“Not the Best Course in Jamaica” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Negril
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Hilly course with a beautifully landscaped green, offering a very challenging shot at the ninth hole.
montreal
17 attraction reviews
“Not the Best Course in Jamaica”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

It's a fun course to play as there are lots of rolls (as the name suggests) however there are no coastal views and the course itself is just a bit better than average. That said it's not as costly as some of the more upscale alternatives on the island. Worth playing once if you're staying in Negril.

Visited October 2011

Northwestern Ontario
3 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable course for novice and experienced golfer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I golfed at Negril Hills as part of the package at Couples Swept Away. Green fees were covered but we paid for a mandatory caddy, cart, and beverages and tips. Both of us brought our own clubs. I'm a novice golfer and thoroughly enjoyed the five mornings we spent golfing because of the relaxed atmosphere. Our caddy, Megan, was wonderful and knew every inch of the course. My husband found the course challenging but the par fives short. There were a few maintenance issues such as water on edges of the greens and large rocks in the bunkers (hence the four out of five). Fairways were well-maintained but pretty narrow so accuracy is a must. A cart is not necessary, but with the heat (30 C or so) and the hills, walking would be a tough slog. We thought the scenery was beautiful and it was a great way to spend part of the day.

A note on the caddies - we bought beverages throughout the day for ours which was very much appreciated. And we brought a few snacks. A nice gift/tip might also be golf towels - some of them looked like they could use replacing.

Overall, it was a very nice course. If you are used to a fancy country club Negril Hills might disappoint you. But if you are looking to relax and play a few rounds while on vacation I highly recommend it.

Visited January 2012
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Great round of golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was very impressed with this course and our caddy was very good. He was able to help us enjoy our round even more. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2011
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
“Fun day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed at Couples Swept Away. The green fees were included with my stay so I played twice. I walked both times with a caddy. Caddies were great and were helpful. The best way to experience this course is walking but if your out of shape it can really kick your butt. VERY hilly, but thats what makes it a worthwhile course. The corse wasn't in the best of shapes but the price was right and it was an interesting and fun course. Not real long from the tips but it does require shotmaking, you can't just blast away. Forget what hole, may have been the 9th, but the hardest green I ever putt on when the pin is up front. 5 putted, with my first one going 15 yards off the green! Fun day!

Visited November 2011
Dublin, Ireland
11 attraction reviews
“Nice course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Clubs that you rent are not great, bring your own, or pay for better set.
Everything else is good.