This was my fourth time to Ocho rios and first time to Sunset Jamaica Grande. I travelled with 5 other women. The scenery was amazing and though I had an excellent time some things were of a concern.
3/4 of the staff were EXTREMELY RUDE. Bartender Rayon at the main pool bar for example I asked him why he was so rude and he simply ignored me gave me a dirty look and proceeded to speak patois to his co worker. Our entire group was tipping him and nothing but friendly. This isn't a way to treat paying customers. The food in the buffet was average however I always found something to eat. The snack grill was good and the a la carte's were very good as well but once again I encountered a rude waiter. I asked him very politely if he minded taking a picture of me and my group and his response was "sure it's not like I have anything else to do" WTF. In canada a waiter would be fired for this it's not acceptable. I was extremely polite so his attitude threw me off. I ate at the Ginger Lily and the Italian and food at both was extremely good. One staff member that was extremely polite and great fun to have around was Shevon Wellington the entertainer. He was great with all guests and made everyone feel happy to be there. The staff at the pool bar's would only serve you at the top of the bar so I didn't really understand the point of having a pool bar if your not going to serve anyone in it ? We always had to get out and ask for drinks at top. Which wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't sitting at a pool bar. The rooms were ok but the bathrooms were very small, dirty, old and the maids barely cleaned. I was in the north tower and no folks it's not renovated. We got what we paid for and it wouldn't stop me from going to Jamaica again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios