“Cannot Get Enough of Couples Swept Away!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Cannot Get Enough of Couples Swept Away!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

After two years we returned to "Welcome Home" from our friends at CSW Negril. It was just as spectacular as we remembered it from two years ago. Not home a week yet, I remain "homesick" to be back there on the beach, enjoying our room and the views and missing all the staff at CSW...the restaurants services and food are amazing, as always, the care and attention we get everywhere we go on the resort, the well kept grounds, beach, everything. I must mention my friends at Sea Grapes Cafe, Just fabulous Janet, Kerrie Ann, Duane, Kurt and Dane; Palms, sweet Chardonnay, marvelous Marlene, REne, Natasha and of course our fav bartender Rual. Ulti-Chocolate was amazing on the piano as always and our wonderful housekeeper who left our room tidy, fresh and fun toweled animals and flowers..loved, loved, loved our atrium suite..just don't know how I am going to wait to go back and visit.
If I had to say what could improve, it would be the entertainment group was not the warm and fuzzy people we had in 2010...missed not being given an opportunity to interact and get to know them as well...we did enjoy the entertainment acts that were performing our week.
God bless you all at our wonderful Couples Swept Away..until we meet again....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We are coming for more than ten Years.
The Price go up and up, but the Service get less and less. What a pity, really!
A lot of Dirt everywhere. The only Resort were you don't get Red Stripe in a Bottle. A must have when you are in Jamaica. At the Breakfast Buffet you get you Muesli in a Plastic Dish. Lights which are not working, they don't fix it. The Rooms need urgent
a renovation. That Hotel don't earn more
than 3 ***

• Stayed October 2012
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went for 5 nights for friends' wedding without a date. This place lives up to its name as a couples resort. The single people at the wedding were the ONLY single people there. Expected though so it was fine. The landscape was nice and beach was beautiful. Food was pretty good, not amazing. Would have liked some more authentic Jamaican food. Drinks were great. Staff was nice for the most part but some did not seem to be enjoying themselves. I hate work sometimes too so I can't blame them! Beware locals trying to sell jet ski rides. Three of us ran out of gas during our hour rental. Jaimi at Beach Bum Vacation was fantastic at setting up travel arrangements. Contact her at Jaimi@beachbumvacation.com

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We first went to CSA in 2008, then returned again 10/5/2012 for 9 days. We did not like the room as it was one of the older rooms so we asked to switch and they did it for us at no cost. We were put in Bldg 13 room 4209 and it was much better. The food in ALL of the restaurants is great. You can find something to eat as the spreads were amazing. The beach and water was again fantastic!! We hit the jackpot with weather.....although Oct can be a little rainey. Steel drum band was great. Went to Ricks Cafe, just something to say you did. Wear your swim suit if you decide to jump off the cliffs.

The staff is very accomodating, and try their best to make your stay as pleasent as possible. They work their "butts" off to assure everyone is taken care of. It is a very tropical resort with many trees and flowers. The verandahs off the rooms are what make them unique compared to other all inclusives.

I have to say that I was feeling a little "guilty" sitting on the beach drinking my pina coladas while the natives were walking past us non stop trying to sell their shells, jewerly, etc in the heat, all to make $10 or so......

All in all it was a fantastic vacation and we are definately up for a 3rd one in the future.

Room Tip: Older rooms by the Palms are too loud from the night shows. Pick the ones more in the center of the...
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great, fantastic, amazing. Went there sometimes ago, but we going back next year, if you want to enjoy the most from holiday is right place to go. Love Jamaica, all of it, music sea and food, people so lovely.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Wow, where do I start? Oh yeah, this trip was freaking spectacular! Let me also say that I'm a picky traveler that looks for issues/problems when I travel because I contribute to travel reviews and I was concerned that I would be overly critical of CSA. NOT the case at all, but then again I fell right into the "no problem Mon" routine the second I got to the island.

Wife and I took a redeye to Jamaica through Charlotte, no issues at all other than as light delay out of CLT due to a seat not having a cushion on it. Through Customs & Immigration in under 10 minutes (Tuesday morning), time to stop in the lounge for for a quick beer, bathroom break and out the door to our private transfer with Presley from Rockys Taxi & Tours. Great trip to the Catcha Falling Star (review to follow) for a single night (we changed and added an extra night but the rate increase didn't make sense to go straight to CSA, but not an issue at all!!!) before we hit Couples. We arrived early the next morning, room (we did get our request of BFVS 3rd floor corner) wasn't ready but no problem Mon, we headed out to the beach, get drinks and find some old friends who happened to be at CSA for the next 2 days. We follow the path down to the beach and the very first person we run into was our friend. Hugs and hello's exchanged, drinks found and food in our belly. Room ready by 2:30, luggage delivered in the pouring rain at my request, clothes put away, swim suit on, quick jump in the ocean durin gthe rain and off to our friends 1st floor Premier Beachfront Suite patio, this is where we met my new favorite person in the world, Demar! He became our main man for the next 10 days and as far as I'm concerned he is family from this day forward! Drinks for a few hours on the patio in the rain (being from AZ we love to see rain), back to the room to get cleaned up for dinner at Feathers and some much needed romance. The trip is starting off great.

