“Still luv the grande !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort

You added Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort to your Saves list
Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   * The resort will be closed until March 2015, when it will reopen as a Palace Resort * | P.O. Box 100, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ocho Rios
ILL
“Still luv the grande !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

Spent a week at the new Grande, was different and alot of changes, the front desk was slow and the bus ride from the airport was very long and awful. The new front greeting area had alot of changes and frankly I missed the old front desk area, very modern this time, prefer the old, but the room was nice and very clean, housekeeping was excellent to us. The dining room was another story, we waited for over 1/2 hr for water and only two servers ask us if we would care for a drink. The pools were very nice and clean and very pretty at night. The night life has slowed down alot from past trips, and preferred the old way again. The entertainment was better two years ago and you could join in the dancing etc. But all in all, we still all agree the Grande is the place to stay in Ocho Rios and if you go hungry it is your own fault, the food was excellent and the grills were awesome !!! The bartenders were not as friendly as they use to be, either were the servers, we understand they are there to work, but a lil chat and friendly smile would have been nice. I did tell one of the supervisors if you are not friendly like all Jamaicans are, than noone will want to return right ? He agreed as he never even stopped to see why I made the remark. Guess they are not as friendly as they use to be !!! But still will stay there again, and enjoyed Ocho Rios as always. The shopping, The Ruins for lunch is a good outing and beautiful pictures, but the next time will visit there at night when all lit up. All in all, it is the grande for us and the one place you know you will get your money worth and have a nice time. Again Please bring back some of the old, and more of the smiles you use to have !!!! Other than that the place to stay in Ocho Rios !!!!

• Liked — The View
  • Disliked — The Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure to Shop Ocho Rios !!! Take plenty of one dollar bills with you.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

We stayed at the SJG for 2 weeks from July 3rd to July 17th 2006 and had a fantastic time and great weather as well. After reading many poor reviews we were a bit apprehensive and decided to go with a complete neutral view. My suggestion to you is to take each Tripadviser review with a pinch of salt and remember that - different folks, different strokes!!
Here's my view negative and positive. They are what I thought of the complex and are my honest opinions.
RJG is not a 5 star hotel but as long as you know that before you go you will not be disappointed. I would class the complex as moving from 4 star to 3 star depending on where exactly you are within it. It is a family resort so if you don't like children, then I suggest you dont go here.The bedrooms and bathrooms are smallish but adequate and very clean and always stocked with shampoo, gells, etc, and always clean fresh towels. We saw no insects the whole time we were there. We stayed in the North Tower. If you're a person who goes to bed before 11pm then request the South Tower as you will hear the entertainment. After 11pm the music stops and everything goes nice and quiet. General stuff!
The coach journey took us 1h hour and 50 minutes and was not dangerous in anyway, however we left Montega Bay at 6.15pm so this might have made our journey quicker as the roads are under construction as I'm sure during the daytime there would maybe be delays with construction machinery. The check in at the hotel was fast, effecient and friendly,,, We had pre-requested a room in the South Tower because of Trip Adviser reports but ended up in the North Tower where we stayed for the whole holiday by choice as it was more convenient to everything for the kids and in General.
The staff, in general, were very friendly and helpful and the maids that we had were fantastic. Even though it's against the rules, most will except tips if you do it descretely.
The food was both good and very clean. You could see officials testing for temperatures, etc all of the time. Remember though, if your staying for 2 weeks it might get a little repetative as it would anywhere. There is one of the food bars that provides fries, fish, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, etc, that stays open from early morning to very late at night so you'll never go hungry.
The pools are clean and plentiful and the beech area is spotless. You don't need to bring towels as the hotel provides you with fresh clean towels for the pool and beachs any time you want them. Because of the water sports and cruise ships across the bay the beachs are roped off at certain areas but this is for your own safety. The cruise ships are a bonus and great to watch. The water trampolines are great fun and there are a multitude of free water sports in the same beach area.
We went to a little trader on the south beach, just below the main pool and booked a boat trip to Dunn's River Falls (not he catamaran). We got it for $45 dollars each in comparison to the $75 dollars the hotel was looking for the catamaran. (This also included our entry fee to the Falls). It was absolutley fantastic, there were only 2 other people with us on this 2 story speed/cruise boat. When we returned to ithe boat after climbing the falls they took us snorkling at the reef and then as an added treat they took us around the whole coast pointing out all the different resorts. We tried all the restaurants in the resort twice each, and all were great depending on taste..We had no problems with bookings.
All in all this is a great family resort. If you want a quiet holiday with 5 star luxury throughout then I suggest you go elsewhere. If you want a beautifully located, clean family resort, on a lovely island with fantastic people then SJG is for you. We loved it.
Yeh Mon!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

