“Better than I could have imagined...” 5 of 5 stars

Moon Dance Cliffs
West End Road, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #7 of 90 Hotels in Negril
Jacksonville, Florida
“Better than I could have imagined...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I came to Negril for my best friend's wedding and it was absolutely perfect. It was therapy for my soul. There was plenty of things to do...yet, just sitting and enjoying the view was enough too. The employees at the resort were MORE than welcoming and friendly. They went above and beyond to make sure my stay was outstanding. The food was well priced at the resort and we were a quick cab ride (ask for Champs) away from the art market and town. It is a place only best described as paradise and I wish someday that I am able to come back.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Every room has a beautiful view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Mike and Alexandra were married at Moon Dance Cliffs on June 3, 2013 and I am reviewing MDC as I was the bride. We are repeat guests at Moon Dance and we decided to have our destination wedding for two (bride and groom only) at Moon Dance Cliffs for a few reasons 1. the staff is the BEST-courteous, professional, super friendly,& accommodating 2. the property is absolutely stunning, the layout is awesome, the grounds are landscaped beautifully and the villas and common areas are beautiful and immaculately kept and nicely decorated 3. the romantic dinner set up that we had in the gazebo last year was way better than other resorts do for weddings so we knew a wedding dinner would be great 4. the honeymoon villas are heavenly 5. we love that MDC is a smaller boutique resort and you have personalized service and privacy 6. the food and drinks are always delicious!

Our visit last year was perfect and this visit was even better! The property is still beyond heaven, the service is still top notch, if possible even better, and the food and beverages are still delicious! The impeccable staff all welcomed us back by names and our villa was even decorated for our return.
Kerry, the wedding planner, is a pleasure to work with and amazing at what she does. She took all the stress out of the day and we are so grateful. As a bride and groom only wedding, MDC made the day as big and as special as if we had numerous guests. MDC staff made our day perfect, from Kerry's expert wedding planning and assistance, to Cyde, our wonderful butler, giving Mike his own room to get ready in and having our wedding attire pressed. Kerry and Christine (housekeeping/aka my fairy godmother) literally helped me get ready and laced up my gown and stayed with me, ushering me out of the villa down the aisle to the decorated gazebo. They went above and beyond what I expected and I can't praise them enough both personally and professionally. Clyde and Kerry created a beautiful cave dinner with candles, romantic music, personalized menus and amazing personalized formal service for our dinner. Dinner was selected off a different menu than offered daily and was the best meal of our trip! Clyde even had our wedding cake was sliced and waiting for us when we arrived and the room was decorated with candles, petals, flowers and a personal note from Clyde and Christine congratulating us, (how sweet and above and beyond is that!!)

Even though it was a bride and groom only wedding with Kerry and Christine being with me and helping me getting ready, to the staff actually watching and attending our wedding, we never felt alone; on the contrary, we felt among family and friends. MDC made our wedding perfect and while I knew it would be amazing, they really exceeded my expectations with the service, set up and personalized everything. Regardless of your wedding size, I would trust MDC to make your wedding dreams come true and the property to blow you away with its beauty. It truly was the wedding and honeymoon of our dreams. We love MDC and can’t wait to go back to our home away from home in Jamaica next year!

Room Tip: any of the villas are the way to go
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz R, Manager at Moon Dance Cliffs, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi Alexandra,

I'm so glad to hear you and Mike had such a great experience at your Moon Dance Cliffs wedding. I'll be sure the staff hears all the wonderful things you have to say about them. We hope to see you next year on your anniversary!

Congratulations on your wedding and best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Best,

Liz R.
Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Planning a destination wedding to a country you've never been to and a resort you've never visited is quite the risk. But it couldn't have happened in a more wonderful resort and island. Jamaica itself was beautiful, but the real star of our wedding weekend was Moon Dance Cliffs. We managed to wrangle up enough friends and family to rent out the entire resort from Thursday through Sunday, coming from all parts of the U.S. and all walks of life. The whole staff and crew were WONDERFUL. From Johnny Walker to Omite to Hassan to Kerry and the butler that took care of us, Clyde. Kerry Anne, the wedding coordinator, was definitely a God-sent when it came down to it. She was so nice and very efficient and made the last minute addition of lanterns happen. As the bride, people were amazed at how relaxed I was the day before. And it was because of the staff making everyone feel at home and taking care of our guests. The food was wonderful (oxtail was my favorite) and the drinks were flowing. A definite recommendation, especially for weddings. The resort is just right if you want a big party, but without the annoyance of other parties butting into your enjoyment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the resort for our niece's wedding. Everything and all the events were just perfect.

