I recently stayed at Sunset Jamaica Grande Nov 27-Dec 1, 2013. I have to admit it was not my first choice due to the many negative reviews. However, the deal I received on Expedia made me give it a try. I am so glad I did. First, if you are person that sweat the small stuff you may miss out on a great time. Check In: We arrived at 3:30 pm there was no waiting. Our room was 559 in the North Tower. It was renovated and cozy. Guest services assist us in reservations at the various restaurants onsite. The specialty restaurants were nice but the Italian one was the best. The live band on Thursday night was the best ever. Yes, they allow locals to have day passes. So what, if they can pay they can play and they made it lively. Who vacations in a country and does not want to be associated with their citizens. STAY HOME.
SJG has one thing over the other resorts and that is the quality of their employees. Our housekeeper Audrey was excellent she even accommodated us by adjusting her schedule when my boyfriend had to see his favorite soccer match. Rachelle the bartender in the main lobby kept us entertained with her quick wit and down home hospitality. I hope SJG realize what they have in these two. The staff made us feel like we were visiting with friends. I will definitely return this Summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios