“Our 2nd stay and we will be back for a 3rd” 5 of 5 stars

Negril Tree House Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Norman Manley Boulevard | PO Box 29, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #16 of 88 Hotels in Negril
Clayton, North Carolina
“Our 2nd stay and we will be back for a 3rd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Wonderful and affordable Negril Jamaica Resort! My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon last year (August 2010) and went back this year (August 2011) along with 11 other friends for our anniversary. Great time was had by all. The staff at the Tree House are exceptional. They make your stay very relaxing. It's like a home away from home. Located on the gorgeous 7 mile Negril Beach. A hugh thanks to Gail and the Staff of The Tree House for making our Anniversary one to remember. Look forward to seeing everyone next August!

Room Tip: Great place for couples or bring the kids!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Stone Mountain, GA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have been to Jamaica many times, but this was my first time to Negril, and I'm glad i chose the Negril Tree House. A very nice hot breakfast with jamaican food and american food is included in the rates. My daughter loved the fried dumplings! I was told before arriving at the tree house that mangoes were out of season, but they had plenty of them for breakfast and a mango tree on property full of large heavy mangoes! They also have breadfruit trees on property. One of the staff, Davion, was able to get us roasted breadfruit for breakfast even though it was not on the menu that day! All the staff I met were very pleasant and helpful.

I thought I had a confirmed a basic one bedroom suite, but it was actually a 2BR/1.5BA with no living room. The rooms were very clean with plenty of hot water. There were screens on the windows so you can open them without worry of bugs or lizards coming in. My kids loved the little hammocks outside of the door. It seems each room has a hammock outside of it. My kids were the first ones in the ocean in the morning and the last ones out in the evening. The water in front of Negril Tree House is perfect! Very calm and clear, free of seaweed and rocks.

We were in room #2, on the ground floor, steps away from the lobby and also steps away from the beach. Looking out the door you can see the water and the bar which is on the beach. And, even though I was told that free wi-fi was only available in the lobby, it worked well from inside the room!

I liked that the atmosphere is very laidback and fun. Unlike a private all-inclusive, there is a lot going on on the beach. Depending on you, that may be a good thing or not. Watersports guys compete for your business. Hawkers walk by you offering everything from fresh fruit to CD's to portrait drawings. If you see the guy selling freshly baked patties before lunch time, buy some even if you are not hungry yet -- he sells out by 11:00am!

We ate at the Tree House and thought it was too expensive for the size serving, but it was tasty. We ate dinner one night at Cosmo's on the beach, also expensive, but big portions, and we all thought the food was really good there.

if you have a rental car, parking is free at Negril Tree House. Plan to leave extra early on the day of your return flight home because you will not want to leave and it will take time to tear yourself away. I can't wait to go back to Jamaica and stay at Negril Tree House again!

Room Tip: Room #2 for wi-fi
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Snellville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Negril Tree House was a great stay at an affordable price. Sitting right on the beach with adequate accomodations and convenient location. The staff was wonderful and made me feel at home! The service was great and the food was delicious. The real icing on the cake was the fact that the owner made herself available to her guest's and showed her appreciation of the fact that you chose her property as your vacation spot.

Kudos to you Gail and your entire staff!

Deidre and Rodney Bradley

Room Tip: The Garden View is really a nice choice!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This was my first time coming to Negril and was worried that I would make a poor choice in my hotel selection. My fears dissipated once I got to Tree House. The entire staff is extremely friendly. For example, since I went during a relatively slow season for Negril, I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a beach front room.

The rooms aren't fancy but they are extremely clean and quaint.

Tree House is also located right in the middle of 7 mile beach. Which allows you to readily explore both ends of the beach.

The complimentary breakfast was great - jamaican style with a mix of american food to please any and all.

Overall I had a wonderful and will definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Go during a season when it's not busy - be nice to the front desk and ask politely for an upgrad...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My sister and I took my mom, aunts and kids along with a group of friends and had the most excellent time. Ms. Cynthia and the entire staff were EXCELLENT ans i have to send a special shout out to Allen the chef who prepares the jerk chicken among other things at the grill. They were all AWESOME and real attentive and catered to our needs. I personally like the fact that they are a small hotel as everyone there will know your name and never forget you, this was my third trip there and i now nolonger feel like a tourist i am officially a JAMERICAN and i thank the treehouse for that honor that the locals bestowed upon my family and I, i am alrewady in the works planning my trip for next year. Again words cannot express the gratitude i have for everyone there and the staff again you ROCK...BEST HOTEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh by the way breakfast rocked as well with cereal, waffels, bacon, callilou and omlets made to order....

