This was our first time to Jamaica (we stayed 7 nights) and we had a great experience through this hotel. The hotel is located about an hour out of Montego Bay and they provided transportation to the hotel. Once at the hotel, we were escorted to our suite (used groupon and wasn't expecting a suite). Like many other Jamaican resorts, the rooms aren't new and need some refurbishing, but the room was very large and contained a fridge, stove, and sink along with a king bed, two full bathrooms and then two other murphy beds. The patio even had a table with 4 chairs, two hammock style chairs, and a sofa so there is plenty of space to relax outside.
The staff was excellent! They were always very helpful and friendly. By the end of the week many of the staff that we constantly interacted with knew our names and were on top of having drinks ready for us or even food. Breakfast is provided and it is always fruit, breads, eggs, veggies, coffee/juice, and other items. It was a pretty good way to start off the morning as you get to eat from the deck that overlooks the ocean.
The hotel is literally right on the water (from the bar the water crashes 2ft away). There are ample loungers and beach space, however, many of the loungers are old and the fabric is sagging. So some of the chairs are uncomfortable and they need to replace these chairs. They have security watching over the beach and we never had any problems with leaving our stuff in the seats as we went into the water. On Saturday night they had a welcome event with free drinks, food, music and even birthday celebrations for guests that will be having birthdays in the current month.
We used the staff to plan our trips and they were awesome! For a very reasonable price they took us everywhere we needed to go and the drivers even acted as tour guides on the sometimes long drives (many of the roads have large potholes and the roads are narrow) and provided history of the island and the areas we passed on the road.
They have WiFi in the lobby for free, but if there are about 8 people using it the service becomes shaky. Plenty of seating in the lobby as well.
All said, this was an excellent resort and we would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants easy access to the beach and an all around fun place to be.
- Also Known As:
- Negril Tree House Hotel Negril
- Negril Tree House Hotel
- Negril Tree Hotel
- Negril Tree Resort
- Negril Tree House Resort Jamaica
- Jamaica Tree House Resort
- Negril Tree House
- Negril Tree House Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laid-back family friendly property. Fabulous breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Negril Tree House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.