“A truly unforgettable experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Negril Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Aqua Negril Resort
You added Aqua Negril Resort to your Saves list
Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #7 of 38 Negril B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“A truly unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

From the moment you'll step in the tropical lobby of Aqua Negril, you'll know that you've made the right choice. Everything there is soothing, from the impressive and exquisite artwork collection to the constant breeze generated by the vintage fans. The rooms are beautiful, refined and replete with everything you can possibly need for a perfect beach vacation, down to the aloe vera lotion. Liz and Ken's discreet presence and attention to details are simply amazing and make you feel like a million bucks. Just wait to try Liz' home made granola and yogurt and mark my words, you will feel the love!
Unlike most Caribbean resorts, the stunning beach is not the star of the show here, but part of the experience. Believe me, sipping Liton's delicious pina coladas whilst watching stingrays play in the crystal-clear waters of Negril Beach's lagoon is as close to paradise as you can get. Without doubt, one of the best vacations we've ever had. Thank you so much, Ken and Liz!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Without doubt, one of the best vacations we've ever had. Everything was perfect, from the beachfront location to the enormous beds. Ken and Liz, along with their whole staff, do everything to make their guests' stay perfect. Their breakfasts change daily and all are phenomenal. The bar is stocked with 50+ varieties of rum. The beach is private, so you're not hassled by the many salesmen who roam the beach, which does happen at most other places. We had planned to get out into the island and sight-see but in the end we just couldn't bear to leave Aqua's creature comforts! If you're looking for a loud party atmosphere with lots of other tourists, there are hundreds of other places in Jamaica that you'll prefer. If you're looking for the ultimate in Caribbean relaxation, you won't find better than Aqua Negril.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Ken & Liz have thought of everything, from Aloe Vera after sun care in the bathroom, which my husband used after getting sun burnt, to the ear plugs in the bedroom, which I used because I can't sleep with the sounds of the birds in the early morning.

We have travelled from Thailand to Dubai & many destinations. We can truly say that Aqua Negril has met up to all their standards plus more.

The pictures you see on the web site are what you get and more. You just cannot get this individual service anywhere else. We stayed for 5 days.

The breakfast is to die for, from Lobster to ache & salt fish with different fruits every day, not forgetting the eggs & bacon etc.

When Ken & Liz serve you breakfast they explain to you what you are eating & how it's cooked sometimes the fruits are picked from the land, not forgetting Liz's homemade oats with dried fruits and homemade yogurt, I had it every day!

The house is on the beach, less than a minute from your room to the sea, the sand is so white & the sea is crystal blue. The staff is very friendly, big thank you to (Andre & Linton) the bartenders we loved the drinks. You could leave your bags on the sun chairs & the security Guards would take care of it while you swam its very safe place to stay.

I could write a book but I guess I better leave some surprises for you to enjoy... Have a great time!

Room Tip: We stayed in Rhapsody room, very comfortable & tastefully decor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Really, they are! My hubby and I stayed there 3 nights in July 2010 (the calendar wouldn't go this far back and I'm never really quick at posting reviews) and let me tell you: we received the royal treatment - though everyone does there!
We booked the sea foam room for 3 nights thru email - Liz and Ken were very responsive and friendly from the start. They arranged for a chauffeur to pick us up at the airport and he was very friendly. We arrived on a Friday night, really looking to relax for a few days as I had just finished my 1st trimester of pregnancy. After spending a little time on the beach and grabbing a light dinner, we headed for our room to catch some Zs. Unfortunately, around 1am, we're awaken (or should I say, my husband is awaken and thus wakes me) by loud base sounds (and vibration). Needless to say he wasn't very happy. The next morning, we woke up and went to check out what was going on, there is a disco about 75 meters away and somehow, my hubby could hear it. Well when we mentioned it to Ken and Liz, they felt so terrible, I actually felt bad telling them! They moved us to another room immediately eventhough it was the very first time they had this issue. Not that the first room was bad, but from here on out, it was paradise. Each breakfast was simply delicious, we tried everything and you very much should do the same, Liz is simply a fantastic cook! The hotel is very relaxing and very distinguished from the other hotels on the beach. It stands out because it is so classy but relaxed at the same time. This is negril and a public beach so people tend to walk up and try to sell you stuff...but not at aqua, the security is such that people simply cant.

My sister and her boyfriend were actually staying a few hotels down (Aqua was a little out of their price range as they were staying 10 days instead of our 5). the few times we went to visit them, we were accosted by a dozen people trying to sell us stuff. Same when they would come. But we decided we liked the aqua bar better, even when we checked out, we kept on going back, we loved everything there! The bartender was the nicest lady (the chauffeur is her husband) and made us the nicest cocktails (virgin for me of course) - once I asked for one of the local sodas. I didnt realize they didn't actually have it at the bar until I saw Ken come back with it, he'd ran to the local store to get it! I mean, it has been a while so I do not remember all the many ways Ken and Liz overdid it for us, but I can tell you that they made our Negril trip, plain and simple!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Royersford, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

From the first communication with Ken and Liz the amazing owners of Aqua, to our return trip home from this paradise property in Jamaica - it was nothing but first class. So much more fun and relaxing then an all-inclusive resort - my wife and I and our friends who also stayed at Aqua were treated like royalty.
The rooms are incredibly roomy, fresh and comfortable. The layout of the entire property is just perfect - as you are only a few steps away from the best stretch of sand on the beach. I recommend getting one of the rafts they have, getting a great drink from the bar (so many to choose from and made to order) and just floating in the most relaxing water ever! A nice walk on the beach, maybe some more drinks and some great conversation with the bartenders Andre and Linton . . . It all makes for a tremendous vacation.
The breakfast prepared by Liz is second to none. The accessibility to some very fine dining in the evening is pretty convenient. And the entire atmosphere is exactly as you would expect - relaxed, friendly and first class.
I tip my hat to the wonderful owners and I am very hopeful we can make a return trip soon. I would never do all-inclusive again as long as there is a place like Aqua, Negril.

Room Tip: Although the Blue Oasis is amazing, the other rooms are equally nice and very comfortable. Not a bad...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Everything at Aqua is perfect. From the charming well appointed rooms to the 4 course gourmet breakfast to their prime beach location...I fell in love with Aqua and its owners Ken and Liz and I did not want to leave. I can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Aqua Negril for a minute trip for some much needed R&R. If I can summarize this place in a word, I would say it's special. Right from the moment we made it on the grounds, we were greeted by the owners, Ken and Liz, we knew this place was different. Aqua Negril is a fabulous place to stay. So much attention to detail was put into the accommodations/house and the grounds itself - right down to the teak pillars. We stayed in Rhapsody in Green, which was fantastic like the rest of the rooms; great fixtures, clean and tastefully appointed, down to the quality bath products - Rusk.

We travel a lot and stay in really nice places, but the one thing that set Aqua Negril apart from the rest (in my mind) is the hospitality. We really did not want to leave. Liz and Ken are such interesting and wonderful people. Liz's breakfasts are out of this world, and I miss them to this day. If you're a lover of heat -- definitely don't miss out of her Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce!

Aqua Negril is located on the 7 mile beach in a great location, and is by far the most luxurious that we saw on the stretch. We'll miss our 2 lone chairs and umbrella overlooking the blue waters - ready and waiting for us every morning. The Bar at Aqua Negril is open to the public, and during our stay we found the same people visiting everyday - wishing they could stay here. As an aside, Linton's (bartender) Pina Colada is the best on the beach.

We miss Aqua Negril already, and most importantly it's people. Thank you Liz and Ken (and all the staff) for making us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Negril Resort? Share your experiences!