“NOT A CHANCE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Negril Palms Hotel

Save Saved
You added Negril Palms Hotel to your Saves list
Negril Palms Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril, Jamaica (Formerly The Palms Resort)   |
Ranked #51 of 91 Hotels in Negril
West Orange
“NOT A CHANCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Looks can be deceiving the pictures the hotel post are very nice, however the rooms look like they haven't been upgrade in years. I will never stay in the hotel ever again. there was no water pressure or sometime NO WATER in the room. My shower head had to be changed 3 time..... the towels in the room was very dingy and thin... only great thing about the hotel was the beach.... the water was absolutely fabulous

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place needs to close down. There was constant maintenance and construction right next to our room that made it impossible to sleep. Not to mention, this was our second room because the first one had a roof leak that drenched our bags...and hardly any apology for that. This place has potential, but it should really just close for a month or so to finish any renovations that are being done, plus a whole new staff might help as they clearly have no respect for their place of work or their boss.
Great location, horrible hotel. And I must ad that we are very low maintenance travelers and don't need much, but this place makes you feel like you're just a burden.

• Stayed February 2013
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

All travelers have their own experiences and own frame of reference. I'm a pretty chill traveler. And this is a chill hotel - not a ton of bells and whistles, but great for our seven day stay right on the beach. Clean, awesome location, great price and friendly staff. In fact, I can't remember one negative here (other than the coffee was sometimes slow to arrive, big whoop though. I was on vacation.) I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before coming and I was a little nervous to say the least.
We had booked a standard room and were upgraded to a renovated room without asking. I was afraid about the construction going on, but we were never awoken by renovation noise. The rooms were spotless clean and I liked the feeling of being so close to nature due to the fact that there is no window. It is a blessing or a curse depending of the people staying at the hotel: We stayed there 5 nights. We had it all. The group speaking the same language and shouting from one balcony to another. We had the angry couple screaming at each other and airing their dirty laundry Jerry Springer style, and we had the nymphomaniac who was at it several time a day for everybody to hear... Earplugs are a MUST!
The staff was really helpful, always gave us what we asked for, and were really helpful. I read the previous review about people being robbed. Let me tell you that it is not necessarily the staff but people who can easily go from balcony to balcony. We always had our stuff locked in our suitcase.
The beach is great, the view for breakfast is breathtaking overlooking turquoise blue waters, the food is nice but a little pricey.
The hotel lacks privacy that's for sure, but it is an exceptional deal for the money you spend. The wifi really works greatly and is complementary...
There is a gated parking which is complementary. A car is necessary the 7 mile beach is well that long and there is not much entertainment in between hotels like in Cancun...

Room Tip: Far from the road upstairs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 5 days, although our stay was scheduled for 2 full weeks. I frequent Jamaica because my future husband is from there and I bring school supplies and money to a local school and spend quite a bit of time with the kids. This times was my fifth time back to Negril. We left one evening to meet up with our friends for a night on the town to go to the local night club. We had an amazing time out but when we returned to our room a few hrs later I was horrified! My tablet and all electronics were stolen!!! I had videos and pictures of my kids from the school on my tablet...I cried for about 4 hrs straight and couldnt talk. My boyfriend had some of his stuff stolen as well. No signs of forced entry?!?!?!? hmmm what does that tell you? We LEFT ASAP! I have never felt so violated. It has nothing to do with the things...it was principal. Its crazy how the police told us that we were not the first ones to be victimized. 2nd time in a week. They dont tell you these things openly. The memories of those childrens faces when I delivered back packs and uniforms I will never get back or be able to share with my friends and family who helped me raise money and supplies. Thank you PALMS I hope you got what you were looking for but I hope you understand that you just tried to break the spirits of a person who was trying to help build your community and maybe help support your childrens education. You will never have my business again or my trust.

Room Tip: Do not stay here and take a chance on being taken advantage of!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Palms Resort. We wanted a romantic getaway. We had asked for a Deluxe King toom with an ocean view. We were put in a room closest to the main road. The only view was of the room acrossed from us, no privacy at all. We complained and were told there were no other rooms. We only seen 1 other guest while we were there. No hot water and very little pressure. The next morning no water at all. They also thouht it was appropriate to start construction work before 7:00 am. The security that showed us to our room was very rude and did not care to hear our complaints. We made the best off a bad situation but would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Negril Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!