I absolutely loved the all-inclusive hotel, the room, the staff, the food, the rest and relaxion! Rooms were very clean and we had an amazing view eventhough it was considered a "resort view". Food was great, and drinks were a-plenty. Our water glass was contstantly refilled and any drinks from the bar had plenty of alcohol. Restaurants were good but nothing I would come home craving. Make sure to make early reservations at the restaurants or else you'll be eating buffett, although I preferred buffet myself.
Staff was very nice and proud of their country. Beach was nice and pools were everywhere and were also very clean. Pool depth is only 3-4 feet. Lots to do, good shows, and Dunn’s River waterfalls which is about 8 mins. away is a must see. Residents of Jamaica are a very lively bunch and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting their country! Make sure you keep some tip money handy because workers outside the hotel made sure you tipped them.There are only 5 things that I could find wrong:
1)NOT THE HOTELS FAULT :The bus ride from MoBay Airport--VERY,VERY LONG. MoBay airport was a hot drunk mess, bring a hand held fan for the airport and for the horribly long ride to the hotel because the airport doesn't have A.C. just big metal fans that just push hot air around. Our Jamaica Tours bus for some reason didn't have A.C. either. We had to drop several other people off at other resorts which made the trip about 4 1/2 hours long. Watch all bags that are taken off the bus when people are being dropped off at the other hotels because a couple had their bags mistakenly taken off the bus and dropped off at another resort 3 hours away!
2)The cups at the buffet meals for unlimited soft drinks were about the size of a shot glass-maybe smaller.
3)The beach was nice but you can only go out about 4 feet until you reach the buoys, because boats, jet skis, and even a cruise ship were floating and zipping around just slightly further out. My boyfriend was stung by a jelly fish and so were 4 other people which we were told was highly unusual, so beware of sea creatures!
5)The all inclusive water sports were some what of joke. You can only go out to the buoys once again which was not very far from shoreline. I did the pedal boat which totally was a waste of my time, I pedaled out to the buoys and came back, yee-haw.
5)The elevator at the hotel is horrible--the wait is long because sometimes you have to pass on 2-3 elevators because they’re filled to the max with people.
Sounds like a lot of complaints, but I would go back in a heartbeat, maybe next time with a direct flight and a private taxi to get to the hotel. Before this trip I didn't even realize there were three meals in a day! Definitely awesome time and I came back with some great pictures and completely relaxed mood. Loved staying there, had a grand time!!!!!

• Liked — The atmosphere and the amazing views, and good food.
  • Disliked — the trip to get there
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring hand held fan, sunscreen, and tip money.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

My husband and I were honeymooning in Jamaica, and this was my 10th tvisit and his first. Needless to say I always loved Jamaica, but notice I am using past tense. After arriving, I thought it odd the reservationist swiped my credit card twice, and assured me once it is swiped he could never see the number. However, after being home for over a month, I received a call from Visa Bank of America informing me my card has been fraudulently used throughout Jamaica. Also, my husband and I never left the resort, so I know it happened there. The thief charged up $500.00 on my card at resturants, gas stations, grocery and hardware stores and a hotel in Montego Bay. Needless to say, I was shocked this happened at such a top of the line resort. The other resorts I have frequented were classified as middle of the road, and this never happened before.

My advice to future travelers to Jamaica Grande and Jamaica - - Call your credit card company and inform them of your dates of travel, so your card will be closely monitored.

