“Nice rooms, beautiful pool / beach area, great location and super nice staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Negril Palms Hotel

You added Negril Palms Hotel to your Saves list
Negril Palms Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly The Palms Resort)   |
Ranked #50 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Raleigh, NC
“Nice rooms, beautiful pool / beach area, great location and super nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

Just got back from a week at the Palm Hotel in Negril. Rooms are pretty basic and right now only about half are available for guests. Appears the hotel is going through a significant level of remodeling - which it definitely needed. But what has been done is absolutely outstanding. Rooms are functional - queen bed, tv, air conditioner, ceiling fan, and a nice bath - not their to stay in the room all the time. We really loved the way they have setup the pool / restaurant / bar area. Pool is very nice and how they have set up couches with big cushy pillows is really cool. Location is also extremely convenient to most everything on the beach. What really made it for my family and I though was the staff. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. Food is really good across all three meals - would agree with someone's earlier note that the prices are a bit high but quality is very good. Several good restaurants close by including Norma's which is generally very good. I find at any of these tropical destinations the quality of a restaurant's food can vary widely from one day to the next - but generally can say the food at Norma's is always tasty. Would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for something other than the big all inclusives that are just around the corner in Negril. Luxury digs it is not - but offers a good value for the money and really a super group of staff to take care of you. Oh - and the beach is absolutely gorgeous!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Me Jenny and my husband Marcus got there very late at the 8/11 Saterday nite but the staff maked us feel very welcome, and its was "no problem" that we wear late.
We got a beuteful room, just like the one u see at the pic, We had booked the room for 1 week but when that week was gone we booked a other week so we stayed all our hollyday"2 Weeks" on the palms becouse the staff at the hotel maked us feel like famely.
Bouth me and my husband is vegans so we dont eat any meat but they fixed us food that wasent on the meny, they was wonderful and they did it whit a smile, no problem as you say in jamaica.
The only thing who was enoying was a "little frog" with a "big voice" who sounds like a alarmclock, but they are all over jamaica and after 2 days you dont hear them no more.
We feelt very safe at the palms.
They had securety-gards there bouth day and nite, and even at the beach at the day.
If someone got a little carreid away with selling things and you dident wabted to buy, they was there and protected you.
We had a computor,cellphones, Ipod and money laying open in the room,
nothing got stolen and we dident even needed the safe.
This resort is placed in the middle of 7mile beach and it takes about 5 minuts to get in to the negril town, and it dont cost much if u take a rutetaxi. Me and my husband took a tour up to the mayfield falls and is was so wonderful and funnie i can recomend that tour. But i dont recomend the caves that wasent a bit exitning,
when the 2 weeks was over i was very sad to leave all new-made friends there but we have allreddy start to save up to next year.
if someone have some questions so just contact us at:
mrs_smilla@hotmail.com
or
clevensjo@hotmail.com
and we try to answer as soon as we can
NO PROBLEM Jenny and marcus

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

The Palms Resort was not what I expected, but I grew to love it over the course of my stay. It’s not the biggest or nicest along Seven Mile Beach, but I’d say it’s one of the best resorts for your money (I don’t believe there’s an all-inclusive option, however). The outdoor dining area is especially chic. The staff really made my stay enjoyable - security man Ramsey and bartender Krystal you will love for their character and friendliness. If there is anything you need, the staff will do their best for you. All of my questions were answered at the front desk as well. The cleaning staff leaves your room spotless and tidy. A surcharge for a shoebox-sized safe in the room seems unfair, but I did without it and felt my belongings were safe in the room. Everything is priced in U.S. dollars so you won’t need Jamaican dollars, but you can exchange currency in the airport. I’ll surely consider returning to The Palms, and if not, I’ll be stopping by for the great food or to say hello at least. The food is fantastic and there is a good variety of dishes for all meals of the day. Although the portion size is a bit small, the banana pancakes are delicious. And the tuna salad was the best I ever had. The food is reasonably priced, but the dinner items can be expensive. If you don’t plan to leave the resort to shop, bring snacks from home. Along the beach there are fruit tables and most vendors offer cheap prices (you can even try bargaining for less - I gave someone my shirt).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
laguna beach california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

lets start with sylvanie who's perfect as a welcoming front desk! to Latoya, another asset to the resort + Garth makes this hotel a very warm family atmosphere that just starts your vacation right! the food is great just inside the hotel (Kristyls), no need to go anywhere else. you walk right outside the 7 mile white sand beach, with more palms associates like ramsey, sheldon, crystal ever smiling to help you.
Just a note to travellers: your money will go further if u convert to jamaican dollars & talk to locals how to get a deal like ride anywhere. Go to thurs ladies night at the jungle (free for girls) & fridays at alfreds for live reggae on d beach. email us if u have more questions. stayed at the palms for 4 days & luv it! also go to the mayfield falls!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
SargeNicky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

My husband and I with another couple had dinner at The Palms Resort. Overall, the food was good and the entertainment, a fire-eater, was exciting to watch. When we received the bill, it seemed a bit high, however, at my own fault, I paid the bill and tipped without analyzing it. When the server returned, I asked for a copy of the receipt. The server declined to give me a copy stating that it was not their policy to give patrons a copy of the receipt. I asked if he could bring the bill out so I could re-review it because I believed there might have been an error. The server stated that they did not keep a copy of the bill once it was paid. What????? Are you kidding me????? Because we were in a foreign country and it was getting late and we had a long walk back to our hotel, we did not want to make a big deal about it so we left. It was unfortunate that we experienced this because I would have gone back to this hotel for dinner; however, because the server was dishonest and I believe to have been scammed quite a bit of money, I would not recommend this hotel nor would I recommend dinner. I have never been anywhere where it was against policy to provide patrons a copy of a receipt.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

Incredible location on "7 Mile Beach"
Exceptionally warm and caring customer service
Extraordinary food -- nothing pre-cooked
Serene environment
Comfortable room
Security on premises and beach
Great massage therapist (Yvette)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

This hotel is central on the 7mile beach. Location doesn't get any better. The beach in Negril is INCREDIBLE. It's like you have died and gone to heaven. As for the hotel...we booked a standard room. Check in and check out was smooth and quick. We were showed around the grounds and offered a virgin welcome drink. It was SSSSOOOOO good! Not sure what was in it but for sure I tasted some real pineapple. The waitress at the bar is super nice and friendly. We got a room on ground level. It was a small room. It had a patio. It was charming and the decor was different (reminded me of Thailand). So in that respect it was unique but there was just something lacking from the room. It was very plain. It did have a romantic ambiance at night with the ceiling surround lights. I didn't see the superior rooms so i'm not sure what they looked like. The grounds are really nice. The pool area is the chicest, trendiest I've ever seen in Jamaica. It was like Miami meets caribbean! There was not alot of guests at the hotel when we were there so there was not alot action but I would imagine that at a time like Spring break it would appear to be the happening spot. Based on the pool area alone, it was the nicest one of the non-all inclusives that I saw along the beach and I walked the entire beach in both directions. They have an outdoor covered eating area close to the pool and the beach which is really nice. For breakfast they have a special $15 for 2 people. It was the BEST meal that my boyfriend and I had on the island (and we ate at alot of restaurants, hotels and local spots). It was truly amazing. I am still savouring. I had eggs and banana pancakes and my boyfriend had typical Jamaican breakfast. For what we paid for the room we didn't feel it was good value just based on the room, but if we ever did go back we would definitely get try a superior room and for what it's worth when you are in Jamaica you are not really supposed to spend that much time in your room anyway! LOL

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Negril Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!