Room Tip: Talk to Ms. Cynthia she is the best and will give you the best deal...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
St Louis, MO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

After visiting Jamaica & Negril for over 20 years & primarily at Coco La Palm we felt it was time for a change & so glad we did! Negril Tree House (NTH) offers a more relaxed stay & allowed us to have Jamaican friends visit us without making them feel unwelcome. As a frequent traveler to Negril, I have made friends with hotel staff, beach vendors, musicians & locals I’ve met over the years & love to have them over to visit. Coco La Palm & Rondel Village require locals to check-in at front desk & copy or surrender their driver’s license or id before allowed on property & they must leave by 10pm. These hotels say this is for guest’s safety but I don’t agree with this policy & NTH agrees with me. I know these JA people & they are warm friendly wonderful people with a zest for life.
Now after trying Rondel Village & Negril Tree House, I have found my new Negril favorite hotel & it is Negril Tree House (NTH). Prices were similar for ocean front suite & NTH has 2 full sized bathrooms & separate bedroom from main room with kitchen including a stovetop & microwave & (frig like Coco). We loved having microwave & stovetop to warm leftovers or make food. Basic needs for eating or prepping food are in the room. NTH 2 large bathrooms with tub & shower were much appreciated with 2-3 women staying together. Having a separate bedroom meant I did not have to wear a Breatherite strip & could snore in my own room...LOL I was surprised how comfortable the 2 pull down twin beds were in front room & couches were very comfy too. No waiting for bathroom time was great, Coco does not have 2 bathrooms in any of their ocean view rooms. NTH staff cleaned rooms very good everyday & I rarely saw them but did a great job. I even had to seek out my maid so I could tip her.

NTH hot tub was not as large as Coco's but was warm & bubbly, enjoyed sitting under stars relaxing in NTH hot tub. NTH pool was clean, good size & on the beach & close to our Suite A. NTH did not hassle us about inviting local friends to visit us, Omar played his guitar for us, Frank his horn & locals did not have to wear a bright orange band or leave by 10pm. Taxis were as convenient as Coco & just as reasonably priced. NTH front desk staff were very welcoming to us, they showed us several rooms & we loved Suite A right on beach so we moved to NTH. The patio was incredible, swinging air chair, large table with 4 chairs & big leather chair to lounge in plus an electric outlet to plug our music into. No carrying lots of batteries anymore with outside electricity. No guests complained about our music & joined our group often. We met lots of wonderful guests there with variety of backgrounds etc. Lounge chairs were available on beach or they would bring up on our concrete deck.
Now the NTH breakfast buffet included with your room price was great for me, I always eat in morning & never went away hungry. Fresh fruit, local dishes, breads & pastries, JA coffee or tea or juices, meats like sausage or bacon, waffles made fresh & omelets made to order by Chef...all were yummy! Coco's continental (if you booked pkg) doesn't compare as their coconut muffins & breads were often dry, fruit small portion & JA coffee or tea is all you get.

NTH has free wi-fi in lobby area but did not work well in rooms, Coco does have wi-fi in most rooms (not sure if free). Large open lobby in NTH was enjoyable vs small Coco lobby with a/c. NTH breakfast restaurant is above the lobby & has a great view from 2nd story & they have beachfront restaurant/bar for lunch or dinner or room service. NTH is very close to Norma's restaurant & we always enjoy eating lunch & dinner there...Coconut chicken is my favorite & my friends love their seafood. Country Country, Sharela's & Margaritaville are close by too & other options to eat but Margaritaville is too American for me & too many tourists bus in from MoBay. Kuyaba is long walk so we called their free shuttle & ate there twice...very good food. Lots of cheap places to eat in Negril including Best in the West jerk hut, Montana's, Miss Sonia's, JahB's or my favorite patty man who bicycles most days up the beach.

While beach location at Coco is preferred because closer to the bars, NTH won my heart with many other features. NTH garden rooms are not very big but okay if you're not spending much time inside, we spent most of our time outside on our large patio or floating in the ocean but I did love having large rooms when we entertained friends or guests (lucky no rain). I did not hear any road noise at NTH & their A/C worked great but I slept with just ceiling fan on & went to sleep hearing ocean waves...Ahhh it was such a relaxing vacation that I can't wait to return late this Summer. So if you're looking to try a locally owned hotel with more of a JA feel, try Negril Tree House! It is not the fanciest but if I wanted super fancy I would go to the all-inclusive but then you miss the Real Jamaica feel!

Room Tip: Book direct w/Negril Tree Hse for Suites oceanfrt.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I enjoyed the Nut Tree it's in between everything, and the staff was great. I went to relax and do whatever whenever, and that's what I did. But my nieces had a different agenda, which was to stay busy and party. The Nut Tree is near or in the middle of everything, all you have to do is ask.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Negril Tree House Resort? Share your experiences!