My advice to management of Jamaica Grande - Keep up what you are doing, and you will surely lose business.

Stayed June 2006
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

I believe the difference between a good and a great vacation has to do with expectations. Going to the Sunset Grande I was not expecting a 5 star resort. To the best of my knowledge there may be only a handful of true 5 stars resort in Jamaica . Hopefully none that allow kids (not even mine). I was at the Sunset Grande last Summer during the renovation and had a really good time so going back I was expecting to enjoy the hotel with most the work completed (less the water slides).

Check In
This was slow. It took them a while to find my information. However, I was so impress with the loby that in the meantime I walked over to the lobby bar, got a rum cream and enjoyed the view. I love the lay out of the lobby and the open-ness.

Room:
I booked a resort view with 2 double beds. We got a room in the South tower on the 11th floor which gave us gorgous view of the mountain ,the beach with a view of the city to our left. I got a bit of everything which was very pleasing to me. We spent little time in the room therefore there is nothing to complain about. The room was cleaned in the morning by Rose who was nice and friendly. No problem waiting on the elevator getting to or from our room. We were really in no rush to get anywhere.

Food:
I am really impress with the selection. There was something for everyone. I especially liked the Jamaican corner where you could choose from Jamaican dishes. I did not have bacon or eggs not once. I had tons of ackee and salfish (the Jamaican National dish), bammy, fried bakes, calaloo. We made reservation at the Italian and South Grill as soon as we checked in. The service in the Italian resturant was slow and I did not care for my meal. However this might have been my bad luck because everyone seemed to really enjoy this restaurant. I found the menu not to be very kid friendly so I decided to stick to the buffet where I could have more of a Jamaican flavor. They included french fries, hot dogs and hamburgers at the dinner buffet. My kids loved having these items as a part of their meal. I enjoyed the food and the selection for the rest of my family.

Pools and Beach:
Wow. They are numerous and absolutely breath taking. The servers at the bar kept your drinks coming. I am usually not a pool person but I could not resist going in the fantasy pool with the waterfall and enjoy it for hours. I actually did a game or two of pool vollyball. The beach was clean and the water so warm and clear.

Entertainment:

There was usally a band during dinner. The music was pleasing to listen to. After a full day out enjoying the town, the pool, the beach , the bar and the meals I was ready for bed about 9 p.m. So I can not comment on much of the happenings after that. I made it one night to the disco about midnight (after falling asleep earlier and waking up). There was a few people there dancing. Faye-Ann at the tennis court did a great job at helping my hubby burn off the extra calories from one too many run creams.

Kids Club
My 8 year old daughter loved it. The staff was great with lots of fun activities. My 10 year old son went not for the activites but for the video games. Amazing improvement over last year when they had the kids in a tiny room. Collette in the kids club was amazing. On our last night the kids put on a fashion show which was fun for eveyone.

Suggestion

If you have done Dunn's River but looking to experience a beautiful trip in town try Coyaba Museum and Garden. It's about 10 minutes drive away where you get a personal tour through a Botanical Garden and up a wonderful waterfall which a fresh water lagoon where you can go swimming. Also about a 5 minute walk for the hotel there is a Turtle Park (free). It has turtle and koi fish ponds. You can sit and just enjoy a few minutes away from the resort. If you are going with children, a couple of walkie- talkie would be nice. I like knowing where my older son is without walking all over the place to find him.

Overall
We had a wonderful time staying at the Sunset Grande and in Ocho Rios. The staff extremly friendly and helpful. This resort and it's location give me the chance to go into town when I like without the hastle of getting a ride ($$$) and the ease of the AIl Inclusive vacation with children. We were not expecting a 5 star resort but we could call this our 5 star because we got what we were seeking and a lot more. I will definately return but only after the water slides are completed. Check later for my review for Sunset Beach Resort and Spa in Montego Bay... (not wowed but a good time) My day at Sunset at the Palms in Negril (Peaceful Paradise).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — There should be a pool bar reserve for adults
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

