“Dunns River and Blue Hole” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 77 Activities in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Dunns River and Blue Hole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

On Independence of the Seas. RCCL owns the port at Falmouth. Booked thru Pete Taylor. We were told Pete Taylor is a "government run" travel guide. So I'm not sure who the real Pete Taylor is? The time changed so our driver was "late", but made up for it. Two Brothers. They had to travel almost an hour to get us. Then it's an hour to Dunns River. We were worried about time. At the falls, you get hooked up with a guide. It's fun, but everybody wants a "hand out". I don't mind , but when the guide David, asked "have you took care of David?"…All I had was a $20 and wasn't going to give him that, so $10 It was. We have been before and warned about the crazy aggressive people in the shop. Just say "no thank you" and walk with your hands by your side. If you accept , you buy….be warned…
We then went to blue hole. It's nice and beautiful, but it's up a very narrow, rocky, scary hill. I look at it like, they don't want to die anymore than me, so i just go with the flow. We didn't jump off any big cliffs, but you can. You tube blue hole, and it comes up. Another place where we were introduced to a guide. (much needed) and I really liked him, and we were only with him about 15 minutes, another $10 tip. Our driver had the forethought to call our order ahead of time for jerk chicken. It saved a lot of time. I didn't eat but a bite. $8 for breast and something like hush puppies. They sold beer/water/coke on the bus. But no food. I'd suggest bringing something. We got hungry before the stop. At duns they wanted $2 for a small bag of doritos. We paid $190 for the 3 of us. Not bad considering the hour drive there, then back plus 2 major attractions.

Visited March 2014

Salt Rock, West Virginia
“Excellent excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We visited the blue hole in January with Peat Taylor's group. Repeat was our driver and he was great, informative and courteous. The price was well worth it. Two of us $35.00 each (we gave a great tip because of the excellent service.) Repeat gave a history of the area and recommended places to visit and where to avoid. Our guide, Junior, was awesome, he took great care of us and we felt safe and secure the whole time. I would recommend this excursion to everyone. Be adventurous and enjoy Jamaica. Definitely a redo!

Visited January 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bob Marley Museum and fern gully”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

PJ picked us up at the cruise port we took a scenic drive to get to Nine Mile and the museum. We were introduced to a vendor who had meds and edibles. after paying for admission $20 you start the tour at the bottom of a small but steep hill. Crazy was our tour guides name he was comical but respectful of Bob. This is not a child friendly tour "cough cough" and I would not take children unless you know who is in your group. After the tour concluded we got back in the car and PJ drove us through fern gully and then to a small garden overlooking Ocho. where we were shown some different plants my fave was the pum pum tree. After that we driven back to the ship with time to spare. PJ was polite and prompt. Seven hours in Jamaica is simply not enough time.

Visited January 2014
Buckeye Country
“Not what we expected but still a GREAT day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Using the website, ahead of our Carnival cruise, I booked for two of us to go to Dunn's River Falls & The Clear Blue Hole. Arrived @ the pier & were directed past all the lines & taken right out to the parking lot to the reps out there. (Nice!) We were actually combined with another group (of 15 which turned out to be fine though not what we expected at all!) I think THAT group was equally surprised & one of them was quite vocal about the fact that SHE had rented the van/bus & they were doing what THEY wanted to do. (OK?) The rest of the group was friendly & fine. We experienced some wasted time waiting on this group rather than being able to move @ our pace & see more. As a result we did tip our guide & driver less than planned, though fairly - If it had been just us I expected we should be more generous. Still a great day! I would use them again but definitely ask more questions and make sure I understood what to expect.

Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Clifton was the best tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had Clifton waiting for us at the pier when arrived Feb19th. After waiting for others (that did not show), Clifton decided it was time to go. We had a private tour over to Ocho Rios then up to the Blue Hole. After that we asked Clifton to take us to a typical Jamaican eatery for jerk chicken. We stopped at Scotchies for an excellent meal of chicken, pork and roated sweet potatoes. Clifton was so informative and knowledgeable about his island. He answered all of our questions and more! I would recommend Peat Taylor Tours and ask for Clifton!

Visited February 2014