“A must for a romantic dinner”
Review of Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

West End Road, Negril 3022, Jamaica
876-9570390
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #9 of 135 restaurants in Negril
Certificate of Excellence 2013
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients

92% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Adelanto, California
“A must for a romantic dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Out on the cliffs near Rick's Cafe. Beautiful location. Great staff. Excellent food.
Prices are very reasonable. Dinner for two plus appetizer was less than $60.00 US.
We had a great table overlooking the cliffs.
We went at night. The drive through the central part of Negril was a little scary.
We pulled up to a big green gate on a dark, narrow street. Our driver honked. Someone opened a peep hole to see who was there. Our driver told us to get out so they could see us. Then the gate opened. A security guard came out... Looked around and then waved us in. He pointed into the darkness and told us to follow the path. (Gulp)... We did. The path was dark... But once your eyes adjusted... The ambient light was plenty. It meandered down hill for about 40 or 50 yards and then it opened up to a very nice hillside bar under a palm thatched roof. When they found out we were there for dinner, they escorted us through the bar out to the cliffs to a candle lit table overlooking the ocean. Simply breathtaking.
Service was great. At the end of dinner I handed the server the card of our taxi driver. She called him for us. By the time we paid the bill and walked back up the path... We only had to wait a few minutes for our car to arrive.
I can't think of a single complaint.
If we ever come back to Negril... We will visit Ivan's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“An after thought on Ivan's upon my second visit two months later”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I returned to Negril two months after my first trip in March. After many disappointing dining experiences I decided to return to Ivan's. The staff was just a friendly as the first time I visited. The place was empty and I learned that this was because they have entered their low season. I had the same server and this time I told her that my fish was overcooked on my first visit. She made every effort to make sure that it was cooked to my liking and indeed it was. I would return to Ivan's whenever I go back to Negril if not only for the service. Romain and Bradley at the bar remembered me from my visit in March which says a lot since hundreds of guests pass through their door. The above mediocre food is worth it when the service is respectful and kind.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A delightful romantic meal under the stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We considered doing the Night of 100 Candles but in the end we booked a table on the patio overlooking the water. I would recommend arriving closer to 5pm then we did as you will catch a beautiful sunset. We tend to find ot hard to get off the beach so early so arrived closer to 830 when it was already dark. I was disappointed with our table considering we had booked a month early and then followed up when we arrived in Negril. Make sure you are specific when booking a table and request one of the more romantic settings overlooking the water. We enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Especially the cocktails, lobster thermidor and the curry dishes.

Visited January 2013
texas
“Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had dinner here. This restaurant is all about the ambiance. Our table was over looking the beach. There is also a table that sits treetop. If possible, reserve that table. It was absolutely beautiful. Then there's the 100 candle table. We counted, and there were actually 100 candles.

The food was good but not the best we had in Negril.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Several people suggested Ivan's from our hotel so we went for dinner one night - although the service was good I would not recommend visiting. The quality of the food was poor, and it was not reflective of the Jamaican cuisine we were hoping for. Very disappointing

Visited June 2013