My husband and I had a wonderful time here on our honeymoon in Oct/Nov 2005. The room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable. Things were pretty quiet on our floor aside from the day that there was a wedding, and the couple and their guests were all staying in the few rooms across the hall from us. That was a little hectic ... but it reminded us of our own wedding, so we were happy to just slip off to the beach and nap there instead! I was a bit nervous about the "all-inclusive" aspect ... where my husband loves seafood and spicy stuff, I am more of a picky/boring eater. But there were enough choices at the buffets each day for both of us to be very happy. Everything was made fresh and constantly refilled, as well, so nothing had that sort of greasy buffet taste to it! We also tried two of the resort's restaurants and were impressed (the Italian was EXCELLENT and the Asian cuisine was also very good). The piano bar was a nice place to just sit and have some drinks ... or to occasionally sing along! The staff was very friendly and the entertainment staff was a lot of fun! The elevators may have been the slowest elevators that ever existed ... but why should you be
in a hurry on vacation?! The beach was adequate size and very clean ... there were plenty of lounge chairs, as well. The open-air lobby is a lovely place to sit and chat and enjoy the fresh air. The one night we went to the dance club it was a little early and fairly empty, but I was admittedly too tipsy to stay very long, so I didn't see if many people showed up! There was some construction happening while we were there ... luckily not near our room. No vacation is perfect, though ... and the few quirks we encountered with this place were far outdone by all of the fun we had! We are actually of thinking of going back for our one year anniversary!

• Liked — The fun staff and the food.
  • Disliked — The slow elevators?
  • Tips/Secrets — If you venture out of the resort, be prepared for very pushy locals. We barely got out of the resort before a woman practically dragged me across the street to try to braid my hair. Just be sure you know how to say no before you decide to walk around. :)
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

Firstly, I had never been to an all-inclusive hotel, or the Caribbean before, but I found the whole experience to be like living in the film TheTruman Show. It’s like a false reality planted into the middle of a beautiful, but impoverished Island. I & my wife spent 14 nights on honeymoon at the Jamaica Grande, from 26th June – 10th July 2006.
Can I also add that some of the reviews here appear to be written by either employees bigging themselves up, or hotel management.

GETTING THERE
We arrived at Montego Bay airport and there were loads of baggage handlers just removing people's baggage from the luggage track and setting them on the floor. Why they were doing this I have no idea, so we had to walk round the baggage area checking all the luggage they had left lying around on the floor. This seems to be to try and get a tip bizarrely enough, but merely causes inconvenience. After loading myself & my wife's suitcases onto the bus, the driver then followed me round to the other side of the bus and enquired if he was getting a tip. I obliged for the simple reason that I didn't want my luggage accidentally falling back off the bus, but expect this sort of demand (outside the hotel complex) during your stay.

The 2 - 2.5 hr bus ride to Ocho Rios is tiresome, but follows the coast roads, so you get to see the beauty of the island, along with the abject poverty of many of the people living there. The roads are sometimes non-existent and the trip can get a bit hairy in places where quarry trucks come flying round the corners. There is a highway currently being constructed (since 2002 apparently) but they don’t seem to be making much headway.

ACCOMODATION
1st thing I will point out is despite what other reviews say, the Jamaica grande is not a 5 star hotel in my opinion. The pools & beach and communal areas such as the lobby is 4 - 5 star, but its stretching it to rate the rooms, facilities & food as any better than 3 - 4 star.
On arrival at the Jamaica Grande we were allocated a room in the North Tower, overlooking the air conditioning units. The lifts in the North Tower are much faster and more frequent than the south, but the rooms are tattier and older. The room is clean, but the small things make it look tired and in need of repair. There were ill fitting tiles, broken tiles, the sealing round the plastic bath & sinks was going black and was smeared all over the place. The air conditioning was great though and each room has climate control. It was simply not possible to sit on the balcony in our room in the North Tower - it was too small and had a horrible view. The TV channels in the North tower don’t appear to work very well either - picture is too fuzzy, or disappears altogether. The music from the entertainment keeps you awake until 1am as well.
In our 2nd week we moved to the south tower. The staff were very accommodating and I wish I had asked much earlier in our stay. The room was much nicer, although the bathroom suffered from the same problems as before – poky and a little grubby. The balcony had a beautiful ocean view and was large enough to sit and relax on. Air conditioning was great, but our phone didn’t work (and despite my pointing this out 5 times, was still not working when we left) and we had no TV remote, which took 3 days to arrive.