The staff is attentive, fun, and courteous. The executive suite was well appointed and very spacious with a great view of the gardens and sea.

Room Tip: The executive suites include 2 balonies and a jaccuzzi!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just got back last night from my wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs and I can’t say enough about the experience! It was really memorable for us and our guests!

We had 50 guests (ages 11 months to 65 years old) and everyone had a blast.

Kerry is a god send. She gets.it.done. She is really on top of everything and absolutely amazing.

Photographer – Stacey Clarke was our photographer. I love her. She was so much fun to work with and we loved her style. We did an engagement shoot with her a few months ago and she’s so quick with her turn around and so personable and professional. She did a great job with our crazy guests and came back the next day for our trash the dress session. We totally love love love her!

Videographer – EMC – great team! Super fun. Haven’t seen the video yet but great guys!

DJ – Sound Illusions – we did the lighting package too and they hit all the songs we wanted and kept everyone on the dance floor. Great job.

Flowers – Floral Fantasy – they did everything I asked for. Amazing.

Cake – Margaret Myrie – great job! She did a plain cake for us. One tier was a traditional black cake and the other was vanilla. Both were super delish!

The staff made the weekend. They all went above and beyond.

Our butler, Titanya, deserves her own shout out because I just loved her. She was super on top of everything and so personable and professional and I just adore her!

I had my hair and makeup done onsite. I didn’t care too much (pretty low maintenance) but I think I looked pretty. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but at the end of the day, my now husband says I was very pretty so I guess she knew what she was doing! 

We provided transportation for everyone since we did the all inclusive package and the rides went off without a hitch.

I don’t write reviews… ever. But I can’t say enough about these guys! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pettey and Dawn married at Moon Dance Cliffs on April 20th. I am writing this review as I was the bride. Everything about the hotel and staff you read with glowing reviews is true. I cannot imagine any place that tries as hard to make everyone feel cared for and have any and every need you can imagine met. We had 46 people in our party and kept everyone hopping, but not a detail was missed. Every single person at the wedding raved about the wonderful staff at the resort. Kerry Ann, our wedding planner, was invaluable. She is a true pro. Tatanya was there for me for every moment and made everything so pleasant and easy for me as a nervous bride. We had a bit of a set back with rain starting before the ceremony, but we waited it out for about 45 minutes and it FINALLY stopped. Kerry Ann and her staff just kept plugging on and worked everything out beautifully.

Every single person working at this resort is beyond description. Just know that you will be called by name and greeted with a smile at every moment you are there. You are given just the perfect amount of privacy and pampering, somehow they all seem to read your mind.

The food was wonderful, the drinks were beautiful and free flowing on our all inclusive plan. There is NOTHING we could have wanted for in any way for ourselves and all of our guests. If you are considering doing a wedding in Jamaica, I would strongly suggest looking here. I do not think you could do better. We had a fabulous wedding and stay!!

Room Tip: The villas are awesome!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ROck Is
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay at Moon Dance Cliffs. Getting together with the wedding party and our "new" family members in such a fantastic facility and location will always be remembered as one of our favorite "adventures". Everyone on the staff was very friendly, helpful, cheerful and aimed to please.

Moon Dance is a fabulous resort. Along with a wonderful facility, the staff and management really make it as great as it is. Being there in the "off season" for a family wedding gave us the opportunity to meet and spent time getting better acquainted.

We highly recommend Moon Dance Cliffs as a place to go, stay, and enjoy Jamaica

Room Tip: All rooms have great views and are handy to resort facilities. Rooms nearest the ocean provide priv...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!