Friday our "old" friends left and our new friends we planned the trip with arrived, 2 great couples we love to death. So excited to show them the resort but also more excited to keep experiencing the resort with my great wife. Blowout day with the group, we lost 2 soldiers due to the fun, but 4 of us made the anniversary party that night. We met Randymon and some of his team, we also got to meet Mr. Issa whom we loved and many of the great staff. The party was absolutely perfect. I read a review recently where it said the food was terrible, in my best John McEnroe impression I'm yelling "you can't be serious!!" The food was extremely good, big shout out to the chef and the entire cooking staff, serving that much food, keeping it hot and fresh isn't easy. The desert station (and I'm not a sweets guy) was so good, my favorite was the chocolate pecan tarts!

One of the couples in our group renewed their Vows to celebrate their 30th anniversary. The planning staff was great, and I was asked to perform the ceremony by our friends. I know there were a lot of people watching because it wasn't the traditional ceremony, the bride and her two maids wore bikini tops and sarongs, while the groom, the other guy and myself (the Rev) wore kaki shorts and black Tommy Bahama shirts. The CSA minister wasn't to excited about the attire and said he wouldn't perform the service because of the bikini's. I'm licensed to perform a wedding so I mentioned to him that's why he wasn't involved, it was the wish of the bride to have a relaxed service and have fun! Randymon thanks for coming, I noticed you took a lot of pictures, any way to share them with us? Did I mention Demar and how great he was? He showed up after the kiss with 6 special drinks for us and posed for pictures with the bride & groom. The service was finished off with IceBlock singing a few songs, just a fun memorable time!

I could go on with many comments about each day but, I will not. Here are my positives;
Rooms were clean, comfortable and GREAT
Bathroom was great, a little dated but didn't want to spend much time in there!
Breakfast delivery was perfect
Bar & refrigerator stocking was perfect
Maid service was spotless, we left candy each day for them
Turndown service was great, they missed it one night but I think we were "busy" when they came by! LOL
THE BEACH (do I need to say anything else)
The bartenders, the office staff and wait staff at the restaurants.
Big shout out to Demar & Cindi at the beach bar and my favorite hostess Divya (I will help you anytime!)
SeaGrapes
Sunset Cat/booze cruise
The great Security Staff, thanks for protecting us!
Ultimate Chocolate and his sidekick "the Voice of the Future"
Lastly and not on purpose a man who made this trip special, IceBlock the beach musician, he is a good man, a great soul and now a friend!

Areas that need some improvements;
3 or 4 days the towels didn't show up at the waterSports hut until after 10:00 a.m.
The Grill Staff were not the friendliest
People who feel the need to pull their beach chair right next to yours when the resort is at 60% occupancy and then light us cigarettes!
Beach bar ran out of premium booze a few days by 1:00 and it didn't get restocked (not a big issue Demar found us the good stuff elsewhere!)
Mosquitos (I know this isn't a resort thing but still a pain)

All in all we loved this place, our group is already planning its next trip in 2014 back to CSA. I can honestly say that this trip to CSA EXCEEDED every expectation I ever had about the resort. Beautiful place with beautiful people! If our group pissed anyone off, sorry, if our wives upset you with the toplessness on the beach sorry, if the thongs were to much sorry, but we wouldn't do it any other way. We have hot wives and we all have been married for 25-30 years and all needed this vacation due rough work schedules and lives. RESPECT!

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Couples Swept Away in early October and had the time of our lives! I'd never been on a trip before that was so easy and carefree. The staff take such good care of you and make sure that you have what you need and are having a great time, and they are genuinely happy.

When we arrived at our rooms and saw that there was a "mini-bar request form" where you could write what you would like to have in your fridge (all-inclusive, of course), I thought I was in heaven! Another nice perk was having breakfast delivered to you in bed, or deciding to stroll down to the breakfast buffet. I often feel like all-inclusive resorts skimp on the quality of the food or the amount of alcohol in your cocktail, but they didn't skimp on either at Couples. They have several restaurants/cafes on the property and we tried out as many as we could, and all were great. (I really suggest making a reservation for Feathers restaurant for one night, too!)

The weather was great and the ocean was so beautiful. It's clear, teal, and warm!!! You can lounge on the water rafts forever and be extremely comfortable. (But you definitely need SPF there!)

I also loved the gym area - it's huge! I used the weight room, aerobic room and tennis courts while there and my boyfriend used those as well as the jogging track and the lap pool. It was nice to have those so we could keep active while away (and after eating all that good food.)

Enjoy Couples Swept Away!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!