FOOD
The breakfast buffet was fantastic. There was something for everyone, and plenty to go round. Whether you wanted cereal, a cooked breakfast, fruit, juice, huge range of toast, bagels, muffins, etc etc or something a bit Jamaican the selection was great. The only thing I would say is that when the hotel got busier in our second week it was difficult to get a waitress for coffee or water.

The lunch buffet was OK, the pasta station was best and the buffet then deteriorated as it got to the evening, when on a couple of occasions is was not nice at all and we had to eat at the grill, which was burger & fries style food, which was good as far as fast food went. The North grill, which I found to be dirty was open till 2am and was frequented by people who wished to eat fried chicken & burgers all day long and as a result the place was grubby and greasy and always had food lying all over the place. The south grill was much better, as it closed at 6pm, so the fast food maniacs tended to hang out at the north grill, where the entertainment was on and they could indulge till 2am.

The 3 restaurants, although never appearing to have their tables filled, you had to book 2 days in advance. The Chinese & Caribbean fusion was alright, nothing better – if you visited same at home, you wouldn’t bother with a return visit was how I gauged them. The most popular restaurant, the Italian was about as Italian as Beijing and the bread and oils on arrival were the best thing they served, although my wife very much enjoyed the lamb dishes. Despite having few tables, the staff were simply not able to cope and you would often sit for 20 mins on arrival (after waiting outside for 45 mins, despite your booking) before being offered a drink.
Also note!! – There is no pizza available in the hotel, despite the claims in the brochures that I saw, including the book provided in the hotel room picturing the ‘pizza chef at the Jamaica grande’ with a photo of a pizza chef putting a pizza in a large oven.

The best night we had eating was off property at Evitas restaurant. A free taxi picks you up at the hotel and drops you back home

DRINKS
If you drink beer, like me then I was delighted on my 1st night to get a frosted glass of cold fizzy Red Stripe at the North tower lobby bar..
The south grill beach bar was the best bar, and Derrick & Duwayne were the friendliest bar staff I encountered, with others sometimes appearing ignorant. I tipped the friendly staff and didn’t bother with the sour faced staff. We particularly enjoyed sitting having a few drinks and watching the beautiful sunset from 5-7pm at the south beach bar, which was generally empty at this time, as the fast food merchants had all cleared off, as the grill was closing. Quite often we came down here at night which was beautiful, only for the bar to close at 10.30pm, as it was empty. I have no idea why, as it’s the nicest part of the entire resort. The other bars which stay open are either tacky on the north side, or soul-less, bland lobby bars indoors. Not my cup of tea.
I would have preferred a bottle of beer, and perhaps a choice of a couple, but it was only 200ml cups of red stripe everywhere. There was only 1 white & 1 red wine to choose from, both of which were barely acceptable and I wouldn’t drink either at home. The daiquiris were not made with fresh fruit, rather syrup, but apart from that I was generally pleased with the drinks on offer except… and this was a major disappointment for us:

WATER - I thought that being in the Caribbean, a plentiful supply of drinking water would be on hand, but this is not the case. A tiny 500ml bottle of the local cheap water in the hotel shop was $2, which I thought was disgraceful. I presumed that the local cheap bottled water would be part of the all-inclusive. Not so – if you were on the beach parched, you had to go to the bar and get a 200ml cup of tap water which wouldn’t quench the thirst of an ant, then keep getting it refilled – not ideal. They really need to provide 1.5ltr bottles as part of the all-inclusive, or at least sell them at the shop and at a reasonable price. This would be a major reason why I wouldn’t return to this hotel.

