“Small beach but no sellers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 77 Activities in Ocho Rios
Type: Beaches, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit Jamaica’s popular Bamboo Beach Club where white sand, blue water and beautiful views create an unforgettable tropical paradise. Sprawling almond and palm trees line the seashore and create an atmosphere of relaxation and fun. Enjoy one of the most unique cultural experiences on the island, as live entertainment is ongoing and gives you a real feel of the Jamaican culture. Jamaican dancers, reggae drummers, exotic singers and artistic acrobats make up our distinctive troupe of professionals who present enjoyable performances right on the sand. Take a swim in the sea, dip your toes in the sand, and sip on cool glasses of unlimited beer, Jamaican mojitos, rum punch or lemonade as our DJ plays a fashionable mix of local and reggae beats. The food keeps coming as your charming hostesses with their friendly smiles and excellent service continually circle the Beach Club with an array of unlimited tasty dishes freshly prepared by our chef. These culinary treats are served "tapas style" and mix Jamaican and Asian accents to create cuisine that is sure to delight. Dancing in the morning, drinking cocktails at noon, and “taking it cool” is Bamboo Beach Club’s philosophy.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
6 attraction reviews
“Small beach but no sellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

we took a 15 per person r/t cab ride from the boat dock.... I was pleasantly surprised... very nice changing rooms and clean bathrooms, they have a restaurant and waitress service and a small gift shop. Beach was good and shallow and they had snorkel rental equipment, beach chairs for rent and umbrellas for rent and a small convenience store... and no peddlers are on the beach... next to the RIU and on the other side was private homes.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Bamboo Beach Club”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Not what I pictured when I read Beach Club. It was very small, but private. No one bothered you to purchase items. We were taken there from a cruise ship for the day. They had private bathrooms and changing rooms.

The beach chairs were terrible; the beach it self was beautiful and clean. They served some drinks and tapas style food (included in admission), water and soda were additional for purchase.

The had some entertainment which was nice but the DJ was very loud.

“Unpleasant!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Feb 11th we booked this from Carnival Victory the excursion desk couldn't tell us much she has never been to the beach food was ok the road to the beach wa hell the beach was made seems like sand was hauled in due to when you walked out about 3' it turns into sharp coral and black sticker like sharp edges I changed locations and it seemed all the area was this way also the time on the beach didn't give you time to go into town for shopping before boarding the ship I really think the excursion desk should check out all the trips they book for "their ship" I wish we would have done something better PS I am still picking pieces of coral from my feet :( :(

Scott city Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Yeah Mon...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Last week February 2 through February 9-2013 we went on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and we almost got left behind because our excursion ran a little over. But what made up for it were the tour guides we had. We had Tammy and Delisia (can't remember the drivers name, he was quiet but pleasant, drove safely a little slow starting out, but picked up the speed when he needed to). Delisia was in training so we really didn't hear much out of her but Tammy was wonderful!!! She made the whole Jamaican experience wonderful. We first went to Dunn's Falls which was awesome!(Tour guide - Paul and camera man (goat tee) were great at the falls) Yeah Mon... We stopped at a little shopping center which was cool, then we went to the beach. The beach was beautiful but we weren't able to see the dancers because of were we sat. But they waited on us hand and foot. Loved all the foods they served us and especially the rum punch :) We then went to White River to water tube.(We did not get to go down with the couple we were with but Tammy went with us and she said this was her first time also. I truly enjoyed this excursion because of her. My tube hit a big rock and it almost flipped me but she held on to my tube along with another person who was in our group going down the river, with my feet through the tube, butt in the water I was able to hold on until we got in water where the tour guides there could help me back into my tube correctly. I can't remember his name but greatly appreciated the strength and energy it took for them to swim this river and guide us through safely. I was unable to tip him because our excursion was running late. He well deserved a nice tip. We were due to be back on the ship at 4:30 and we didn't get out of the river until 4:00 so we just had to get in the vehicle and leave ASAP. We still had 29 miles to go to get back to the port so we were hauling butt. We made it back but had to run through what seemed like all of Jamaica to get back on our ship in time.....If you go to Jamaica please request Tammy with Bamboo Beach she took the time to tell us about Jamaica, do the river tubing part with me and she was just a warm wonderful person to show us around Jamaica.(always a smile on her face) Loved the experience we had while river tubing. My saying now is remember the time when we almost got left in Jamaica...LOL If we ever go back she will definitely be the tour guide we will choose to help us experience the beauty of Jamaica. Thank you for helping me and remembering my name the whole day!!! I really just loved how nice and friendly everyone was and it was one of the best excursions during our trip!!!!

Wynantskill
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

To begin with, our cruise on the NCL Pearl booked our excursion for the Dunn's Falls/Bamboo Beach tour and our guide was Saskia who was absolutely fabulous. The time spent on the bus traveling to the Falls, Saskia was well informed and gave us great information and advise. The Falls were a wonderful part of the trip and the beach experience was great too. Saskia was attentive to all of us and made sure we had what we needed and the time we needed to get ready to leave. When we returned some of us wanted to shop away from the pier so she took us back to the shops and stayed with us while we did some shopping and then she walked us safely back to the pier. I highly recommend this excursion and I hope you are able to get the guide Saskia!