“Chillaxing Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 49 things to do in Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“Chillaxing Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very nice layout and private in certain areas and very clean,relaxing atmosphere.

Allentown, PA
17 attraction reviews
“A nice way to spend a few hours, especially if you like birds.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Turtle River Park is the former Enchanted River Garden. The park is adjacent to a resort and admission was $20 per person. Turtle River was almost empty at the time we arrived, so we had the place almost entirely to ourselves.

A guide led us around the park. He was nice enough but kept rushing us to move on. Over and over he said that we could come back when the tour was done. There were waterfalls that we could play in (which we did - bring water shoes) and koi fish to be fed (they were). Most interestingly there was an aviary with lots of winged friends. Upon going inside, the birds would land on anyone offering food. I was brave - very brave. Arms out stretched I bore good will bird seed. Birds were everywhere. A parrot was in my right hand. Three parakeets were in my left. More were on my shoulders and head. Tiny claws dug through my shirt. Chickens and a peacock swarmed my feet. Those winged devils were all around me. The fluttering of wings was the only thing I could hear. In my dreams. But I emerged victorious from my trial.

Turtle River Park was ok, although I was underwhelmed after visiting Dunn's River Falls. My bet is that kids would love it (with the birds and smaller waterfalls). If you have several days in Ocho Rios, it is worth a trip. Otherwise, there are more impressive things to see.

Visited June 2012
Chestermere
3 attraction reviews
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is the only improvement that is visible in Ocho Rios since Ocean Village opened. They really cleaned up what they call turtle river.
It is a great spot to go and relax, but what ever became of the homeless people that use to bath in the stream that runs through Turtle river park?

Visited February 2012
Jamaica
21 attraction reviews
“this is a must for visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

walk in this park take pictures buy souveniers this park is also for functions and secure place to hang out

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Very peaceful park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had an enjoyable time at the park and the park attendant was quite helpful but we felt hassled by her request for mony for just showing us the turtes.