FACILITIES
Some of the facilities which the hotel list are a complete joke. The internet café or ‘business centre’ as they comically refer to it is a little room, housing about 10 antique PCs, but only 3 of them actually work. It’s a ludicrous $10 for ½ an hour on an extremely slow connection and the place is run by the most ignorant, rude employee I have ever had the misfortune to come across. On the 1st day I needed to conduct some business back home, but there was a sign up saying that it wasn’t open till 5pm local time. Just how a European is supposed to conduct business at midnight back home is open to question. The next day, despite the advertised hours as being from 8am – 8pm it didn’t open until about midday. The attendant played a computer game at high volume whilst I tried to do some work.

The ‘coffeshops’ are just an empty jug saying ‘coffee’, beside some foam cups in the downstairs lobby of each tower.

The gym was great, well run and plenty of free weights and 4 treadmills and some other stuff. Towels always available.

The ‘casinos’ are also comical, comprising about 150 one armed bandits with absolutely no-one playing them. That’s it!

The pools were all fantastic – clean and beautiful. The North side was for those who wanted to play games and take part in daft games, but the south pools were quiet, nicer and tranquil.
The beaches were nice. They were clean and I didn’t see any traces of oil, as others have said. The North beach again was mainly kids running wild with music, and the south tranquil and not busy, although you have to be up by 7am to secure a shady spot. There are hardly any parasols. The cruise ships completely spoil the view, but you get used to them after a few days.
Do not come to this hotel if you like to swim. Almost the entire bay is reserved for motorized watersports and there is only 30 yards of water roped off for beach users. At the furthest point, the water only comes up to your waist and you’re not allowed any further, as you’re likely to get mown down by a jet ski or a boat There is nowhere where u can swim, or even jump in the water. Just where exactly people did their snorkeling from other reviews I don’t know, unless it was off property and not in ocho Rios bay.
Other hotels in quieter spots round the coast appeared to have much nicer waters.

Entertainment at night is non-existent. The on-property entertainment is dreadful with karaoke and other rubbish every night, with the exception being the beach party on Tuesday evenings. The food at the beach party was great – its like an outdoor buffet, only with much better food and choice. There is some traditional Jamaican entertainment as well which was a pleasant change from the drab rubbish every other night. I was disappointed when they started clearing up around us at about 9.30 though. The disco - Jamaica me crazy is woeful, with a DJ playing the same tunes, in the same order every night we went (3 times). Its just a big dark room with a few tables in it.
I was expecting maybe some steel bands or reggae bands to be playing at night, but there was the comedy cabaret equivalent instead with singers doing covers of American ballads. We got bored every night about 10.30pm and made our way back to our room. We left the hotel one evening at 7.30 to go to a bar in town, but all of the bars close to the hotel were shut. Not being into tacky clubs we didn’t bother going any further.

OCHO RIOS TOWN
Just how on earth other reviewers say that the town is very safe and the shops are good I really don’t know. Where do these people usually shop? Baghdad?
We got advice from the mytravel rep to visit allsorts of places, but it is inadvisable to turn left when you come out of the hotel, despite what they tell you and right, although there are more tourists is like mental torture. I wasn’t too concerned about the danger of assault or robbery, but almost every Jamaican in town is trying to hustle you for money. There is a constant barrage of people asking where you’re going?, how long you’re here for?, braid your hair?, smoke ganja?, can you look at this please?, I’ll bring you to a bar etc etc. It is really tiresome and we got fed up after 10 minutes. The shops are rubbish and most of the stuff is cheaper back home. Just who would buy diamonds or gold in a little town in Jamaica I don’t know. Certainly not me and that’s your lot as far as shops go. Every shop sells the same stuff as well. The supermarket close to the hotel was daylight robbery for everything, although there are some a further walk which are more reasonable.

OVERVIEW
Overall we had a relaxing time and enjoyed our time at the Sunset Jamaica Grande, as all we were interested in doing was getting up early, lying on the beach relaxing and reading a book, having a few drinks and dinner in the evening. There is nothing to do at night, unless you go off-site to eat, but when you’ve already paid for all-inclusive this seems like a waste of money.
Would I go back? No.

• Liked — South Beach Bar - Having a drink during sunset.
  • Disliked — Boring at night - would be better if not all-inclusive and you ate off-property
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort? Share your experiences!