My daughter and I stayed at this resort from 11/9/13 to 11/4/13. Upon arrival we were greeted and given a refreshing drink. Check in was a little slow. I requested a room in the south wing, and was told there was none currently available, but the following day accommodations could be made. I declined. The room in the north wing was clean and I have nothing to complain about. Our housekeeper was fantastic and friendly. She kept our room clean and the towel art was beautiful.
We had a wonderful time and a lot of fun. We didn't see any entertainment shows, but I heard they were amazing. I want to give a shout out to D.J. Shell! He kept the music and party going on poolside, and in the disco. Wow, we partied, and partied. The drinks were flowing although there was no top shelf liquor.
We were taken for a ride on the catamaran. The view was spectacular on a lovely morning.
The selection on the buffet was average. There was always something you could find to eat. We overslept one morning and missed breakfast. A staff member fixed us a plate. We made reservations at three specialty restaurants, and enjoyed every meal.
We did the tour of Dunn's River Falls early Tuesday morning. It wasn't crowded and we weren't rushed to climb the falls. Our guide was terrific.
Overall, the staff was friendly and all wore a smile. This is a three star resort, so don't expect five star!
I would stay at this resort again. It is the best bang for your money for a quick getaway.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grand
- Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Amex, Venere, Otel, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.