“Relaxing Rooms on the Beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

Save Saved
You added SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril to your Saves list
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   7-Mile Beach | Norman Manley Boulevard, PO Box 25, Negril, Jamaica   |
Special Price
40% off room rate
Ranked #43 of 91 Hotels in Negril
MA
“Relaxing Rooms on the Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Rooms on the Beach was wonderful. Anyone contemplating a stay at this hotel...contemplate no further. Hotel is spotlessly clean, comfortable and affordable. Continental breakfast is more than sufficient consisting of toast, cake, muffin, fruit and your choice of hard boiled egg or cereal, plus tea or coffee and orange juice and glass of water daily. Beach is shaded by palms in many areas, sea is beautiful. Lounges are plentiful. There is a pool on site. Security is tight. Hotel is situated within walking distance of many restaurants and bars. Rooms have flat screen tv, hair dryer, beds are comfortable, towels plenty. Staff is very hospitable. Enjoyed my stay at Rooms and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in Negril!! Will definently stay at this location again!

Room Tip: Bring bug spray as sand fleas are hungry at dawn and dusk!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Okay, we visited Rooms May 2011 and decided to return December 11 - 17, 2011. We actually had a cruise planned (#11) and cancelled it to return. Anyway, our trip was about as close to perfect as it gets.

We used JUTA to get us from MBJ to rooms. Simone was very helpful with our reservations. We paid $18 pp each way and had no wait to speak of at the airport.

When we got to Rooms, we felt at home again. As soon as we were out of the van, the security guard ran over and gave us a welcome back hug. I am terrible with names, but she is the sweetest little gal. We checked in and were given room 2501 which was a winner! The last time we had an OF, but this was as good, if not better.

We had plenty of hot water for those who are worried about reviews. Breakfast has improved with a bowl of fruit being added to the free breakfast and a choice of cereal or boiled egg. The fruit is an excellent touch. The only thing we missed during this week was coffee for the coffee maker. We were told that the hotel had ran out, but we still managed to snag some here and there from housekeeping, always decaf though.

With that being said, there was no real issue all week other than we had to pack to come home at the end of the week. Like I said, we were home. The staff treated like long lost family. Everyone from the front desk to Kelvin at the restaurant/bar. BTW, Kelvin is a wealth of knowledge. The beach is kept very clean.

And of course, the vendors are still there on the beach. They too, remembered us!!! I don't know how many welcomed us back. Even the ones selling the "goods", many remembered us because we don't smoke or drink, but still took time to chat. There is a lobster guy you do not want to miss...$13 for 2 of the best lobsters my husband has ever had with lime provided to squeeze on top. We found him from a guy who was eating up to 5 a day (5 for $20). There is one really BAD lobster guy and the guards will let you know to stay away.

Please, do NOT be scared to go out and meet people and see things. We have made so many friends. Winston sells jerk chicken to the R when leaving the front of the hotel and the fruit stand is there with him. Both guys are like family now. There is also little Italian Restaurant just down from there on the left. Well worth the short walk. Try the first appetizer and some rasta pasta.Of course we had great service and I promised to mention.....Sabrina, Samantha. I am TERRIBLE with names. Any way, great little restaurant. We also went into town only to find several of the boats getting stuck in the channel due to low water. They go through and into the river for protection. My husband jumped right down and helped get 3 of the boats through. He had a great local experience and I got some great pics.

We also did "Meet the People"sponsored through the Jamaica travel and tourism. It needs some fine tuning, but we are really glad we did it. We were setup with a local family, a young couple, both 23,with two little girls....that we fell in love with. We went to their house to see how they live, she fixed us lunch and we brought them back to the hotel to swim and play on the beach. That was a day I will never forget and we now have kids/grandkids in Jamaica.

