were here. We were able to have the same massage therapists we had last year, and they did a fantastic job once again.
The food and service at CSA is excellent. We dined in all the restaurants and loved them all. There is something for everyone depending on the mood you’re in. You can have a formal dinner at Feathers or Lemon Grass, or in a more casual atmosphere at the Patois Patio or the Palms. The Sea Grapes and Cabana offer quick meals for those who just arrived or who don’t want to change out of their swimsuits to have lunch or a snack.
We have been to many all-inclusive resorts over the years, but we continue to return to CSA because they just keep doing things right. If you need something at CSA, all you need to do is ask. For instance, our room’s clock radio wasn’t working properly. We called the Front desk, and within minutes we had received a new one. When they say “No Problem” they truly mean it. Thanks for another wonderful visit. We’ll see you soon - Peter & Cheryl
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril