“A perfect spot for a wedding and get away” 5 of 5 stars

Moon Dance Cliffs
West End Road, Negril, Jamaica   |
Ranked #6 of 91 hotels in Negril
Burke, Virginia
“A perfect spot for a wedding and get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the resort for our niece's wedding. Everything and all the events were just perfect.

The staff is attentive, fun, and courteous. The executive suite was well appointed and very spacious with a great view of the gardens and sea.

Room Tip: The executive suites include 2 balonies and a jaccuzzi!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just got back last night from my wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs and I can’t say enough about the experience! It was really memorable for us and our guests!

We had 50 guests (ages 11 months to 65 years old) and everyone had a blast.

Kerry is a god send. She gets.it.done. She is really on top of everything and absolutely amazing.

Photographer – Stacey Clarke was our photographer. I love her. She was so much fun to work with and we loved her style. We did an engagement shoot with her a few months ago and she’s so quick with her turn around and so personable and professional. She did a great job with our crazy guests and came back the next day for our trash the dress session. We totally love love love her!

Videographer – EMC – great team! Super fun. Haven’t seen the video yet but great guys!

DJ – Sound Illusions – we did the lighting package too and they hit all the songs we wanted and kept everyone on the dance floor. Great job.

Flowers – Floral Fantasy – they did everything I asked for. Amazing.

Cake – Margaret Myrie – great job! She did a plain cake for us. One tier was a traditional black cake and the other was vanilla. Both were super delish!

The staff made the weekend. They all went above and beyond.

Our butler, Titanya, deserves her own shout out because I just loved her. She was super on top of everything and so personable and professional and I just adore her!

I had my hair and makeup done onsite. I didn’t care too much (pretty low maintenance) but I think I looked pretty. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but at the end of the day, my now husband says I was very pretty so I guess she knew what she was doing! 

We provided transportation for everyone since we did the all inclusive package and the rides went off without a hitch.

I don’t write reviews… ever. But I can’t say enough about these guys! If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pettey and Dawn married at Moon Dance Cliffs on April 20th. I am writing this review as I was the bride. Everything about the hotel and staff you read with glowing reviews is true. I cannot imagine any place that tries as hard to make everyone feel cared for and have any and every need you can imagine met. We had 46 people in our party and kept everyone hopping, but not a detail was missed. Every single person at the wedding raved about the wonderful staff at the resort. Kerry Ann, our wedding planner, was invaluable. She is a true pro. Tatanya was there for me for every moment and made everything so pleasant and easy for me as a nervous bride. We had a bit of a set back with rain starting before the ceremony, but we waited it out for about 45 minutes and it FINALLY stopped. Kerry Ann and her staff just kept plugging on and worked everything out beautifully.

Every single person working at this resort is beyond description. Just know that you will be called by name and greeted with a smile at every moment you are there. You are given just the perfect amount of privacy and pampering, somehow they all seem to read your mind.

The food was wonderful, the drinks were beautiful and free flowing on our all inclusive plan. There is NOTHING we could have wanted for in any way for ourselves and all of our guests. If you are considering doing a wedding in Jamaica, I would strongly suggest looking here. I do not think you could do better. We had a fabulous wedding and stay!!

Room Tip: The villas are awesome!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ROck Is
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay at Moon Dance Cliffs. Getting together with the wedding party and our "new" family members in such a fantastic facility and location will always be remembered as one of our favorite "adventures". Everyone on the staff was very friendly, helpful, cheerful and aimed to please.

Moon Dance is a fabulous resort. Along with a wonderful facility, the staff and management really make it as great as it is. Being there in the "off season" for a family wedding gave us the opportunity to meet and spent time getting better acquainted.

We highly recommend Moon Dance Cliffs as a place to go, stay, and enjoy Jamaica

Room Tip: All rooms have great views and are handy to resort facilities. Rooms nearest the ocean provide priv...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brookhaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My son married at the resort in May (2013) surrounded by 40 family members and friends. I cannot say enough positive things about the entire week-long celebration. The property is amazingly beautiful, the food outstanding, but it was the staff at this resort that made it so enjoyable! No want or need went unmet. TOTALLY AWESOME!

Room Tip: request a room with the hot tub on the balcony... Also, the villa is lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Liz R, Manager at Moon Dance Cliffs, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hi Susanne,

I'm so glad to hear you had such a great time at your son's wedding! It's always so gratifying to hear back from guests who think so highly of our staff and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. We really appreciate all of the feedback we get, so thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor.

Congratulations on your son's wedding and I hope that we see you again soon at Moon Dance!

Best,
Liz R.
Manager
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel. The cliffs are great for exploring sea life and an adrenaline filled swimming experience. The staff always said hello, prices were reasonable and no one bothered you about buying items on walks around the area. The room was big and the view from all the rooms was the ocean. The only draw back is the drive to the hotel. Be sure to ask the driver to stop for a Red Stripe and you will get to experience the local color. We had heard mostly negative things about Jamaica, we experienced none of it. What a perfect place to rest and relax. We attended a wedding and it was beautiful.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We've been here twice; once to scout it out as a destination wedding location, and the second for the destination wedding itself. On our scout trip, we were immediately impressed by the resort and on our wedding trip, the execution did not disappoint.

The staff is amazing, helpful and accommodating. Everyone is eager to help and the villa butlers are amazing (especially Clyde!). The wedding planner, Kerry, made the planning process painless and easy.

The place is small, so if you have a group of people staying, you do not have to worry about making plans to meet up; you just go outside and can find everyone.

And you cannot beat the value. Another resort we stayed at in Jamaica charges triple the price for a cheeseburger.

I do not think the wedding could have been any better, and a huge factor in the success of the wedding was Moon Dance Cliffs.

Room Tip: Every room is great... they all face the water and look out into the common area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Moon Dance Cliffs? Share your experiences!