The only negative in writing this review is telling you how great Rooms on the Beach is that we don't want everyone going there and we have to deal with no vacancy. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have stayed in three different beach hotels in Negril, and toured at least a dozen others. Rooms is the best value and experience, welcome and pampered by a truly friendly staf, great bar, great spot on the beach.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Only good comments to say about our 7 night stay at Rooms on the beach . Good security at the main entrance, Andrea is her name and Scott at the front beach. We first met Kelvin the barman and in the morning the nice smile of Shanelle for the continental breakfast, we'll never forget her good hug before we left . The only negative thing we have to mention is the wi-fi access. They do have free internet at the front desk, but they should provide free wi-fi access for their guest. Most resorts and restaurants around provide it to their client. Very clean resort, nice staff, beach is wonderful and close to good restaurants on the beach and accross the street. You have to go to Alfred's and Italian Cafe. We loved our garden view room on the second floor. We recommend this resort for the low price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at Rooms on the beach earlier this year in May with my husband. We stayed here for 7 nights, I wasn’t too sure what to expect as it was so cheap! We paid for the standard garden room which is the only option and were given a beach front room with amazing views. The room was just a plain simple room but was very clean and serviced daily, the bathroom is nice and has been updated recently. We didn’t get up early enough for the free breakfast but they serve food all day and the prices are quite cheap! The restaurant food was really nice, we ate here most of our stay (i recommend the Festival bread and ackee dip as a snack-very nice!) The hotel is in a great location, close to everything with lots of night life around.. Margaretville is about 10 minutes walk down the beach which also has very nice food and regular concerts. The security here was great, i was sitting on the concrete wall and had some boys come up to me and she told(yelled) them to go away straight away and she also told people who came up to the concrete wall trying to sell you stuff to go away.. i recommend to sit behind the wall if you want some peace as on the beach there are a lot of people trying to sell you stuff and it can get annoying, just a simple 'no thanks' usually does the trick but don’t ignore them or be rude as they find this very disrespectful. The hotel also has a laundry which came in handy. The only thing I would complain about is the noise, Our room was on an ocean view so it was close to the restaurant, pool and beach, the workers in the restaurant could be quite loud in the mornings, it will be ok if you plan on getting up before 8am but I sleep in until at least 10 on holidays so it was a little bit annoying.. Overall I had a great stay here and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

The most pleasant female security meets you at the gate upon arrival. I never got her name, but HR got it right when they hired her. This female security guard at the main entrance, really gets it. She understands hospitality completely. I would have to say she is the most pleasant of all the staff I came in contact with during my stay. I'm so sorry I never got her name. This is not to say that the other staff members were unfriendly, but this female security guard really stood out. She works the morning shift I believe as I arrived Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 3pm, check-in time to an unexpected welcome that was just not expected coming from a security guard.

The Hotel offers great value for your money. The water pressure in the room however was extremely low.Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I recommend it to others? Yes.

I failed however to bring to the attention of the staff about the VERY low water pressure coming from the shower, it slipped my mind. Sorry :-(

You definately, nonetheless, get value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for the room over-looking the pool, but there's only one such room as this is a very small h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I just returned from vacation and enjoyed my stay at rooms. The only problem was the continental breakfast. It was horrible, they only allowed you one glass of juice and when we requested orange juice they said they were all out and only had pineapple juice. The toast was the best part of the breakfast. The hard boiled egg was cold I didn't even bother to crack the egg. One slice of limp banana bread was given which was ok. I believe the coffee and toast was the best part, my fiance couldn't help but laugh with the poor level of quality of the fruits, the 2 slices of pineapple were a pale yellow color and the slices were so thin you could see through them, and it was extremely sour. You would think in a tropical country fresh sweet fruit would be available. After our first experience with breakfast, we decided not to eat any meals from Rooms, which were overpriced and low quality. My fiance and I found a restaurant located directly across the street name Coleta's and the food was delicious and the price was great. For breakfast our cost was 700.00 which worked out to 350 JA dollars each and the same was for dinner.

The rooms were extremely clean, great linen, washrooms, Plasma TV, free internet access, overall I really enjoyed my stay at rooms. The staff at the front desk could of been more friendly to the locals and not overcharge them when the see locals with tourists visiting, which I experience. My fiance received the local rate of 75 US dollars per night. We decided to stay one more night and the lady at the front desk informed him the cost for one more night would be 100 US dollars. I was upset and knew she was increasing the price because she saw my fiance with a tourist and figured I had the money to pay, which I did. In the future make sure to book the number of nights your staying the first night to avoid any increases in the per night charge.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril? Share your experiences!