“Great stay for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Negril Tree House Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Boulevard | PO Box 29, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #13 of 91 hotels in Negril
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great stay for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My best friend and I really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a non-ocean view suite and it was humongous. 2 bathrooms, a large bedroom with king sized bed and 2 murphy beds in the 'livingroom'. We also have a mini kitchenette including a stove, fridge and microwave. The worst part: our neighbors were INSANELY loud. The best part: we complained to the front desk and they were very diligent in making sure the loud neighbors quieted down. Immediately. I couldn't have asked for better service and it is very apparent to me that all staff is very concerned about the customers enjoyment while here. I highly recommend this place. The beach is small but absolutely beautiful, and it's right on 7 mile beach, so you have miles and miles of perfect white sandy beach to walk.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view suites! But if they are all booked, you won't be disappointed with a non-o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

724 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Union, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was a perfect hotel. The website doesn't do justice to the rooms which have all been recently upgraded. I usually like an oceanfront room but choose a second floor garden room where i could enjoy the view of the beautiful garden setting and trees. This property is owner operated and the owner lives onsite. She is a delightful lady and we enjoyed getting to know her. It was my husband's 60th birthday and she had her staff make him a cake. The hotel is like being part of a "neighborhood"..very friendly. The staff is friendly, the restaurant food was good and the beach was right there to be enjoyed. This was my fifth time to Jamaica and I will be back.

Room Tip: The hotel only has two floors and I liked the second floor so you can enjoy the view of the gardens.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

this resort was so nice. from the pictures you really dont know, but honestly when you get there you will be amazed. the rooms are like little villas. each room has a hammock outside, so you can just enjoy the warm jamaican air on your patio. the rooms are nice. we booked a normal room, but i guess got upgraded to a suite? im not sure because our room had a full kitchen as well. I have no complaints about the room. if you are there for more then a couple of days you get to know the resort worker. for example, the maid that was assign to our room was so nice, and make sure to tip them during your stay or when you are leaving, they deserve it and are just so nice. the breakfast was great. you get to get breakfast while having a great view of the ocean. if I go back to Negril I'll def be staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel. My room was up a flight of stairs so I was delighted that there was someone to carry up all of my bags (I seriously overpacked). They offer a free buffet breakfast, which was awesome the first couple of days at least but by day 3 I was looking for some diversity. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything so you don't have far to walk and when you do want to explore, there were plenty of drivers there to shuttle you around. There were a couple of drawbacks like, the bed was hard, they forgot to clean my rooms a couple of days and they ran out of wireless receivers but none of it ruined my trip. In fact, I'll be returning in Sept.

Room Tip: Street noise can be heard from rooms in the 30s and higher (in the back).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I cannot think of staying anyplace else. Well l do but l never follow through because the Tree House meets all my needs. The location is ideal, the staff is wonderful, breakfast is a steal, the price is good. There is nothing pretentious about it. Very clean (not only looks clean but smells clean).
My favourite thing to do is hanging out at the bar (not necessarily drinking) and watching the sun set and the moon rise. I particular love the lushness of the vegetation. My only downside this trip was that there were not as many blooming flowers this time around. I think all the buds had been picked and placed in our room. While it was a nice touch, there were too many and l would rather have seen them on the plants than so many unopeneded buds in my room.
So many things to do and so many people to do it with. Norris for fair transportation, Captain Quality and his crew - kevin, Mark et al for Parasailing and jet skiing and sunset cruising, Alrick and Patrick for a smile at the bar, too many to name.
I love Negril and I love the Tree House.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room or one that is not in the midle of a traffic lane. That way you can open your w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Me and my fiance just got back from staying at the Negril Tree House. This is our second time here after 12 years. We found a great deal on Living Social and decided to celebrate our engagement with this trip. The minute we checked in we felt we were at our home away from home. All the staff are extremely nice and helpful with whatever you need. Customer service was great. Many of the guests we met were also returning guests. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The food here was great, especially the jerk chicken. Our favorite spot was the bar next to the beach. The bartenders were really friendly. You really can't get any better than this, beautiful beach, friendly staff and locals, and laid back environment.

Thank you Gail for another great stay, we'll be back soon.

Stephanie and Alex
MIAMI , FLORIDA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a week at the Tree House. The rooms were clean and the location was fantastic. We walked 7 mile beach in both directions and saw lots of characters. Tree House puts you in the middle of the action for sure. The food and service were great, and the Movie Star Chef was cool... food was hot. Pattie shack next door is worth a visit also... And don't miss going to Myrna's bar on the beach towards Negril... say hi to Maureen! Highly recommend this very cost effective resort.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Negril Tree House Resort? Share your experiences!