Opening Date:Summer 2015 This hotel is not yet officially opened to the public. Customers staying at the hotel before the official opening date may still submit reviews. Hotel content is provided by the sponsor.

“Perfect Holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Moon Palace Jamaica Grande

You added Moon Palace Jamaica Grande to your Saves list
Moon Palace Jamaica Grande
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Street | P.O. Box 100, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Elbow Saskatchewan
“Perfect Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just got home from a fantastic 7 days at the resort. From the moment we arrived we loved it there!! The resort is a bit dated but so comfortable and clean. We had a great time with the entertainment crew. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The north tower is a little noisy until about eleven at night but the view is fantastic. The food was delicious and I highly recommend the lobster dinner on the beach! Sometimes we had to wait in line for drinks at the bar but no big deal. I can not wait to go back

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor so fabulous view. If wanting a quiet room you should ask for south tower.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,313)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Jamaica and I think I selected a great hotel to enjoy my vacation.. I stayed 10 days.. All the bad reviews got to be people of a competitor view.. My experience was great and sorry it taken me this long to write one.. I travel solo and I had a really good time the people was great and the hotel was excellent.. I stayed in the South tower on the 12 floor room service was right on point.. The food was sort of different but I enjoyed it also.. I need to give a special round of applause to the bartenders they all was extra nice and treated me really good.. They also fixed me with a special drink of my own.. Thank you guys! The hotel itself was nice and clean and so was the pool area and beaches was beautiful too.. So my experience there was great and I will be back this May for another vacation of 10 days also.. I do plan on moving around more and going places to sight see more.. May 2013 I will be back!!!

Room Tip: South tower is updated and I believe the farther up you are the more beautiful the scene will be but...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my second time visiting the Jamaica grande hotel. The first time was good but this time it was amazing, they were a lot more attentive and seem to take a general interest in their customer feedback. There was even a lot more peeks to visiting a second time round we were given free wifi, welcome drink has you arrive and a lot more help with accommodating us on arrival. The staff were amazing when it came to attending to our general needs and were very polite. some of the staff names were Richard Hutchinson, grill staff, Paul Williams, Bryran Gooden and the staff that clean the room. overall all the staff i came across were very polite and provide me with excellent service during my stay. I'm looking forward to my third visit already.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge because i believe it will come in handy during your stay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Sunset Jamaica Grande is a great resort to host your big day and I couldn't have imagined it any better! Our wedding was held at the North gazebo and everything turned out better than i could have ever imagined. Shelly and her crew did a fantastic job at bringing all my visions to life and making our special day one that we will remember forever :) All the staff are extremely friendly and so energetic. Loved every minute of our stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

After reading the reviews of this resort I was a little worried, but those negative reviews couldn't be more wrong. It was the BEST time my husband and I have ever had on vacation. The service was AMAZING. All of the staff was so nice and so willing to help with anything they could. The food was delicious and they had plenty of options so there was always something to enjoy (my favorite was the yummy French toast). The drinks were strong and they kept them coming. It wasn't too crowded at all, there were always plenty of beach chairs. Our room was nice and clean. The bed was hard to us, but that's hardly a complaint since we didn't spend much time in our rooms! We're planning on going back this year, and can't wait! Don't listen to those bad reviews, I think those people would have been unhappy no matter where they went!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabana suite on ground level which guaranteed an ocean view. We didn't have muc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent a week at the all-inclusive February 19-26. We upgraded our room to have a beach front cabana. I have no other rooms to compare to, so I feel our room was adequate. It was clean and presentable but could have used some freshening up. Lots of chipped tiles on the floor and gouges in the walls.
The food at the resort on the buffet was okay. One night they ran out of food. I waited and waited for anything to come out for re-stocking and nothing seemed to come and none of the staff ever updated us on the food. My supper that night was a hot dog bun. I don't know if they ever restocked the food. They may not have realized it was spring break in Canada making it busier. Hard to get reservations at the a la carte restaurants especially on the weekend. We had one reservation at 8:30 for chinese food. That was a little late. The others we could not get into.
The best part - the hotel is convenient to many tourist sights and 5 minutes walking distance to the town.

Room Tip: I recommend upgrading to a beach front cabana - way more convenient that the tower rooms unless you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alicia L, Guest Relations Manager at Moon Palace Jamaica Grande, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our resort.

I am happy that you liked your cabana room as well as the location of the Hotel.

I must however apologise for the untimely replenishing of food at any of our meal times, this is certainly not the norm and we have already addressed this area with our Food and Beverage team so that there is no reoccurrence.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our overall guest experience.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

They were very accommodating in moving our rooms around so we were closer to our friends. The staff is very friendly. The food was really good and so were the wide variety of refreshing drinks. Pretty much everything and anything you wanted to drink they could make other than a Caesar. Our room was clean and comfortable not all the finishes were updated but your not there to sit in your room. The beaches were good and the snorkeling side had a some good activities for the whole family. Short walk into town for shopping, I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early don't stay in the North Tower with a poolside view. The entertainment ar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Moon Palace Jamaica Grande? Share your experiences!