“Excellent Villa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Breeze Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negril
Tropical Breeze Villa
You added Tropical Breeze Villa to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Ranch   |   Private lane | Westmoreland, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #24 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Negril
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Excellent Villa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This guesthouse was excellent. A large group of us went down and we had splendid time. The owner Karen called several times to make sure we were enjoying our stay. This isn't typical in Jamaica. She really cares about her guests. The house itself has several washrooms (with hot water!) and a fully equipped kitchen. The swimming pool is large and clean with great views. There are fruit trees growing all over the grounds and the beauty is breath taking. The beach is a few minutes walk, lots of stores and banks nearby. When staying on the beach getting around is a pain - but not here - everything is in easy reach.
The kitchen was one of my highlights. It really has everything you need to make great meals. The fridge is large enough to keep both food and beer (lots of beer) and its cold (once again not typical in Jamaica). As an aspiring chef it was fun to walk down to the fruit/vegetable stands just a few steps from the gate. The ladies that sell explained to me how to cook everything they sold. They let me try all the fruits I had never tried before. I was was in a very happy place, here. Then I took the five minute walk to the fish market, hoping to buy some Red Snapper. That day the Red Snapper weren't biting so instead I bought some Silver Snapper. What a stroke of luck - it was terrific! Its easy to make great meals with the fresh ingredients only a few steps away.
The hosts were Nolan and Sophie. You can't find more friendly warm people anywhere. I would say they really did make our stay memorable. We wouldn't have had half the experience we did without them. Nolan and I cooked a few meals together (he is a blue ribbon cook himself). If you don't feel like cooking, he will gladly cook for you. His jerk chicken and jerk pork are 5 star! If you need something special, or need a quick ride some where, no problem. We arrived as guests and left as friends.
A few other things about staying at Tropical Breeze...Wi-fi works great, there is AC (but we didn't ever use it), there are no plastic chairs (chairs are wicker and much more comfortable than plastic...I hate plastic chairs). Speaking of furniture, the pool deck has all brand new loungers and chairs. Very nice. There weren't any kids on the property before us, but the kids were made to feel very welcome and there was plenty for them to do. The beds were really comfortable and the whole place was spotlessly clean. The front patio is where we spent most of our time, just seems to be the meeting place.
All in all this was the best, most fun, place I have stayed in Negril (been 8 times) and I will stay there again next time. It's a Jamaican experience, but miles above average.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
karenhill007, Owner at Tropical Breeze Villa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
What a fantastic review! This is coming from someone whom has been to the island many times and stayed in many different types of resorts from hotels to guest houses. The staff at Tropical Breeze does their very best to make you feel right at home from the moment you arrive. As the owner I always call several times during a guests stay to inquire how their stay is going. wonderful location as this reviewer mentions, close to the beach and all amenities He loved the fresh fruit stalls, right in our lane, how convenient! thanks again for the amazing review< I couldn't be happier!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

PROS: The house is ok if you aren't going to spend a lot of time in it. It is clean and has good sunlight. Bedrooms have nice large closets. The pool is very very nice. The beach is close, only a 10 min walk. There is plenty of good food nearby. Taxis are plentiful as well. The house is very well situated. CONS: There is NO AC in most rooms. Only two bedrooms have AC. The "living room" and other bedrooms have nothing, just a fan. So if it is hot, you are in big trouble. There is no insect netting on the main door, so you can't even leave the door open to cool the house. If you sit outside on the nice porch, you have to worry about the insects. Next to the house is a very loud nightclub. So if you can't sleep with noise, bring earplugs. You can't close the windows since you need to cool the room. You will be annoyed by the lack of mirrors in the bedrooms, especially when you are trying to get dressed to attend a wedding. BEST THING ABOUT THE HOUSE: The staff, Nolan and Sophie, are awesome. They were both very very helpful. Nolan is a very good cook so you should have a few home cooked meals. Nolan gave us a lot of rides around town. Sophie did a great job of keeping things clean. The two of them made our week much more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2011
karenhill007, Owner at Tropical Breeze Villa, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
All of the bedrooms in the villa now have an a/c unit in each of the rooms. As well the lighting in the bathrooms has been upgraded.
Karen (owner)
Townville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

The guest house consists of 4 bedrooms (2 with AC) and 2 bathrooms. It has a good kitchen, but no real living areas except for the front porch with two tables. We spent most of our time at the guest house on the porch. They have good Wi-fi (even reaches the pool). The have a real nice swimming pool and deck with two tables. As it is located in town, you have lots of street noise and music from all directions until all times at night. BRING EARPLUGS! We enjoyed our time at the guest house. It is less than a 10 minute walk to the 7 mile beach. The cleaning lady comes about every 5 days or so and does a light cleaning and changes the sheets, towles, etc.. There are long term guests living upstairs (she does hair out of the apartment), but are quite quiet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester,CT.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

