“Perfect Jamaican Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 91 hotels in Negril
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Perfect Jamaican Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed on the Negril Tree House Resort with friends in October. The rooms were very clean, spacious and private. The beach was less than a minute walk from our room and the grounds of the hotel were filled with well maintained flowers and trees.

The food and drink for sale from the resort restaurant were top drawer. The daily included breakfast featured a wide array of local Jamaican food as well as safer options for those less adventurous. We booked tours, taxis and airport transport through the hotel all of which exceeded our expectations.

The hotel is a close walk down the beach from other resorts if you're looking for some night time entertainment, food or drinks. We walked to a couple of local hangouts as well as the Margaritaville to watch Monday Night Football with feet in the sand.

We will certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I got a Living Social voucher to come here. It included a daily breakfast that was wonderful. It was different everyday, and had sufficient choices of authentic Jamaican food.

The location on seven-mile beach was excellent. The property was clean and pretty. The rooms were cute and tidy.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am new at reviews, but I had to share that we got this trip from livingsocial, I was skeptical at first but I can tell you that it was one of the best trips I have ever been on, and loved everything about this place. The relaxing atmosphere, beach, people, food, and of course the beauty of this place. The free breakfast is a huge assortment of food, the room was ALWAYS clean, and the people were always friendly and helpful. I loved the old school R&B that they played! I had the best time in Negril, and I will be returning to the tree house next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Aventura
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

What can I say. We have been going to the Negril Tree House for well over 15 years. Gail Jackson & her entire staff are much more than employees. They are like family. We have never ever had one complaint about this fantastic resort. We celebrated my 60th birthday & renewed our wedding vowels. Gail went above & beyond the call of duty by making this special event a success. Gail Jackson. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our 2nd stay in Negril and the first at the Treehouse. I really have nothing bad to say about it. The rooms were nicely done, very clean and our housekeeper was great (Laurnette). Checking in was easy and everything was clear and concise to us. We stayed in room 24 which I loved because it was back from the beach. I had no problems with the road noise as some others point out. The beach is lovely, yes a bit crowded but we had no complaints. We never had a problem getting towels or a lounge chair. The staff keeps too many "sellers" off the beach and away from you and those that do sell there wares/services leave once you say you're not interested. The water was beautiful and the beach kept clean. One reviewer mentioned building the bar in the water and was dissapointed about this. If they would have bothered to get some history on this fine resort they would know that this is what has happened over the years.
The beach bar and dining area is great, you can listen to the waves, the soft Reggae or join in a conversation at the bar. Leon was a great bartender. Debbie and Stacy were our usual servers and they're both wonderful. I liked the food at the bar alot - I ate almost all my meals there. Alan - the jerk chicken guy was great and served the best food.
The breakfast buffet was good, nice variety of things. The lines got held up by a very rude woman who would jump in front of the line and order 6 omelettes then butt her way in the line to get "other" things. The staff was very courteous to everyone including her even though some of the guests told her off one day.
Our transport to and from the airport was good.
I met Gail, the owner and she's a great lady who really cares about the service at the Treehouse.
All in all a great place to stay in Negril!! We will return! (ps - hate the wristbands but don't know of another way to keep the guests from the freeloaders).

Room Tip: corner suite #24 large and roomy with privacy outside.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

For eight days I was in paradise..my paradise! From a surprise birthday cake...to being a participant in a destination wedding from the owner Gail, to Cynthia behind the scenes, to all wonderful ladies at the desk..the staff the servers, chefs, bartenders and to the lovely housekeepers who made my bed with beautiful flowers on top THANK YOU!! If it's a resort chain your looking for, this is not for you. Traveled around the world and after my 3rd time in 20yrs here..it's more like staying on a large family compound surrounded by beautiful gardens (landscapers work very hard), other than long walks on the beach, a quick trip to the cliffs, I see no other reason to leave the Negril Tree House !! Barb 60

Room Tip: Garden View Room upstairs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Newport, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a great time here - multi-family stay. Everything was great (we did a social media deal for the trip). Okay, that aside, seriously, find "Moviestar" Chef Alan's "Moviestar" house for "Moviestars". It's on the beach right off the hotel lobby. This was easily the most tender, best tasting jerked chicken and pork we've found in Negril. Good prices. If I had found this place on the first day, I would have eaten there every meal possible. It's all hand-made, limited quantities, and cash only. If you're headed there, put it on a list. Don't forget. If you're there, stop reading and find out if he's open!

Room Tip: We had a large group, all paid the same rate, but there was a lot of variety in room size, not that...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Negril Tree House Resort? Share your experiences!