“Simply Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

We can't find prices for this hotel
Moon Dance Cliffs
You added Moon Dance Cliffs to your Saves list
West End Road, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Negril
Tokyo, Japan
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Moon Dance Cliffs offers the best customer service of any Resort I've experienced and I've traveled to many places around the globe. They should provide training for other facilities. Everyone from housekeeping, to the staff, to the front desk, to the bartenders, to the cooks, to the massage therapists, to the managers were superb!! EVERYONE was warm, friendly, helpful, accommodating and welcoming!! The rooms were well stocked. The pools were clean and inviting. Even though I'm not a cliff diver, some of the guests for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding did dive from the cliffs and it was amazing to watch. I'm not normally excited about food but all of the food was great!! Anything we requested, they accommodated. I would like to say a special thank-you to some of the staff ... Titanya, Nicole, Novia, Omight, Howard, Courtney, Judy Ann, Yassmine, Latacia (sp), and the wedding coordinator, Kerry Ann (I think). The only thing I didn't like was the fact that people could smoke in the rooms, in the pool and anywhere basically on the property. It would be great if there was a designated place for smokers (not in every room and definitely not in the pools). It's a little pricey for a day visit but the excellent service makes it worthwhile. Now, it would have been more superb if the hotel was closer to the beach but it is in a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of Negril. I will be talking about my wonderful Moon Dance Cliffs experience for years to come. It will definitely be on my places to visit in the future!!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have it's own individual jacuzzi. Nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
East Brunswick, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I had my wedding at Moon Dance Cliff on 4/8/14. Let me start off by saying the staff (bartenders, waitress', butlers) we came across were very nice and pleasant and very attentive. The grounds were kept clean and it is amazingly beautiful. Everything was PERFECT, especially on my wedding day..however that took a turn for the worst on the night of my wedding. After saying our goodbyes to all of our guests and letting them know we were going to retire to our villa for the night instead of joining them for the "Pool Party" they were going to have after the reception.. that's when the madness began. It was 1am in the morning when I was going to get a drink from the fridge, thats when all of a sudden the entire resort went pitch black! as you can imagine at this point I was already frightened and ran back to the bedroom where my husband was. My husband proceeded to exit the bedroom and was about to go outside to see if it was just our room or the entire resort that had the black out...as he was heading towards the door that is when he heard the swipe of the keycard and our room door open ! He yelled "Who's there" in a very loud voice and thats when the door slammed ,,,at this point it was still pitch black so we are scared as all hell and unsure if the intruder fled or ran into our villa. We took our chances and bolted out of there and ran towards the front desk. When we got to the reception desk we explained to the lady what happened..she seemed very unfazed and just shook her head like what? really ? then proceeded to reset my husbands key card ...security was there and she suggested he search the grounds around our villa..Some security he went ahead of us to go back to our room, but when we got there he was nowhere to be found! Luckily we had 2 police officer friends staying with us a the resort and they did a thorough check of our room and the surroundings ! Next day we met with the "managers" they were very apologetic and said they would investigate..I told them I lost my key the 1st day we arrived at the resort and to there findings the intruder that tried to come into our room used my key to get in ! The managers clearly stated that upon there investigation they see the only time my key was used was the 1st day we arrived (before I lost it) and the day of the wedding around 10PM and again at 1AM..lets backtrack around 10pm day of my wedding my husband left the reception and went to our room to change, he saw one of the workers at the resort in our villa when he asked him everything good? ( in other words why are you here?) The worker said yes everything is good and left the room....He didn't think anything of it then jst thinking maybe he was restocking the bar or something but clearly that was not the case. We told the managers prior to them sharing with us there findings on there investigation about this guy in our room around 10pm and they advised no one should of been in your room at this time, so that in itself is very strange ! This is EVIDENCE enough to me that if my keycard activity showed the card was only used at the time of our arrival and again on the day of our wedding at 10PM (the sighting of the guy lingering in our room) and again at 1 AM clearly someone (one of there workers) took up my key and entered into our room both times ! Unsuccessful the 2nd time. My guess is the person who tried to enter into our room at the middle of the night THOUGHT we were at the pool party with the other guests ! The way the managers handled this entire ordeal was very disappointing ! My husband even pointed out the guy he saw that night in our room to them ! There response was perhaps the person who entered your room was one of your guests.. Really?!?! I was so disgusted, 6 weeks has past since then trying to get some resolution on the matter, I am not even looking for compensation just admit to the fact that something went terribly wrong at your resort ! I should have not felt scared for my life on my wedding night period. They claim that there was not sufficient evidence to support the claim that someone other than the bride or groom entered their villa". Which is a flat out lie ! How could that be when Upon review of the room entry log, they admitted to me, my husband, and my travel agent that during our conversation/s that someone other than my husband and I entered the Villa with a "lost or stolen key". They are trying to cover this up like it never happened which is extremely unprofessional and upsetting. My stay at Moondance started off great but ended off very nightmarish! If considering staying here I suggest one thing and that is ALWAYS LOCK YOUR ROOM DOOR !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MoonDanceNegril, Manager at Moon Dance Cliffs, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Nia, thank you for your comments. We are always striving to improve the guest experience and all feedback assists us in that endeavor. I’m sorry to hear that your otherwise perfect wedding weekend was marred by this unfortunate event and you’re unsatisfied with the management’s response to this point. Please know that the safety and security of our guests is paramount. We have security guards on-site twenty-four hours a day and the front desk is staffed at all times. Staff members are thoroughly vetted before hiring and trained in safety procedures when they join our team.

