“love it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Been here twice and it never disappointing! Rody took care of us the first time out and the following his sin Shadrock took care of us. Best place for some sip and festival! i have made it a goal of mine to always come back to this spot whenever in Negril! Big ups and one love to all of the Ras Rody family!

• Visited September 2012

94% Recommend
Bend
“So Glad We Stopped There!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

What a wonderful place for local vegetarian food. Shadrock, our cook and server the three times we ate there was so enjoyable to talk to. We learned about the food he cooked and how the different foods help our bodies. It was just so comfortable to sit and eat at the little roadside restaurant while visiting with the locals who stopped by. Ros Rody's was one of our very favorite places!

Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cool place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have wanted to try this place for over a year and finally did. It was good. The lady made a box sampler of everything she had that day along with a cup of soup for $8. It was all very good. Not sure if I would go back or not

Visited May 2013
Portland, Maine
“Nice people and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If there's a catagory for the smallest restauant in the world this place has to be in the top ten. We were staying at Banana Shout and Rodys was closed the first two days that we were there and we thought we might not get to try it, but on the third night they opened up. What a cool little place! Rody himself was in the states but he left it the very capable hands of his family. We ordered 2 samplers to go and sat with the family for a while sipping some of the best soup ever. His son explained everything about the food and loaded up two huge containers of food that we brought back to our room and devoured everything. I am far from a vegetarian but this was one of the best meals I've had and coupled with very gracious service. It's become one of our favorites among all of the great places on the West End.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Best vegetarian food in Negril”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Its been about 4 weeks since our trip to Negril and we are still craving Ras Rody's food. That's how much we loved it!

My husband and I are vegetarians, so I always make a list of restaurants that serve vegetarian or vegan food. And Ras Rody's was on my list. One afternoon we decided to try out Pure & Natural and took the local cab. We were starving and hoping to eat some yum food. But to our disappointment, Pure & Natural was closed as it was good friday. We decided to walk back and look for restaurants that were open. It was a hot day and I was very close to fainting and then I read the name Ras Rody's! I have never been that happy in my life.

We decided to get the bean and pumpkin soup and assorted meal box. The bean soup was satisfying and creamy. We loved the callalloo, pumpkin curry, cabbage curry and the soy chunks. It tasted even better with the hot sauce. Shadrock explained how he cooks in the morning and adds coconut to make the curries rich and creamy. The turmeric along with the coconut provided an amazing flavor to the dishes.

All our meals were packed with flavour, nutritious, cheap and felt like it was home cooked food. Added bonus was sitting on a bench, right by the road and not caring about anything in the world except Ras Rody's food. One of the best vegetarian meals I have had outside India.

• Visited March 2013