The house is in a secluded area of Negril closeby to the roundabout that diciphers beach from cliff. There is no ocean view at all. I am now reading about this pricetag of $300.00-$350.00 per night with a 3 night minimum. THAT PRICE IS INSANE. I paid $20.00 a night, so how Karen decided to up the rate over 150% is unreasonable. The rooms are very plain and only one that is underneath the house has it's own PRIVATE bathroom that is nice, but it is not worth $300.00 a night. I stayed in that room and came home from a show one night and saw a rat the size of a route taxi.
The Rasta that ran the property while Karen was in Canada was wonderful. He minded his own business and was very hospitable and would give you a ride or assist you with ANYTHING you asked of him including airport transfers. She is lucky to have him helping her out. Do not get caught up in the drama of having her ask you to spy on "him" for her either. Not only is it unprofessional, but if it was not for him, the place would be uninhabitable. I stayed there once with no problem. The next time when I arrived, Karen was "SURPRISED" to see me and had to move some Jamaican woman so I could have a room. Then that lady was vexing at me and it was not my fault. The vibes were then horrible and I never went back. There are cheaper and much nicer places to stay than this house with rooms to rent. For $2,000.00 a week, you could rent an amazing villa right on the beach or right on the cliffside, where you can fall asleep to the sound of the sea. Negril is a place where you can show up with cash in one hand and name your own rate.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
The woman whom placed this review was renting rooms without my knowledge from the "wonderful" rasta she speaks of on the property, hence the reason she was charged $20.00 per night, and hence the reason I was unaware of her presence when renting another room. What business can afford to operate on renting rooms for that rate/ The person whom she was speaking of has been replaced with a fantastic on site managament team of Nolan the chef and Sophie the housekeeper. We are an eight minute walk from the start of the seven mile stretch of beach Negril is famous for and no point in my advertising do I claim that I am directly on the beach. As well I have moved away from the room rental aspect and chosen to go with groups whom take the entire villa,5 - 6 bedrooms with gorgeous pool, housekeeping and chef for very reasonable rates. The villa sleeps up to 11 persons.
Hatboro, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Having just come home from 2 wonderful weeks in Negril all I can say is I want to go back as soon as possible. The house is centrally located right between the West End and the 7 mile beach. The room was spotless, the hospitality wonderful. The kitchen had everything you could want to prepare meals and if you want someone to cook for you, I can tell you Jackie makes a great chicken dinner. I enjoyed the pool every day and Jackie made sure that I had everything I needed. She even went the extra mile and found an extension cord long enough to reach the pool so I could have music while I floated the day away on my raft.

Right down the street are the fruit vendors and the fish seller too. Supermarket and Cambio right around the corner plus just a few minutes walk to the beach makes this house desirable. AND the price can't be beat! If you are looking to experience the real Jamaica and still be near all the tourist stuff this is the house for you.

• Stayed March 2010
Paderborn,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Just returned form our stay at this fantastic Villa. We were a group of 11 adults, part of a Big 30 year reunion of about 65 friends coming in from Europe, States, and other Caribbean Islands. All members of our group are experienced and relaxed travellers, which meant this Villa, suited us down to the ground. It is bright, clean, well-maintained, and spacious & value for money. We had many visits and hosted a few parties at the lovely terraced pool, including a hilarious mass water Volley ball competition. (It’s a pity photo's can not be posted). The majority of our visitors resided beach side in hotels off all categories, but as a whole envied our relaxed off beach location. We couldn't be more satisfied. The villa is exactly as shown on this site. It's beautiful, peaceful, and made for a wonderful holiday

Some Info

The Villa is in a quiet residential area cul-de-sac with no through traffic, with all the local amenities, Shops, Banks, Cambio, Restaurants, local market all within a few minutes walking distance. The Beach is about 5 mins. walking to the start of the 8 mile beach front, the rest is up to you.

The grounds are well kept, with a lot of local vegetations, Ackee, Bread Fruit, Banana, even Scotch Bonnet Pepper tree, a large terraced with a wonderful cool breeze especially in the evening.

Everybody found their rooms adequate and functional, we are not talking luxury, but then again we neither booked nor paid for luxury accommodation. The kitchen had everything we needed although apart from breakfast very rarely used. A big thank you to Jacquie who looked after us well, and even went shopping with some of us to Savanna la mar Local Market.

We have loved our stay at Tropical Breeze and Negril in general and would recommend our friends to stay here if they're visiting - I think that's the best satisfaction measure for anywhere
Don’t you?
We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Grand Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We really enjoyed staying at Tropical Breeze. The location is close to everything, the beach, Negril center, grocery, food...yet quiet. The grounds are beautiful, the caretaker Bobby takes great pride in this! He was eager to share his knowledge with us, of the flora and fauna and Jamaica in general. Never too busy to help in any way he could. We loved the pool, we were in it several times a day! The view is awesome, the pool is elevated, we sat and watched as a few afternoon storms came in. The grounds and the house are well taken care of, very neat and tidy. Staying here we mixed with the general Jamaican popultaion. We had a wonderfully relaxing trip! "A Truly Jamaican Experience".
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropical Breeze Villa? Share your experiences!