“Love, peace, scuba!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dallas, Texas
“Love, peace, scuba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the RIU Palace in Montego Bay. WE HAD A BLAST! One of the greatest features of our stay was getting PADI Open Water Scuba Diving certified! We did not plan this ahead of time. We simply walked up to the Scuba Caribe Kiosk to inquire, and by the next two days- we had completed 4 dives and we certified! Diego Heaven was our instructor, and he was AMAZING! Excellent teacher, passionate about diving, safe and encouraging. We truly could not have a better experience. I would recommend his instruction to all my friends and family. Beautiful dive site, fun laid back atmosphere. Go, go, go!

Visited July 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Calgary, Canada
“Grand Lido- ScubaCaribe- Negril-Anita excellent dive instruction!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Had taken an open water course on Vancouver Island- many years ago and had let the certifications lapse, because of issues with equalizing my ears. Decided to take the chance to take the open water course- through Scuba Caribe at the Grand Lido Resort in Negril, and was glad I did! The dive shop there was fantastic, with strong kudos to Anita- the Dive Instructor and to Everett- Divemaster in Training. The course experience when compared to the Vancouver Island course instruction- was way better.

Anita was incredibly professional and had a cool italian accent! Getting the diving instruction from her was the highlight of my trip to Jamaica. There was a clear and very appreciated expectation that you should know your stuff, by the end of the course. The diver preparation materials were excellent. For someone like me who is a science teacher, thorough, very systems oriented and obsessed with Mastery of skills- this course was ideal. I appreciated the patient way in which Anita and Everett, patiently worked with me in the confined water pool dive session. I got the very best instruction in all the fundamental skills, and the knowledge tests were rigorous and I felt well prepared and I was driven to master the fundamental skills.

The anxiety I felt with some of the equalization problems I knew I had pre- existing were eased during the Open Water Dive. Anita was right there the whole time and I was able to master some of the equalization strategies she taught me- to the point where I was truly able to enjoy myself as an independent diver- up to the deepest depth of 55ft. There was a real sense of adventure on all the dives. The first was to Treasure Reef (Accompanied by some other qualified divers and seeing Everett chasing after the mysterious Sea Turtle was very cool) followed by Engine Block, Arches and Big White. All were incredible dives and within 10 minute boat rides of the Grand Lido and were the absolute highlights of my entire trip to Jamaica, thanks to Anita. There was a real sense of adventure on the dives- there was so much to see and having a great dive instructor with exceptional instruction and dive skills was a real boon.

The systemic skills that Anita emphasized during the course were incredibly handy and helpful- so much so that I am now looking forward to doing my advanced diving courses and I would visit the Grand Lido again- just because I could go out boat diving around that incredible area with Dive Master and Instructors who really know what they are doing. Kudos Scuba Caribe for having such great staff!

Special Note- Johnny Ringo- on Ripe Banana was an excellent boat captain- the guy though relaxed ran a tight ship! All my boat dives were on Ripe Banana and now I know what a real dive boat operation is supposed to function like.

Visited July 2014
Carlsbad, California
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife and I took a PADI SCUBA certification program (levels 1-3). It took two days and included watching videos, practice in the swimming pool and in open sea. Our instructor James Brown was very knowledgeable, supportive and friendly. We had the great time and got our certifications!

Visited June 2014

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Uxbridge, Canada
“Glass Bottom Boat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The cruise we took from the resort included a glass bottom boat tour to Dunn River Falls and a snorkeling excursion on the reef between the falls and Riu. Awesome crew! Snorkeling was excellent! They were by our sides from start to finish.

Visited February 2014
Bowie, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Trampolines were lots of fun!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Family did the Scubacaribe snorkeling trip to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. The ride was slow and enjoyable. The snorkeling was fun, but wish we could have had more time there. They rushed us over to Jimmy's and family had a wonderful time on the trampolines! One of the guides took some of us shopping. We followed into the next building to shop. Didn't want to loose our guide. Didn't feel comfortable without a local being with us. Purchased items and followed again across the street. Purchased more items and gave money to pay the shop owner. I was due $10 in change. He gave me $5 and said there was a $5 city tax. What could I do...he had my money.Left feeling like I should have paid closer attention to the reviews I read. Please listen better than I did, or it will happen to you. Trip was lots of fun, but beware of store owners!! We were each promised a foot massage, no one got one. She got off easy on our trip.

Visited June 2014