This event you describe is exceptionally uncommon at Moon Dance and we take it very seriously. We have already begun making changes to assure that any sort of security issue, rare though they may be, is dealt with in an expeditious and thorough manner.

Congratulations on your wedding Nia and best wishes for your life together.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed at the moondance cliff for my sister's wedding on 4-19-14. The place is magnificent, the grounds were excellent and it was quiet and tranquil. The rooms were large and beautiful, each with its own expression. The staff was wonderful, from the manger, the housekeepers, the bartenders and the wedding planner. The food and drinks were great, the cliffs were breathtaking. This place made my trip to Jamaica unforgettable

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

From the get go, the manager welcomed us to moon dance to us trashing the dress over the cliffs, it was great. The wedding was on 4/19/14 and it went incredibly well, thanks to Terry and the crew. We loved it! The cliffs was great for trashing the dress a couple of times. I will be recommending to my friends to this place as much as I can.

• Stayed April 2014
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

When I'm in Negril, I go here for massages and drinks/bar food at the pool. The massages are great, the people are friendly. The property is beautiful and is located on the "rocks." The bar food is delicious! I'll be back the next time I'm in Negril.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at Moondance. We literally had the entire place to ourselves for most of our stay as the only guests on property. We stayed in the Poincianna Villa and loved every minute of it! As most of the reviews will attest to, the staff truly makes this place the amazing getaway that it is. Thank you Tatanya for taking such good care of us. She coordinated our meals and adventures off property so that everything was effortless for us.

We did not do the all inclusive option and were glad that we didn't. The food and drinks are great, but we wanted to experience other locations in Negril. Also, you would have to consume an amazing amount of food and alcohol to meet the $150 or so per person per day.

The only thing I could say that isn't positive is that the property is showing signs of wear and will begin to be in need of up-keep soon. They take great care of the property and the rooms are clean and amazing, but there are a few things that will need addressing soon. (The paint is beginning to flake on the pool deck, an umbrella had a small hole, etc). Please note that this should not detour anyone from staying here - overall the property is in GREAT shape. I just hope that management is able to fine tune some details that need attention. Our hot tub was not working when we arrived, but they immediately addressed the issue and it was fixed.

One night we ate at the cave for a private romantic dinner. I highly recommend this for couples. It's a 4 or 5 course meal that is just magical.

I'm not sure if the website mentions this, but there is a pool table at the sports bar which we really enjoyed and it's in great shape.

The Poincianna villa is superb and would be the only way to go in my opinion. You have a private yard area that is directly on the water and makes you fill as if you have your own house in Jamaica! I would highly recommend Moondance to anyone. It is in a quiet area away from any noise and is so serene. Thank you everyone who made our trip unforgettable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed at moon dance for Anissa J's wedding (below) on 4/26/14. I have to say that this place was amazing. I have been to many boutique hotels and this one ranks among my favorites. The resort was breathtaking, the staff amazing, the food delicious. Tranquility at its finest.

Pros
Amazing grounds, views and food. The staff and bartenders were unbelievably accommodating. Great complimentary massage and drinks upon arrival. Wedding was gorgeous. cannot say enough about the service, and since its a boutique hotel they left no stone un-turned when it came to attention to detail.

Cons
Resort is about 90 minutes away from airport (which is typical of all resorts in Negril since there is no airport in Negril)
Resort not right on the beach (though it clearly says that the hotel is perched on a CLIFF, it would have been nice to have some beach access for non-swimmers like myself who would never dream of cliff diving)
We stayed in the five bedroom villa and had issues with our keys all the time (though i must also mention that calls for service or to our butler were always answered immediately. Unlike some smaller hotels where service can be sub-par, I cannot reiterate enough the service that we received at the Moon Dance Cliff)

Will definitely go again and take my family!

Room Tip: Stayed in 5 bedroom Villa which was the "best seat in the house", close to the pool, sport...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!