“The Taylor Family .. The BEST in Jamaica!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 70 Activities in Ocho Rios
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Miami Beach, Florida
“The Taylor Family .. The BEST in Jamaica!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

When we booked our Dunns River Falls and Ocho Rios highlights tour independantly of the Carnival cruise we did not know whether we had done the right thing... As it turned out it was the highlight of our trip and left us completely in awe of the two Taylor brothers (Ainsworth and O'Neill). We didnt have the honor of meting Mr and Mrs Taylor in person but they have done something right with these boys!

Our trip was to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and this was definitely the highlight of our 5 day cuise.

We were taken to the falls and given concierge service throughout and then treated to an insider's guide to Ocho Rios and the surrounding hills and villages. The Taylor boys showed us places from their childhood and how they played when younger. They pointed out local characters and introduced us to the best places to go in the area. All of this was done with humour and the occasional outbreak of well sung Bob Marley tunes. Funny, informative and very, very welcoming they dispelled the myths about some of Jamaica's reputation for being less than welcoming in parts. We were welcomed and entertained with open hearts and cheeky smiles. A truly wonderful experience which made us want to return to Oco Rios again soon.

We highly recommend Peat Taylor Tours and hope that you are lucky enough to meet Ainsworth and O'Neill.

No problem Man!

Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Had a blast with Peat and Ainsworth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Such a great experience, don't hesitate, you are in great hands! Peat and his son Ainsworth picked us up as agreed in Falmouth and had a perfect day!

Did Dunn's River Waterfall climb. Don't miss it! It's fun even with the crowds...
Irie Blue Hole (a hidden gem!) I watched the cliff and waterfall divers and didn't partake, but what a special spot that no one on the cruise tours gets to see!

Scotchie's for lunch to sample local grub and it was AWESOME with an ice cold Red Stripe Bold beer, and back to ship in plenty of time while never feeling rushed.

FYI, It's a 45 minute drive each way to the attractions if you are coming in to the Falmouth port on Royal Caribbean so there is no time to do river rafting AND the falls. My vote is do the falls, I heard the rafting was not so hot from friends who did a ship excursion. And the cost through Peat is totally reasonable!

We saw the real Jamaica from a local perspective...What an awesome day...! Have already recommended them to friends going next spring.

Sunnyvale, California
4 attraction reviews
“Best excursion of the cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thanks for trip advisors reviews, after extensive research, we went with peat Taylor for our Jamaica excursion.. Our itinerary was dunn's river fall, water tubing, irie blue hole and lunch at scotchies The 9 teenagers (ages 16-20) all think this is the best part of the cruise.
We had re-peat and his younger brother Ainsworth as our driver and guide. I had to ask someone where peat was once we got out to the street at the Falmouth dock. But the people were very nice and showed us where to go. And re-peat were right there waiting for us. I requested and was promised a car seat for the baby before the trip, and it wasn't there. Coming from where a carseat is requied at all time, this was very unsettling. The mom had to hold the baby the whole time. Anyway, all is well.
We left around 11 am ship time and got to Dunn's River Fall around 12. When we got there, the place was packed!! There were people everywhere. I dont think i saw scenery but people. And they told us it would get even more people an hour or so later. It took us over 2 hours to go up the waterfall. A lot of waiting for the line to move. We had 4 that didn't want to do the climb, so they stayed on the walkway along the waterfall and took pictures where ever they could see us Ainswoth stayed with them the entire time. That was very nice of him
Then we went to the Irie Blue Hole. We stopped along the way and got jamaican patties and ate on the bus. They were delicious We got to the water hole after 3 pm and my planned leaving time for the trip was 4 to make sure we have plenty of time to get back to the dock with some time to shop. Re-peat didnt seem to be worry about the time. With so many people, i really didnt want to risk it, so we decided to spend more time at the water hole and skipped water tubing and lunch at Scotchies. The kids love this place. This is the highlight of their entire trip! They jumped off cliffs and did rope jump. It was a lot scarier and higher than it looks when you were standing at the edge. I only did one jump. The water was cold and the current was pretty strong from the waterfall. But the rest of the group who did it seemed to be fine the guides were wonderful and were great divers. The only thing they didn't quite enjoy was going through the cave under the waterfall. They said it was dark, and the space was small. The guide just told them to go without saying what to do or expect, so they were kind of clueless as they climb through the darkness. Several scrapped their arms and legs as they crawled through because the rock was rough.
We left a little after 4 and it took longer going back. We got back to dock a little after 5:30 with a little time to look around the shops before the 6:30 boarding time.
We were our own private group, so we didnt have to wait for other people. we tried to disembark as soon as we were able to. With Dunn's took up so much time, I don't know how other people could go through all the places within the time we have available. Now ive been to Dunn's river fall, it was an experience, but I would skip it next time and save the time for something else. Definitely will recommend Peat Taylor.

Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“What a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having read all the reviews on TripAdvisor I expected Peat Taylor to be excellent ... and it was. I received a very prompt confirmation email in reply to our inquiries. We arrived in Ocho Rios onboard the Norwegian Dawn and were easily directed to Peat Taylor Tours, Pete Jr., who was waiting for us. Everything about this day/excursion was exceptional. We were lucky enough to only be sharing our tour with one other couple. We were driven to Irie Blue Hole where we had a fantastic time. Pete handed us over to our tour guides, Dylan and Whiz, very pleasant happy young men who were just fun to be around. They walked us up the falls and made sure our footings were sure. They were easy to talk with. I am not a swimmer, and these guys were so patient with me as I worked up my nerve to jump into these pools. They were there to "catch" me if necessary and even though I managed to do the swimming myself, they were right there for me giving me the safety net I needed. This excursion walking up the falls and jumping in and swimming does take about a 3 level of activity. Watershoes are a must. Bring your tip money because you are going to be so thrilled you'll want to leave each of these guys with a really nice tip. Pete stopped to buy us some sort of pasty thing that was delish out of his own pocket. That was above and beyond. Our other couple wanted a beer so Pete got that for him. We finished up our tour at Scotchies for jerk chicken. It was a very quaint place and I liked it. It is very affordable. Don't forget to buy Pete lunch and offer to do it right away. I didn't get it done in time and felt badly. (I made up for it I hope with my tip.) Pete Jr. was informative and a pleasure to be with. I give them an outstanding for service.

We didn't experience any of the negative things you hear about in Jamaica because we were with this tour. I can't wait to go back! (While I can still do these things. I'm 53 this year.)

Visited April 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Don't hesitate to book and ask for Vincent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Last Wednesday we had a great day with Vincent with Peat Taylor Tours. He was such a gentleman, and we saw the beautiful countryside with him including the Blue Hole and zip-lining. We really enjoyed seeing the lovely and friendly Jamaican people. We were the only two that asked for that tour, so Vincent specially took us all over the island. He even walked us up to the ship after our tour and made sure we were back well before our sailing time.
Also, what a nice surprise to have Peat Taylor check on us during the tour and to meet his beautiful wife... It is obvious that they care about every step of the tour. The price is reasonable, so skip the cruise tours and email Peat Taylor.
We are so glad we saw the website on Trip Advisor.

Mica and Steve Brooks