“Great Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort

You added Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort to your Saves list
Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   * The resort will be closed until March 2015, when it will reopen as a Palace Resort * | P.O. Box 100, Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Los Angeles, California
“Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I arrived late and my room was given away. I wanted a King sized bed but only queen beds were available. I was a bit disappointed. But Nickesha who check me in promised a look to my liking the next day. And sure enough she came through. I had a room that I was very happy with. The food was good. Sometimes it was a bit of a repeat. But there was enough variety to have different things each day. And there was a lot of food. Azala in the hospitality section was amazing. She made sure guests felt like they were home away from home. Guest services staff were friendly and helpful. Anything you need Romika will assist you and if she cannot she will point you to some one who can.
I went for a relatives wedding. The wedding coordinator was a patient and kind and competent person. The wedding was beautifully planned. Even though I went for the wedding it turned out to be just an amazing vacation. September 14 to 21, 2013.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first vacation in a few years and I went with my 7 yr old son and my mother. Choosing this hotel was one of the best decisions I could have made. When we arrived, we were greeted upon arriving and were checked in without any issues. We stayed on the north side of the hotel where the rooms weren't renovated but that was ok b/c we were practically outside most of our vacation. The staff was fantastic; I loved the many choices of restaurants they had; the buffet they had everyday was filled to overflowing; the drinks were out of this world; wonderful atmosphere for families, judging by how much fun my son had. He was all over the place. I had a chance to do what I went for, which was to just relax. I also loved the fact that the hotel was right in downtown Ocho Rios. I will definitely be back and hopefully sooner than later. Thank you to everyone at Sunset Jamaica Grande for making this vacation the best I've had in a long time.

Room Tip: Get a room on the renovated side, b/c I hear they have refrigerators which we could have used.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brantford, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Sunset Jamaica Grande. We celebrated our anniversary there. It was a postcard vacation!. The resort was beautiful. The food was amazing. The staff could not do enough for you. The beach was great. Not Cuba great but almost as good. You can drink the water there which says a lot. The grounds were beautiful and kept up all the time. We were up-graded to the Cabana rooms and WOW!. Could not ask for a more wicked set up. We opened our sliding glass door to the gardens and the beach maybe 30 yards away. It was a picture perfect postcard vacation and we will be returning!. Can hardly wait till next year!

Room Tip: Up-grade if you can to the Cabana rooms. You will not be disappointed!.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Hotel over all was a great deal. The start of our stay started a lil rough but was quickly sorted out with what I call the best customer service and her name is Shawnette Mcknight excellent young lady that made a fantastic stay. Besides a couple odd ball staff for the most part service was great. Room cleaned every day and the food was awesome along with the amenities and daily activities. You can arrange all your tours and buy all your suvineers from the gift shop for a better deal then going out to the craft market or any other place. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed September 2013
Old Harbour, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Check in was quick and easy. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was well kept. Food wonderful. The restaurants are the best! Bars are great too. I love me some dirty banana!!! Beach is clean, water crystal clear. Definitely value for money!

Room Tip: Had a refurbished room on the south floor. Wonderful!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just came back from this resort and I simply loved it :) the room was clean, spacious and even though it was a standard room we had an amazing view of the ocean...definitely no complaints. The service was great, everybody was super friendly.... but the best part about this was the beach!!! simply gorgeous and I will definitely be going back asap. thank you

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The hotel is not the newest, but is a Great Value for good service by a great staff, decent buffet food, nice sit down restaurants (The manager and staff at the Italian place are awesome!), good drinks/bartenders, and fun and entertainment for the kids (and parents) around the pool. Crab races at night for the kids with "official" betting and odds (the Jamaican crab seemed to win a lot), and some decent entertainment acts (lets face it, it's not Vegas).

I say Great Value because we were there for 8 days in the middle of July and we booked an excursion or 2 each day with the money we saved on lodging. It not a place you go where people feel the need to show each other how much money they have (there are plenty of places you can pay triple in Montego Bay, Atlantis, etc. which we did previous years).

Concierge desk did a good job of arranging the excursions with little effort. Do the Falls and Jamaican Bobsled Tours.

Stay on the cabana side if you like quiet, you can always walk around to the main towers where the pool music is always going...we stayed in the main, North Tower

Room Tip: Stay on the cabana side if you like quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort? Share your experiences!